If I pull that mask off, will you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_(number)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would be extremely enlightening

For shinji-kun.

He's a big guy

cant even banepost correctly

Speaking of masks, why do you think Lilith changes mask in rebuild? Is it Adam?

absolutely atrocious baneposting ITT

What'd you say to make her so mad user?

For Yui

Ramen > Bratwurst

You're me but better looking

Crushing after an older man.

She is a hothead.

i am already dead

i came inside

Oh don't mind me, just best angel coming through.

They expect one of us in the robot, Shinji.

jej

Please.

>Angel that actually looks like an Angel
If there was no spear humanity would be gone, what if it struck Rei or Shinji instead of Asuka?

Howzit goin' dollface

>does suicide

It still would have had to descend into range to do anything. If they figured out some way to deal with the mind beam it would have been easy picking.

gachimuchi is the pinnacle of anime.

So for the next rebuild are we getting 4.0 or 4.0+1.0? Also what's the difference between the two?

So does anyone think that face has any specific meanings?

I could never come up with any reasonable interpretation.

Is it just some random idea? Or does 7 Eyes and a triangle mean anything?

Just realised it was a referenced to the 7 spirits of god, don't why it took me typing that out to come up with that.

Coincidentally I've just finished watching the Eva series, and I've got to ask: What's the fuss all about? It was comfy and not a bad show overall but why is it so highly acclaimed? The ending was somewhat strange and felt out of place too, I wonder what's up with that.

Probably just more shit Anno thought looked cool. 7 is a holy number though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_(number)

You're still a kid

It opened up the floodgates for a lot of original and experimental anime. Put it into context with the time period it came out it. The ending was kind of out of nowhere yeah, but you got a taste of the more abstract side of Eva with every episode past 15. They were on a short budget, time constant and Anno was deeply depressed, hence the last 2 episodes. Seeing Shinji finally learn to value himself was a great ending imo

Have you watched End of Eva yet?

Rebuild will ruin you and Evangelion

>Coincidentally I've just finished watching the Eva series
You came while looking at an MP Eva? That's fucking disgusting.

Pretty witty, user

Holy fuck, an Eva thread that hasn't been spammed with shippershit. Already a good start to the new year.

YOURE WAY TOO CHILL ABOUT IT

>Eva
>comfy
That word has lost all meaning

this desu

about had a breakdown when I first finished NGE

shinji calls himself an iranai kodomo in reference to gendo abandoning him

asuka says "kodomo iranai" vomiting into the sink. is she abandoning someone?

is rei 2 lillith or yui? rei 2 acts like yui

is rei 3 lillith or yui? rei3 acts like lillith

Shinji is mattaku damesenai otoboke.

Was that when she was pissed about her period?

All of the Rei's are both Lilith and Yui.
Lilith's soul + Yui's body = Rei.

The reason Rei II acts more "human" than the other Rei III is because she got character development (Befriending Shinji, expressing emotions, questioning herself and others, caring for characters outside of Gendo). Unfortunately when Rei II died all of that progress was lost, but some deep underlying feelings about what she learned and experienced were still there (Rei III gripping Gendo's glasses and wondering why she was crying). A shame really.

theoretically on her period. girls dont vomit from cramps and misato isnt on her period in the episode. I think misato is lying

ritsuko says nothing outside the body can affect synchrograph ratings

but... pregnancy is internal. look at the synchrograph

>comfy
uhm, what.

Watching the first time doesn't really get the full appreciation to sink in, as well as without reading some reading on the more subtle things that are shown and theories around them. What is fairly spot on, but I also think a large part of its adoration is due to the message which hits some people harder than others depending on their personal history. Its largely about finding yourself as an individual and pursuing it rather than continually following the wishes of others around you, and picking yourself back up from your failures. Mixed in with that, you have a fairly relevant message to more modern generations about how absolutely messed up kids can get without having parental figures in their lives to give them stability from which to explore life.

Depends though on the person viewing it. People can love and hate the characters in the show depending on how much of them they see in themselves. EoE is definitely a more dramatic take on the original ending with the last 3 minutes still being perhaps the single most controversial scene of all that wasn't really explored ideawise in the original ending.

autistic Asukafag who's projecting about wanting to knock her up plz go

Because period suck beyond understanding, and can hurt like hell. It also affects hormonal induced behaviour/mood, hence the constant bitching

its hard to judge eva in terms of uality as an adult, as one that had been deeply affected by it as a kid. but objectively the directing is top notch, the script is pretty good, the production values thought through very deeply (as in they had a very specific plan, such as hard sci fi, and maintained it through to the end) etc.

does that make it good? relateable? hard to say, objectively. it's definitely better than the era of tryhard tht came after, or the current dakimakura/moe trend

evangelion is the highest grossing anime franchise ever. more than a billion in gross revenue. I don't thin this is a coincidence

imo, and this is just an opinion. eva is the single most relateable mainstream piece of media that has ever been made. it handles real issues, gives them their due, and if you cant relate to tem, I think you're immersed in escapism above your head, or not yet an adult. kids dont need to even be abandoned or messed up to feel like shinji

it might not be most fun. but that doesnt define art.

personally I relate most to gendo but every character is relateable unless you're a cocky 15 year old thats never failed

I mostly post the pics bc they're funny and piss people like you off

I think there's ample evidence in japanese that doesnt get communicated in english

jp is generally very vague. if a s[ecific phrase is repeated often it can be strange

Eva is in a league of it's own. Unlike any anime ever made, and ever will be made, though I'll admit there's some that follow in the same vein (ie: Revolutionary Girl Utena).

Will there every be an anime with the same impact as NGE?

I still think about you from time to time, Tsundere-chan.

seems unlikely. there'll be larger franchises, like star nigs under disney. but they aren't going to be anything more than candy. there might be other smaller things like utena (very, very good even though I hate faggot shit) and they might even be better, even though its unlikely, since hte era of taking risks is over

but there'll never be something that is both. not in america, not in japan. it'd take an economic collapse

I actually think a couple have come close, but the subtlety, script, direction, pacing, etc. is just not up to par even if the characters et. al are great

Looks like a fencing mask