Why was Gohan so mad about some dude he barely even knew?

Why was Gohan so mad about some dude he barely even knew?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oVOnm9tNcCM
youtube.com/watch?v=IWczVi0J85g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because birds, dude.

>just...let it go
He got Gohan to lose control and get to the next level.

I don't know either to be honest, I'm guessing its because he let him die when he was supposed to protect everybody.

Dude had a sick mohawk, yo.

>school shooter kills a bro chad in front of you

16 was just some robot that loved life, and all the 'Z fighters are a bunch of combat meatheads who treat dying as no big deal, so his words got through to him

16 only died because Gohan was a failure. At some point after his speech, Gohan must have become really angry and ashamed at himself. He let his dad die, he let 16 die and he sat there while everyone else was getting destroyed by Cell Jnrs. It's a pretty common theme in Gohans character he's really cocky, but a complete jobber and often messes up.

You can see how much it annoys people in the universe. Goku has expressed shame at Gohan, and Vegeta once got so angry at his performance that it allowed babidi to turn him into Majin Vegeta.

Maybe because he was a good person?

jobbers never change
Gohan was more mad about himself being a pussy and watching him die.

I can't imagine the exasperation the Z fighters must feel every time he messes up. They expect so much from him and they do everything they can to protect him. And he just screws up.

youtu.be/oVOnm9tNcCM

Gohan's powerlevel was increasing when Cell Juniors were wrecking his friends, Cell comments on it, 16 getting destroyed was just the final straw.
Also because the scene was stronger this way - you have impact - 16's head getting crushed - followed by impact - Gohan exploding.

I bet you only watched this scene in the dubbed version which didn't make any sense at all, on the other hand the sub version the reason for him to go SSJ2 made more sense.

16 is super dead. He was a machine. No soul to revive.

I did like the original dub where Cell really rubbed it in after killing 16 by saying "Another fighter... you could have saved."

Let's see Gohans usual company
>Goku - Father who spends his time being dead or fighting to the death
>Piccolo - Step father who kidnapped him and "trained" him against his will
>Krillin - The class clown, rarely serious
>Vegeta - Tried to kill everyone on earth, still a bit of a dick
>Yamcha - Pussy whipped guy, usually there to cheer the gang on and die first
>Tien - Mean triclops, too serious about everything
>Chaozu - Tien's sidekick, rarely there when shit goes down
Maybe the android was the first person who saw Gohan as what he was, a gentle soul not made for the battlefield, Gohan was raised to be a scholar by his mother and never had the thirst for battle Vegeta and Goku had as true blooded saiyans
Yet he was still thrusted into battle by his dibshit father and stepfather who expected him to grow out of it and start loving fighting like they did, none of the Z fighters were particularly concerned with wildlife, only earth as a whole
Goku thought he could awaken Gohans saiyan blood by putting him in danger constantly, android told Gohan it's cool to kill people if they're murderous dicks who deserve to die

In conclusion, the android bonded with Gohan more than the Z fighters combined in the short time they spent together

Made me cry

He wasn't. What got Gohan mad was the beatings Cell Jr are unleashing on his father and friends.

Mohawk Schwarzenegger was simply giving him the final push to go apeshit.

>Yamcha - Pussy whipped guy, usually there to cheer the gang on and die first
>Tien - Mean triclops, too serious about everything
>Chaozu - Tien's sidekick, rarely there when shit goes down

How much did Gohan ever really interact with these guys? I remember them being shocked he had a kid so I guess he never met any of them until Radditz came along. Even then he spent most of time training with Piccolo until Nappa and Vegeta came. Then Tien, Yamcha and Chaozu died until the end of the Namek Saga. Then he saw them for maybe a day while Trunks was around and then not again for the entire timeskip. I don't even think he interacted with them much at the lookout from memory. It's pretty fair to say they were just acquaintances.

Gohan isn't shown having a close relationship with anyone but Piccolo and Krillin and his mother until he meets Videl.

Gohan was at least shown to visit bulma and vegetas house to play with trunks, and he kinda did raise his younger brother goten with his mom, tien and yamcha and all the other z fighters were talking alot about him when they attacked cell to help gohan

>Gohan was at least shown to visit bulma and vegetas house to play with trunks, and he kinda did raise his younger brother goten with his mom

Yeah I forgot to mention Goten. Of course they had a close relationship. They lived together before Gohan went to highschool.

>tien and yamcha and all the other z fighters were talking alot about him when they attacked cell to help gohan

But how much did they even really know him? I guess maybe they spent time together offscreen but that's only speculation. I know in one of the movies, Krillin, Oolong and Puar went camping with Gohan but that's not exactly canon. For most of his life it seems like Piccolo and Krillin were his only friends, but Krillin was at least as old as his dad and Piccolo might have been closer to Gohans age but he certainly wasn't a child. He did have that dragon, Icarus as a friend too but it wasn't human. I guess he must have lived a pretty lonely life really.

I mean, gohan was shown to be socially awkward in high school, powers or not, and i think regardless if he hung with tien etc, they wouldn't have really helped since they're all probably all weirdos themselves, and even older than his dad.

because he was going to kill Goku, and he liked birds.

I'm actually kinda surprised Gohan doesn't have significant mental issues now that I think about it.

You would think all of his experiences as a kid would have really fucked him up but because it's a dumb action show they never really address it. Which is fine, maybe saiyans are just better with coping with shit like that.

Well just his relationship with his constantly absent or dying father. All the villians he fought and all his "friends" dying, and then coming back to life, and dying again. The beatings, the other planets. The domineering mother. The abusive but kind namek meat shield. Being constantly forced to fight when he doesn't want to, and never being able to meet anyones expectations when he does fight. It's surprising he isn't a complete wreck with depression and PTSD at the very least. I guess sensu beans heal "emotional damage" as well.

he literally fucking explains it to the audience with an internal monologue 5 seconds after he dies, you dumb fuck

I seriously don't think VEGETA is any position to judge anyone. Especially in the Cell saga. And the Buu saga. And sure as fuck the Sayin saga.

Seriously FUCK Vegeta.

Well yeah. But I can understand his frustration.

He's not allowed to be frustrated after the shit he pulled. The only reason Cell got as bad as it does was because of him. Majin Buu would be a non threat if not for him. He and his shitty sayin Freeza bootlicking toadie shit monkey barbarian race pride can shut up and go straight to HFIL. Vegeta as an adult was a bigger bitch than Gohan was as a literal baby.

That's true. But this thread isn't about Vegeta, there isn't really much that can be said for his character until he fought Majin Buu and his monologue speech about Goku when he was fighting Kid Buu. He didn't really become a redeemable character until the BoG and Future Trunks arcs of Super.

He was venting his frustration here but after Gohan fought cell, he should have been the most powerful but he hadn't trained at all. And either Vegeta or Goku could have crushed Dabura. So while he is an asshole, I think he does have a point.

Why didn't Gohan go super saiyan when Piccolo died in the saiyan saga?

Same reason Goku hadn't gone Super Saiyan when Krillin died when they were kids, because Toriyama hadn't come up with it yet

you need to have a high enough s cell count and be strong enough :^)

If one of you anons were to die I would be sad and mad too

He was the heaven slaying prince of the saiyans. Sent to tie up the loose ends that the Gods left lying around as if untouchable. Were it not for him, the chagrin of the saiyan race would've died along with the rest of life upons buus resurecction which was hapenning no matter what.

He wanted to kill Goku.

Not to mention his dad choosing to leave him with his pregnant mother. I don't care how noble his intentions were, that shit should have stuck with Gohan for years.

Well I guess we have his future counterpart for that. It was really sad to hear Trunks says how he never smiled like present day Gohan. Future Trunks was a huge wreck himself that arc.

Yeah it's surprising that Gohan isn't like that himself. I guess Videl and living in relative peace changed a lot for him. Future Trunks is much more what you'd expect Gohan to be like. But Trunks had it tougher because when he finally met his father he treated him like shit for the most part. And he had to watch his mother get killed by someone wearing her best friends face. Gohan didn't seem especially concerned about Chichi and the rest suffering a similar fate vs buu. Probably because the dragon balls solve all his problems.

>Probably because the dragon balls solve all his problems.
And Goku coming to save the day. I kind of wished they went more into the original timeline where Goku, Chichi and Goten get BLACKED to see how Gohan would have reacted. Watching a handicapped Goku in Zamasu's body eventually surpassing the GoDs would've been interesting as well. This is assuming Black quickly jumped timelines in order not to get caught by Beerus or anyone capable of killing him, and everyone using the dragon balls to resurrect the Son family.

I'd honestly be ok with them following the timeline where Goku died of a heart attack. Can you imagine seeing that play out in the anime? It would be like Berserk or something. I guess Bancai Namco would never let that happen though.

>I'd honestly be ok with them following the timeline where Goku died of a heart attack
Unless I'm missing something here, wouldn't that be Future Trunks' timeline? Unless you mean following his timeline and introducing more antagonists from there, then yeah that would've been interesting. I know Hackiyama hates dark plots but something with less levity than what Super is would be welcomed.

Vegeta was the only one who helped him during the beam struggle with Cell. Yamcha and the other did jack shit.

>And either Vegeta or Goku could have crushed Dabura.

He could of crushed Cell too but he decided to fuck around.

16 told him to quit being a little bitch so that's what Gohan did.

How did Goku figure out SS2 and SS3 while in heaven? What triggered his transformations?

he was already mad. 16 just convinced him to stop restraining his bloodlust

tingles

It was a really good speech

He figured out SS2 obviously by witnessing Gohan transformation. Since he already know Saiyan can broke through the SS1 wall, SS2 and SS3 are easy enough to be imagined. My headcannon would like to imagine that there's only SS1, while other SS transformation further down the line are just them pushing their body and Ki through training, and SS2 and 3 occurs unnaturally. While they are powerful, they also burns through Ki more faster. I'd prefer if Goku actually focus on technique and skills, rather than achieving more transformation. He had already perfected the SS1 back then in Cell arc.

Because shit writing.

A Dragon Ball spin off where they follow Future Trunks' timeline would be awesome

He didn't let his dad die yet retard
How nobody corrected you yet baffles me
This is the state of Dragon Ball fans

He did. He could have totally prevented that but he fucking didn't. His Dad had the ultimate belief he was the best fighter for the job. But he still needed 16 to die and all the others to sacrifice before he did it. And then it was for FUCKING NOTHING because that faggot chose to not train and disappoint everyone? Were you not a Z fag during that time? Fuck me it was the saddest shit. Gohan achieved his ultimate jobber status during that time.

Goku died after Gohan transformed, dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWczVi0J85g

Gohan tends to get fucked over by writing.
>dominates Cell
>Cell suddenly revealed to have an ability to explode the earth and there's nothing you can do
>dominates Buu
>Buu suddenly revealed to have an ability to absorb others and power himself up

This never happened to Goku and Vegeta does this to himself on purpose.

Goku dying probably should have been what triggered it, if the arc had been written better. Kondo had already left as editor though, so that was the beginning of the slow spiral down.

Gohan and Cell have a more even fight, Gohan performs an attack that somehow gets around the power gap and nearly kills Cell, but he reforms, very angry and now attacking indiscriminately. Gohan caves, there's the scene of everyone convincing Goku that Gohan doesn't have the ferocity to do what Goku falsely projected onto him. Everyone ends up fighting Cell, and in the middle of it, Goku tries to save someone, and ends up getting killed in the process. This triggers SSJ2, Gohan calls off everyone else, fights Cell evenly and ultimately wins.

Pretty good, although there's no way Cell could have an even fight with SSJ2 Gohan. He's completely outclassed.

Toriyama is a hack. He's a gag writer at heart. DBZ had shit writing. Super has shit writing but it's better than Z.

The most annoying thing is, prior to this scene Gohan was never a pussy that would straight up refuse to fight like that. He rushed in to fight Vegeta, he jumped on Frieza to save Piccolo despite the massive powerlevel gap.
And here, despite finally being above Goku he goes "nah, I'm a pacifist now".

Shut up retard.

Not if you write him as not being outclassed. That's how that works.

Probably should have been written more as a difference between fighting to protect and fighting from a desire to win, or even kill.

You're a fucking retard with zero reading comprehension. Delete your post in shame.

So you want me to say, if you see a nice guy being executed on the street you just say "meh I didn't even know him" and you walk away?

What choice would you have but to power up in this situation?

damn that animation is terrible

I don't think any of the Z-Fighters are that ashamed of him because he was picking fights with dudes they couldn't handle since he was four. Unlike the others, he's not bound by an Oath to Kami to defend the earth. If he no longer shows up to fight, it's his choice.

You mispelled Gon