Kino no Tabi

Now that the dust has finally settled, what are your final thoughts on the 2017 adaption of Kino no Tabi?
Also which episode was your favorite?

It's shit, just like the first season.

Care to explain why you think that?

It was good

Disappointing.
The first one was good.

Oh wow it’s very Sup Forums in here

It was just like the first season but with improved design. But as always nostalgiafags won't let the past go.

That's all the thoughts the typical Sup Forumsnon can muster.

Cringeworthy. Directed by a literal who on a non-budget. The designs are decent, but they managed to ruin even those with constant QUALITY issues.
Let's please forget this ever existed.

i liked it but i prefer the first season to this one. some episodes did not need to exist beacuse the first season did just a fine job doing them and felt unnecessary.

the other episodes went from meh to great.

It was alright. Pacing was pretty bad at times but I enjoyed it for the most part. I liked cute Kino a lot too.

I watched the first one for the first time literally the day before I watched the first episode of the new one.
The new one is undoubtedly much worse than the old one.

It wa a mistake.
The healthy parent-child relations episode.

Even disregarding quality issues, the old one picked more interesting stoies.

Never watched the first season, but I did enjoy this season. She's cute

Pure garbage in every aspect.

But the last episode with the killer sheep was so surreal and wat that I couldn't stop laughing. Especially because they honestly played it straight. The use of human voices for the bleating was also hilarious. Yes, anime hasn't heard of soud libraries and such so animals are always imitated by a VA, but in this case it just added to the batshit insanity of the episode.

In terms of unintentional comedy the last ep is so terrible it became good again. But this is to Kino what Berserk 16/17 is to Berserk.

>"You want dlama and comfy? Too bad! Here sheep! Fuck you!"

What's your favorite sheep?
Mine are the ones that literally disappear onto the front of the car.

>now that the dust has settled
Really brings to light just how devoid of any quality this adaptation was. My first thought when I read this was, there was no dust that needed to settle because there was no dust kicked up by Kino and Hermes in a lot of their riding scenes. It was a CGI piece of shit floating across an oversaturated poor excuse of a landscape 99% of the time. Little details like that are just the tip of the iceberg for how shitty this whole show was. It ranged from just mediocre to laughably poorly directed all the way through.

2017 Kino is inferior to the old Kino in just about every way. And no, this is not my nostalgia speaking - I'm a filthy secondary who only picked up old Kino few days ago, after the season was over.
Three men on the rails, Cannibals, and Mechanical Dolls episodes were so good, I can't think of a single 2017 Kino episode that comes even close.

How can you call it bad when it had this?

I enjoyed it.
Photo a cute.