Yugioh went downhill after 5Ds, how do we fix it?

Yugioh went downhill after 5Ds, how do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7t6rZUZmfE
youtube.com/watch?v=8WXYajeP9TE
youtube.com/watch?v=5rNil_8ZYV0
youtube.com/watch?v=6MR8GPSTwOk
youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo
youtube.com/watch?v=ibHU7K2mnVg
youtube.com/watch?v=m0MkL_sYYT0
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU7DA4GVW8
youtube.com/watch?v=_cUX5HvzwhE
youtube.com/watch?v=e9BXwgoOW2A
youtube.com/watch?v=hwNdAXkc8Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Wu9CtJMNc
youtube.com/watch?v=o81IgqGunUw
youtube.com/watch?v=iN1TkEw68Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=MF665TM0XPI
youtube.com/watch?v=P90xGC1H5Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=4bWDvfhALEo
youtube.com/watch?v=9RaztTuTKs8
youtube.com/watch?v=WpXHyaRa__k
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6tgtyQxoc
youtube.com/watch?v=Mydjqm2rU1E
youtube.com/watch?v=0FTE-LoUdHI
youtube.com/watch?v=sGgTkGcxWrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At*
FTFY

more Synchro summoning

More waifu characters like akiza or a mature theme

Bring back Aki.

Bring back waifus and an MC that's not a kid

vrains has both

Bring back good soundtracks

Bring back the animators and put them to use on Vrains

Too crazy for me.

The tits got smaller after 5D's, just bring back the tits.

More dragon men

if you really want to break the mould, just have an anime that shows the game as it is in real life. Have an ordinary kid with a love for board/card games start off as a noob with his friends and by the end have him/her compete to become the world champ. This would actually appeal to the playerbase much more (the ones who actually spend money on this game.)

pic related. Look up this guy's videos. As stupid and gay as this looks, it was interesting to watch because the games were legitimate.

Vrains is okay

But the Girls in 5Ds were great

Exa user is that you?

More Kaiba

Imagine having taste this shit. 5ds was peak yugioh.

>This is what dub only watchers actually believe

I bet you didn't even watch DM and GX subbed in its entirety

Do yourself a favor and watch the first 3 Shows fully subbed

I would argue they got a lot smaller since ZeXal because 5D's had Aki who is the most busted MG

This so much

Just gonna go all out then
youtube.com/watch?v=b7t6rZUZmfE
youtube.com/watch?v=8WXYajeP9TE
youtube.com/watch?v=5rNil_8ZYV0
youtube.com/watch?v=6MR8GPSTwOk
youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo
youtube.com/watch?v=ibHU7K2mnVg
youtube.com/watch?v=m0MkL_sYYT0
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU7DA4GVW8
youtube.com/watch?v=_cUX5HvzwhE
youtube.com/watch?v=e9BXwgoOW2A
youtube.com/watch?v=hwNdAXkc8Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Wu9CtJMNc
youtube.com/watch?v=o81IgqGunUw
youtube.com/watch?v=iN1TkEw68Ks

5Ds has too much of that good OST

bless exa

anything after the OG series was a mistake!

Nostalgia was a mistake

But GX and 5Ds are actually good shows

And you know that Fate is tsundere for DM and 5Ds

I should've added to it how we have a Servant whose summer outfit is an obvious reference to Jacks Fortune Wheel

5Ds was pretty inspirational so I can see why they like it

Never got into 5Ds honestly. I liked the setting a lot but it just felt kind of boring, especially Yusei. Jack was cool though. And it was definitely the peak of the card game.

I watched all of 5Ds when I was 21 or something and it's still one of my favorite anime. No nostalgia involved. It really is just a good show.

Nuke CGI dragons
Nuke CGI in general
older protagonists
get rid of all ED summoning techniques.
More normal monsters.
Better writers.
Bring back the Egyptian god cards and the millennium items.

But Yusei still had some nice moments even though he was mostly stoic

Especially anytime Accel Synchros were involved

And Shooting Quasar Dragon is probably the most well executed hype summon in the show

Just let it die already.

Travel back in time and stop them from adding the pendulum shit

The game would be healthier if traps were developed to prevent the opposing player from making plays without allowing you to downright win the game by burning/attacking your opponent. The problem with top tier decks nowadays is that they can go first turn ham and lock you from doing everything on the 2nd turn and then attack into you for a third turn win. Given enough time, the opposing player would be able to break through the first turn players' defenses but monster cards don't allow for such slow gameplay.

For example a player could be playing trickstars (arguably the 2nd strongest deck right now) and open with triple Lycoris which will pretty much burn over 8k of your health as soon as your draw phase begins if they combine it with multiple reincarnation or when you search your deck for anything. Or they could just do a simple reincarnation+droll combo to instantly banish your entire hand on the 2nd turn as soon as you draw/search from the deck and then kill you on the third turn. Link summoning was supposed to slow down Yugioh but it has not done so even the slightest. The current meta is even faster than the Wind Up and even Degenerate Dragons meta.

I really hope this is bait and not some nostalgiafaggotry

>CGI
There's nothing too wrong with that

>Egyptian God cards
Why would you want them back though? They've been wanked off enough to and we've had DIVINE-attribute monster again in 5Ds with the Nordic Gods

>more normal monsters
They're still being played in the shows and used by underdogs

>No Extra Deck summons
DM had Fusions so how could you dislike Dark Paladin and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon?

What is up with the hate for the newer mechanics or any show past DM?

I liked 5D's
Some of the best duels I've seen on Yu-Gi-Oh. It also has the best girls inverno any yugioh so sucks for you user

It’s just nostalgiafagging. I am pretty partial to stories revolving around ancient societies/gods though.

What is wrong with the game being too fast though?

It's pretty fun to make a big board and have the deck theme play out how it wants to

If anything the only bad part about YGO are the times when the opponent doesn't let you play YGO at all by using Stun with Lockdowns and constant negations

The only time you would complain about the game not lasting until turn 3 is when your deck is just bad

The fear of change and resistance to adapt instead user

Everytime a new mechanic is introduced you hear the same complaints

But Links actually made everyone miss the old mechanics, since the changes killed a lot of decks because they went BUY LINKS

pendulum summoning and link format are utter cancer that should never have existed, both break the fundamental rules of the game

I think its mostly nostalgia fagotry. The game in the DM era was hardly fun with summoning 1900 beaters all day. GX was better because there was some experimentation with new albeit shitty mechanics and card types going around. Contact fusion was the best thing to come out of GX. 5Ds was when they were starting to nail how to do archetypes although the early duel terminal stuff was nonsensical in how their effects were supposed to interact in some archetypes. I didn't really play ZEXAL era formats but from what I've seen from the archetypes and decks from there, the game started to pick up speed. ARC-V treatment of the game is some of the best in my opinion aside from the turn 1 unbreakable boards towards the end of it and Towers. The pendulum mechanic is also the best one because of how it builds upon other mechanics already introduced and help speed up older decks if you build it right. I remember seeing silly ice barrier lockdowns and a gadget rank4 deck the seemingly never ran out of resources. The link era although interesting because of the link monsters themselves ironically has made the game even faster because of how stupidly powerful some of their effects are just to promote board presence to keep making lunk monsters. Firewall dragons special summon effect not being once per turn is absoluteky retarded and there's so much recursion in some decks it's silly. Even if they're the most generic extra deck mechanic they certainly don't help every deck out there

What's wrong with pendulum?

remove the link and pendulum shit

Well link was made in order to unfuck whatever they did with pendulum and ended doing nothing but being a hassle to mid-low tier decks while tops are still tops (even more now) so yeah cancer.

>destroy card
>doesn't go to graveyard just goes to a different zone and can be summoned for free
also qil towers was fucking unfun to play vs on top of this which made me hate everything about it even more

The Girls are still kind of cute

I'm really wondering why F/GO would throw references to 5Ds out of all shows

But I did enjoy it, especially the first episodes

When playing against Qlis I wasn't too mad about a strong Boss monster with protection since it required 3 tributes

The actual worst part were the 3 Skill Drain and Vanity's Emptiness that they could use with no harm

Anyone that enjoys just sitting on 2 traps and not let the other play should just go play Solitaire

You still need to keep your scales up, setting up scales means you lose w cards from your hand, so assuming you go first you have 3 monsters but an empty hand. I do agree that towers was bullshit though. Even if it wasn't a pendulum card

5Ds era was pretty fun to play though with the end of it being mostly focused on comboing into Quasar with Plant Synchros and Fish Synchros

Until that giant banlist of hitting 11 cards at once, because everyone was still playing Synchros during the early ZeXal era

Also post cute cards

Hope you'll enoy those Rafflesia sleeves user

Kind of disappointed how they censored the Cyber Angels but atleast Alexis.dek works pretty well

is kaz up to anything these days?

Plant Synchros did make a small return in the OCG when they put up Debris Dragon and they just called it Plant Links

Needlefiber and the Aroma Link is really great

Good taste on the Traptrix

>exa ano is here
This is a surprise.
Cardfu posting? Ok!

Haven't heard anything since I don't know his twitter

Last thing he actively worked on was the Manga with Kaiba that's a DSOD precursor

He's probably just watching over Vrains for now

Northwemko user back at it

Summoning quasar in real life can get as hype as the anime

Syncros were a mistake.

SynCROWs were a mistake

S-shit you guys noticed so fast

To be fair, you have to have a really high IQ to understand Synchro.

This but unironically

[Sound of Accel Synchros and constant drawing in the distance]

T.G. Hyper Librarian at 2, enough said

Is he the best protag in the series?

If Yusaku continues being the autist he is maybe he will give him a run for his money

It's going to be 10 years since Crow's introduction. It is goong to be 10 years since Crow became a Signer.

So being autistic makes one a good protagonist?

Well we have Fujiki "never lose" Yusaku in VRAINS so I thought we are getting what we want.

Sounds like a good reason for Crow to return to the spotlight. Maybe give him his own arc in VRAINS

Yes
Since he's pretty much the one with the most entertaining moments

Best Rival would go to Kaiba

But I personally enjoy Jack a lot too

>BUY BLACKWINGS vs BUY TRICKSTARS

Kaiba is on his own league

Also Kaito>Jack

>Has both Plot card and Signature card

Yes he is.

There's always the random reference with the Stardust Road in Vrains to make it happen

It also worries me if we get another BUY BLACKWINGS

Even worse would be BUY SYNCHRONS because of Needlefibers popularity and meta relevance

Konami even showcased an official video on how to summon Quasar with Needlefiber in the LINK VRAINS Pack

we already got another BUY BLACKWINGS with trickstars

Well there are still anons from the Arc-V times. I wonder where are the others like Dennisfag and Arielfag

So it's basically Yusei having the most hype dueling moments and Kaiba with his over the top decisions making them the most based characters

I really want to like Kaito with all of his spear throwing action and HARUTO! but I really dislike how they avoided making him lose

You can really see it with the OP showcasing that Yuma and Kaito would battle in the Sphere Field instead of Yuma and Tron

I guess they changed it because you can't have the MC lose in a tournament and they liked Kaito

I still like both Jack and Kaito but that's just a slight thing that's been bugging me since watching ZeXal while airing

Yu-Gi-Oh is founded on autism.

Arielfag was last thread here

But mostly just waiting on a Gishki Link

But the dub is better.

He should be prepared, because there is a big rumor about Nekroz having a Link, maybe Ariel is the new Link?

In theory that works, until they made a bunch of pendulums that gave you back that card advantage for free.

Oh user you sweet summer child that is unaware

I wish the dub would be good, but it's 4Kids with the fingerguns and sandwiches

And I really like the subbed versions since they show the original thought of the directors

For Yu-Gi-Oh! it's most of the time better to watch it subbed for the best experience

You can watch it dubbed for the nostalgiafactor, but it's heavily cut and changed on some parts

ZeXal II Is vastly superior though.

Arc-v and zexal.had good soundtracks though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MF665TM0XPI
youtube.com/watch?v=P90xGC1H5Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=4bWDvfhALEo
youtube.com/watch?v=9RaztTuTKs8
youtube.com/watch?v=WpXHyaRa__k
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6tgtyQxoc

>CARDGAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!
No. Apart from "Main" Girl's design 5D is try hard trash, and introduced us to the game killing cancer of Synchros.

Pretty much this

Yusei is a really inspiring character

The Dub doesn't have most of these top tier OST though

And GX and 5Ds are missing their last seasons

ZeXal 2 is fun with Vector but it's really hard to sit through ZeXal 1

And 5Ds had a lot better duels during the Ark Cradle Arc compared to late Zexal

>not posting Duel of Rebellion
bitch I'll fight you

You first have to go through Zexal I so it really isn't

>yugioh went downhill after the dark signer arc
the peak was at the dm manga

>Implying it's for nostalgia

They replace the OST during the episodes?

Synchros were fine outside of Dark Strike Fighter, Brio and Trish loops. Xyz was far worse for the game's health after the first xyz archetype was released.

>Cardgames on motorcycles
I would rather say it's only an improvement in making the duels more hyped, you should check it out instead of being so negative towards it

>Tryhard
5Ds had some mature themes and I like how it goes back to being dark like DM and Season 0 was

>Synchros
>Cancer
And mind you Synchros were the exact opposite of "game killing" they made the game more than a MTG clone since Synchros were instantly played in the meta and made the game more diverse and fun

It made Monsters more relevant by their levels and some basic math on cards isn't hard

Nostalgiafaggotry always involves complaining about the mechanics instead of trying them

What if I tould you Blue-Eyes have Synchros and Xyz?

My bad, I just found out sound duel 4 came out so I had to post some of them.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mydjqm2rU1E
youtube.com/watch?v=0FTE-LoUdHI
Arc-v's OST really was fucking good, too nad it had to end like that.
Also why is enjoy Chojiros theme not in sound duel 4?

good soundtracks didnt save ARC-V

that said I do agree that VRAINS is meh music-wise

for a second there i wondered what kallen was doing with that yugioh faggot
>after 5Ds
it started to go downhill with gx and went to shit after it ended both the cardgame and the anime

Yes.

The card game was never good.

True, but the mechanic still has to be viable for people to play it. Besides pendulum strategies get destroyed by anti spell fragrance, dark law,striking the pendulum summon etc. They're annoying to deal with sure, but they are not unbeatable

just cause it's not good doesn't mean it can't get worse

Pretty much this

I'm glad that we atleast got Sound Duel 4 after all this time

I actually liked Cardians so that sucks

I never knew anyone could call the cardgame jesus a faggot

I hope you're atleast nice for R3

It never got worse though, just different flavors of terrible.

>good soundtracks didnt save ARC-V
It had so much going on for it had the setup the characters the music.
Even in the sea of trash that was the latter part of arc-V there were some good moments like this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=sGgTkGcxWrE
Was there some hardcore executive meddling/production issues that fucked with the story?
Are scenes like that what Arc-V could have been if it wasn't for that?

R-Rude

REROUCH

You all just need to realize that basic Spell/Trap destruction pulls pendulums over the table

And Anti-Spell Fragrance of course

why would a Ritual deck have a Link? they literally don't need it

Is amusing to see how in the name of the hell they ruined a show whose only flaw was the MC.