Made in Abyss

So this show is basically catering to people who like "dark" things at the cost of a decent story and characters? Sounds about right.

I don't know what that says. I can't see it.

But it does have a decent story and characters?

Well, I'm convinced.

kek read the manga pleb

It says fuck off fag

You're quite welcome user!

...no?

>not watching the 'Everything's Daijoubu' cut of Made in Abyss

I don't know how how you can post anything so incorrect. It has at least as many cute moments as dark ones and mixes fetish pandering with convincing worldbuilding, mystery and adventure. It's in its own league altogether

terrible thread. how maddening

So you mean it's erratic and tone deaf?

If you didn't see this shit coming in the first three episodes (kids going down a road of self destruction) then you are a fucking moron. I can see how people call it edgy. But for a series that clearly says 12 year olds arn't ready to descend the Abyss you shouldn't expect nothing to happen. It's all foreshadowed and explained. Next seasons things will get really fucked up with [spoilers]Best dad.[/spoilers]

Great art, great music, great world-building, unique characters. It might be the best of 2017. This is coming from someone who was skeptical and thought it was going to be shit. Every time I see loli looking anything, I'm weary.

Spotted the mad Kemonoshitter. MiA is AOTY while your series is dead.

The phrase "what are you really angry about?" springs to mind.

Come back in 10 years user.

>Asking a question and then following up with "Sounds about right" to yourself
I really want to punch you in the face

Ok!

Not really angry because I love the show and the manga. Just people people miss-using the word edgy. I would still like the show if it didn't had the gore, for just seeing how they portrayed it just made it better.

Kinda like madoka and walmart madoka

>walmart madoka
I kinda wanna know what that one is

I didn't say it was edgy. I said it was dark.

Edgy is something that's dark for no reason. I said it was dark, but at the cost of its story and characters.

Except Madoka advertised itself to be a fun cutesy magical girl show to flip over to the other side after 3 episodes and Made in Abyss never claimed to be something it isn't.

In that case we agree. I care more about Nanachi than Reg or Riko, although I've gotten more attached to them due to reading the manga. It's dark alright and it's only going to get worse. I really wonder how they are going to portait some scenes from later in the manga in the next season.

yuyuyu prolly

your right, never promised to be a good anime and it wasn't

Yuuki yuuna

Aww nuu.

Opinions. Was AOTY for me. Now fuck off.

I got banned for calling this show edgy once.

Don't do that again.

but that is indeed the appeal of it

How so?

Sells itself on shock value but is a discount version of madoka with worse animation, writing, OST.

Alright.

Read the manga, you will find happiness.

This is the greatest MiA gif ever made, prove me wrong.

No, its catering to pedos and furries. I thought it was pretty easy to understand? Even 5 year old would. You shouldnt post here, op.

This is a pretty shitty thread, 4/10.

Yeah, that's why the furry shows up just as the season is about to end and the children are shown to be dumb as a rock. Try again.

>actually denying it
top kek

No direct argument against what was said. That's predictable. And boring. Ciao.

read the manga, fucktard

>Watch the show because I hear it's really dark and edgy that pretends to be cute and innocent
>It's actually cute and innocent with dark moments
Eh the sense of adventure was alright and the scenery looked quite good 7/10

>at the cost of a decent story and characters
No? The dark parts improve both the story and characters.

>at the cost of a decent story and characters?
Why is it at the cost of these things, user?
Why don't you demonstrate it for me?

Sure, that's why the characters often don't react accordingly when bad shit happens. They just take it all in stride right? That's what robots do, not humans. Make the characters robots and it would make a lot more sense.

>It's actually cute and innocent with dark moments
This. Seriously, so far all of the characters have overcome their periods of struggle with fairly limited consequences.

>that's why the characters often don't react accordingly when bad shit happens.
>Make the characters robots and it would make a lot more sense.They do?
Have you actually watched this show?

Yes. Have you? CharacterS. As in PLURAL.

Like I said, they do react to bad shit that happens.
Have you actually seen the show?

Yes. Have you? The abyss is not a weekend walk in the park and yet the two mains constantly act like it is. Whoah, that's sure relieved all of the tension. Now I'm really not bored.

Reg is obviously conflicted from the very start when he nearly loses Riko to the bird things.
Reg breaks down on being beaten by Ozen.
Reg breaks down again on nearly losing Riko again.
Reg and Nanachi break down at Mitty.
All three break down at Prushka.

What are you expecting?

So, one character, the robot, is the only one that consistently acts like a human being. Now I'm really convinced.

Sorry, did you miss Nanachi's whole arc?
The only one who doesn't consistently react is Riko, who is noted to be rather dispassionate.

Maybe you should learn the difference between edgy and dark then?

Yes, I got bored long before she showed up.

Right, so you are actually complaining about a show you haven't watched.
You should have answered honestly the first time.

No, I'm complaining about a show that I dropped slightly above halfway. No need to be so overdramatic.

If you'd actually watched the show you'd know that their society indoctrinates their kids into taking life threatening situations in stride

The entire town knows shit like that happens. You don't go down into the abyss unless you're prepared to face the curse and a gruesome death.

Yeah and a functioning society should be totally OK with that. You know who else does stuff that? Meerkats.

Little known fact, many people find meerkats cute and endearing.However, in the wild, if a group of meerkats comes across the road, they will send their children onto the road first in order to test it for dangers, such as a speeding car.

I had no idea meerkat manor had been turned into an anime.

Feel free to make an argument whenever you're ready

I did. Your illiteracy is not my concern.

Did you know that most species of feline have night vision? Your turn.

Like I said, your illiteracy is not my concern. It should be the concern of your parents and teachers. You ignoring a single lane because it doesn't fall into your worldview isn't going to make me respect you or your image folder. Yet another utterly predictable and boring response. Bye.

how this dumb pedophile show got aoty over My Hero Academy aka Literal Perfection, i'll never know.

>Yeah and a functioning society should be totally OK with that
What 'argument' were you making here? That it's unrealistic for a society with an entirely different history to ours has a different view on the value of human life?

i want ozen to smack me

It doesn't matter what AOTY was, it matters what was AOTY to you.

Where can I see this?

>He gave up and ran because of a little bantz
Sad

That's deep bro.

weird pedophile shit is why i cant let my parents know i watch anime. i wouyld love to be able to watch my hero academy with my parents in the living room, but if i asked them if they wanted to watch it, they'd think it was pedophile hentai.

fuck you weebs and your dumb moe pedo shit. its people like you who maker us normal anime fans embarrassed.

LIKE THE ABYSS LOL

Why shitpost in a thread falling slowly to page 10?
There are better places to farm for (you)'s.

Nice job,

I'm just waiting for that Iamverysmart dude to come back and try to defend his shit opinion but if well

Idiot. Taking things in stride is part of Riko's characterization. Just because she doesn't react how you think she should doesn't mean she's a bad character.

GOT EEM

Nice try. Just kidding, it wasn't really.

Is this an admission that your thread is bait?

I fucking hate this disingenuous shithole. Can't even have an actual discussion without retards springing >haha gotcha

Is it you user?

>Can't even have an actual discussion without retards springing >haha gotcha
This is what I miss about being in academia.
You'd still be surrounded by people with their heads up their asses, but they'd generally argue in earnest.

What's there to defend? His argument is that he disagrees with their value structure and because that reminded him of a cutesy animal show he saw it must be invalid.
He might as well compare Oliver Twist to a documentary on ferrets to discredit it. Same flawed analogy.

Is there anyone else who read/watch this just to see what crazy shit the abyss has to offer? I don't care much about the characters nor the story, i'm just fascinated with otherwordly nature in fictions.
That's also kinda the reason i read one piece and toriko, the fantastical universe gives me boners.

That's sort of what I wanted OP to do. I don't agree with his opinions but I thought he might engage with me genuinely so I could argue some of my points. Oh well.

Oh well. I might as well post Tsukushi lewds

I don't understand why you faggots reply to these literal Sup Forums threads.

It was the main draw at least. The characters and story have grown on me but the hook was the world.

I don't imagine this is an unpopular position.

The universe was definitely the hook for me, but the story Tsukushi's weaving is also interesting enough to keep me going. I do wish there was a bit more flavor stuff about the actual Abyss and surrounding world. Speak of the devil also haha

Is this enjoyable for people who aren't into any weird fetishism?

It was the same for me as well ever since I saw the sketch of that fucking giraffe bird thing,

If you can look past it. I don't click with any of the pandering and still loved it.

For me, it's that feature that usually pushes it to the top over the other shows that might have good characters or whatever. I got much the same feeling from Girls' Last Tour this past season.

I just ignore or skip through the fetish shit. The rest of the spelunking content and Scientific Triumph are more than enough to hold my attention.