Pre-2000 Anime

What old anime are you watching this new year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KeIOVCuSggI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>generals
How does Sup Forums do it? 80s anime suck btw. All of them. Literally.

Well I'll reply to myself then!

I jsut started watching Treasure Island and I'm really liking it.

However, I'm about ready to give up on Fist of the North Star. It's the same damn thing every episode. I've been told that it picks up after Shin, so that's what I'm holding out for. But good lord, it's a slog.

Imagine this art IRL

Slowly going through Rayearth.

Has this been fully subbed?

>blatant shitpost
How does Sup Forums do it?

Irony aside he's not wrong

No.

I'm continuing with You're Under Arrest TV. Probably going to start one of City Hunter, Platoblor or VOTOMS. Not sure which. I'm into mech, but I've heard City Hunter is very good

A man of taste.

I just finished Escaflowne earlier today. I overall liked it, but the ending was less dramatic than what I was expecting.

Ace wo nerae and i'm enjoying every second of it.

its fun to see what people used to wear in the late 70's

Goddamn Escaflowne is considered old now? Fuck me...

The manga started before Evangelion.

Continuing pic related at Ep. 22. I stopped halfway through the last time I watched, never actually finished it. Despite what some of Sup Forums would claim, I actually enjoyed the Nanami-antics episodes.

Fuck, I used to have a camera just like that. I feel old now.

That's one of the great things about old anime: it acts like a time capsule for all the fads and fashion. The gogo dancing in Attack No. 1 was hysterical.

Never listen to those that dislike the Nanami episodes.

Only plebs dislike Nanami episodes.

Not anime but I just finished Wingman. The last couple volumes felt like an extension since the big bad was defeated and an even bigger bad appeared suddenly. Pacing dropped significantly and it sucked for awhile. The final battle was amazing, and the ending was pretty bittersweet. Overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Shame that only up to chapter 16 is translated.

I really need to start watching Attack No.1 again. I stopped at episode 6 and never continued for some reason.

It's a good sports show, though. I'd honestly say that I prefer it to Ace Wo Nerae.

I regret not starting Formula 1 because of the last thread instead of watching Utena.
I said that "I liked" that the MC as "a bad person", I and don't hate that he is "this" bad now that I'm watching. What I hate is everyone else. It's inexplicable how the MC does whatever he wants and hits everyone, never justified, and receives no punishment at all.
He is always screaming how he is the best, but the actually does next to nothing, the other are the ones who always have to do everything for him, and they never have a reason to do anything for him, on the contrary. I can't accept how everyone with time become his friend and do everything for him all the while he screams, he fights, he sabotage even himself. The logic and so consistently "bad" that it manages to impress me. The story and characters are really "alien" to me, it is really amazing that some writer had the audacity to write something this absurd.
There's no rules in this world, the races are more like Road Rush than a real sport.

My brethren.

I'm glad others are watching.

dragon ball z

Just finished DNA 2 meh anime great opening

I like fighting games but I didn't know anything about DBZ, so I've been marathoning it for like two weeks now so I could play that new game without being a poser

I don't really like it, but I get why people do. maybe if I watched it 15 years ago, I'd like it more.

>City Hunter is very good
I found it very repetitive.

man, city hunter is too good, i can't get enough of the adventures/shenanigans of the mokkori-man and his tsundere tomboy.

I just saw Riding Bean and I thought it was REALLY f***ed up?

>stripping the hostage girl nude then forcing her to walk in public at gunpoint
>brutally killing the cops then laughing and smiling like nothing happened afterward
>"hey old man let me suck your dick haha"
>that awkward conversation as he refuses because shes way too young
>weird lesbian pedo relationship
>all the physical abuse she gives the girl
>the girl still likes her
>that part where the guy causally mentions the kidnapped little girl is probably being raped on camera

I expected it to be good because I liked Gunsmith Cats, but this is too much.

Favorite Katsura work yet, loved the anime and just bought the manga, I'm really excited to read them.

rewatched Ruin Explorers recently. Forgot how much I absolutely adored it. it's a shame it was only 4 episodes but somehow everything just paced and clicked perfectly.

Also I want to fuck Rasha

When will the cap get raised past 2000?

In 2020.

When shut up. There's nothing stopping you from making a 2000s anime thread

Go make a 2000-2010 thread. Actually do it please, I'd enjoy it.

I think "pre-digital" is a more apt cut-off.

Generals aren't inherently bad. Drawfag, buyfag, and this one are pretty important. You need a slow thread like this to hope for any discussion on fossils.

so, 1998?

>Generals aren't inherently bad
No, for shows that deserve them I can see it. Not for blogposting shit like this though. But continue watching 80s anime like a child.

I prefer 90s shoujo desu

Stuff like the Cowboy Bebop Movie was released in 2002 and still used traditional cels.

This actually seems interesting, I'll check it out.

I watched the first two episodes of Macross and can't say I enjoyed it. Something about the tone and pacing just bored me. Does it pick up or is it just not for me?
Also goddamn could they not clean the fucking cels? There was a lot of noticeable dust.

Kozue is a good girl

Still rewatching Ranma.

You should watch Megazone 23 if you want to see some dust.

Keep watching it. Literally one of the greatest series of all time.

Fuck nanami episodes. Chunks of filth beset among jewels that are the rest of the episodes.

Shit taste. Nanami's egg is literally the best episode of the entire series.

Given the training her and Midori received I'm willing to bet they can crush a man's head with their thighs.

Just saying.

Rewatching Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, and Patlabor.

>Maison Ikkoku
the OST of this is great but the anime is so fucking slow it's insane. i think it's better to read it

Nanami's episodes are every bit as important as the rest of the episodes and add a lot to the characters and (selectively) the continuity.

what's his problem

Kyou Kara Ore Wa is the definition of a hidden gem. Why is it so fucking good?

I was waiting until tonight, but I am rewatching Utena and have just gotten to Nanami's egg

You guys say this but I tried to make a 2000's anime thread when I was watching both Boogeipop Phantom AND Tsukikage Ran and they got maybe 20 posts each. I ended up posting Ran here and no one noticed that it was past the cut off point, I assume because of how it looks but still. I can't get away with something like Love Hina the same way.

>annoying at first
>ends up as one of the best characters by the end
mariko is a miracle of the universe

Just watched this recently and enjoyed it. Is the wordfilter still on? I wanna fuck Senpai, senpai.
But is she fuzzy or simply brown?

Sup Forums talked about it a lot

I don't know the Anime but the manga was one of the better I've ever read and I don't give a shit about motors races and so on

Answers that question. As for the latter I would say she's of the brownish variety. She for all intents basically seems to be an elf with a tail.

Though unfortunatly even in the manga there doesn't seem to be a lot of details into what a Wiggan/Wiccans. Would love to see more of this world.

Manga was fun read though. Was glad when it finally got translated.

They suck and stand out jarringly

Kyouryuu Wakusei (Dinosaur Planet). Obscure anime unavailable on the internet bar for a a handful of episodes (all unsubtitled), just imported the DVD box set last week and it should be here tomorrow.

Features an adorable loli protagonist who is a namesake of the term "moe."

Do you plan on ripping it?

I might, my hard drive is a piece of crapola though and I've never made a torrent before.

Candy Candy Movie

youtube.com/watch?v=KeIOVCuSggI

If you do decide to rip it, you could upload it to a few anons who have the resources to properly distribute it. And creating a torrent is really fucking easy.
In any case, I hope you enjoy it, user. I'm quite envious.

Rewatched Golden Boy today.
>this is an average software engineer in japan
Step aside, Lain.

The first time you watch them, yes. By the end of it though you should have figured out what's really going on in them.

I'm at episode 15 and loving it. There's a good amount of diversity in monsters, love stuff like that. Reminds me of the Ys OVA series.

i agree with that user you should rip it and upload it either in these threads or on nyaa. maybe someone like dmonhiro can help you

I'll try. It may not be until the weekend though.

What is a painting?

Started the original Gundam for the first time. I haven't watched any Gundam before, I'm actually enjoying it.

Watching Lupin shows, watching Lupin movies, living Lupin, loving Lupin Im in Lupinmania

The one and only

I love her hair.

Listen, i did a lot of drugs in college. I smoked a lot of meth and i even fucked around with heroin, smoked a lot of weed and ate plenty of shrooms. But nothing i ever did would come close to making me jump after a bouquet of flowers completely disregarding the incoming train. It was suicide.

No. But I think the subbers are trying to do weekly releases though.

When exactly do I watch the OVA's and the Movies?

Thats cause she killed herself in the manga, and the anime censored that scene badly

When CG takes over.

I've seen some episodes of Infinite Ryvius in the past couple of days, gotten to episode 11 now. It's really enjoyable, I especially like the parts when we can see the signs of their daily lives, with luggage and how they keep all their stuff. The aspect of being locked up in a limited living space occupied by both civilians and people who do the fighting reminds me of the second season of Magic Knight Rayearth, and seeing the regular people was one of the things I really enjoyed in that show.
However, it seems the plot is starting to develop more in a romance drama direction, which is something I don't enjoy that much and is putting me off watching more, even though I know I will, eventually.

Would you a Moguro, user?

how horribly would it back fire on me?

What is finally gettin subbed? Has Kasei Yakyoku been finished?

Oh my, whatever do you mean, user?

Got Project A-ko already downloaded, only need to watch it now.

Don't expect much. It's not that long so it's possible to get through but it's pretty bad. Nice songs though, I still listen to them.

Is Slayers still worth watching? I remember liking what I saw of it as a kid

It was extremely enjoyable, packed with action at a pace rarely equaled. One of my first anime I've never forgotten about.

Just rewatched this. The music and atmosphere are as unique as I could remember.

A huge discovery for me.