ITT: We pretend it's 2017

Your Name is the best anime movie of all times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezSdQ63phFw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_syllogism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

O

Said nobody ever.

Every year.

haha girl(male) get it?

TTGL is one of my favorite retro animes

Asuka>Rei

It was okay but I feel like it was greatly overrated by people who hadn't seen Shinkai's movies before.

Best non-ghibli movie in a long ass time
also changed the landscape and expectations for feature films

Garden of words was better, but Shinkai's movies aren't even in the ballpark of GOAT discussions. And I'm not gonna start the flame war regarding those who are part of the discussion.

I'd say it's his third or fourth best movie with Garden of Words and Five Centre Meters Per Second above it.

You might wanna watch this and maybe change your mind. youtube.com/watch?v=ezSdQ63phFw

Shinkai adaptation of Punpun when? I feel like he could get the characterization down pretty well but not sure about the quirkiness.

>1:21:19
No one is gonna watch this

To make it short, basically Makoto Shinkai is overrated but still is improving of his works.

>2017
I can't even remember last year, lot alone 40 years ago.

MY

inb4 neo Sup Forums flaming you for "shilling e-celebs" as if being a youtube persona and putting good content (even occasionally) is are mutually exclusive.

>watching videos at regular speed
>not playing a scripted video in the background while multitasking
speak for yourself pleb, some of us can prepare for exam and watch netflix at the same time.

>neo Sup Forums flaming
>exam and watch netflix
You need to be 18+ to be on Sup Forums, dear "oldfag"

killyourself

great, my fucking keyboard didn't input the s button for 'exams' and now my attempt at showing off my multitasking abilities looks like a slav. especially with that idiotic "is are" above. I really need to sleep.

anyways summed it up perfectly.

Kill yourself.

>putting good content
An hour and half for . He should just tweet it to make it easier.

I can't wait for the era of armchair youtube 'film experts' declaring everything shit to end.

>assuming exams are for highschoolers only.
oh, my poor NEET, don't let your inferiority complex get the best of you when speaking to us educated folk. Even us STEM graduates watch anime, just like you do! Well, except for watching it on a 75" OLED in my own apartment, rather than on a 13" laptop in mom's basement.

You post like a gigantic faggot.

You truly showed me. Congrats, you just won your first argument on the Internet. Keep it up.

You forgot this pic

Based

This will be Sup Forums's #1 AOTY of 2017 & Fulfills all the greatness from the OVA. Mark My Words

Botan will lose, don't let the author fool you!

I'm glad we all agree Flip Flappers was AOTY 2016

Bones saved battle anime again with Mob Psycho 100. I can't wait to see what battle sakuga we'll get this year.

>blogging
>shilling e-celeb
see you in 3 days

>MAPPA A team
>24 episodes
>fem MC
Holy shit, just give it the AOTY already

ITT: We pretend it’s 2016

ITT: We pretend it's 2015

Keit Ai

you can't be so certain he meant specifically that this video is good content.
especially when he made a general assumption regarding youtube generally.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_syllogism

also, you can try to summarize a lot of things in a single sentence,
but it doesn't mean the entire thing is deemed irrelevant afterwards.
are you one of those poor souls who still believe spoilers ruin movies?

Hestia a bestia

>still believe spoilers ruin movies
I don't give a shit about spoilers these days.

What's the difference then? you have a video that's about as long as a kids' film.
you have one sentence that shows you the main idea it presents.
why does this make the entire video irrelevant to you, when the exact same thing, being a spoiler for a movie, doesn't bother you?

sugei

You have to go back Digi.

ggwp

In a sense I do believe that Shinkai is improving although he is a hack. So it is better for me to watch my backlog than hearing a lecture to satisfy my validation.

I'm not that user, but for me it's because movies have a lot of things goring for it, the music, cinematography, characters, setting etc. You don't really watch the movie just for the moral of the story or the point to point plot progression, whereas an essay is literally just "here's my point, and here are my arguments to support my point", so if you already agree with the point, watching the video makes no sense, especially when it's longer than just watching the things it's talking about yourself (you can literally watch all of Makoto's shorts, Hoshi no Koe and 5cm/Garden of Words and come to the same conclusion before the video is over).

RUBBER

LWA TV is AOTY though.

NEN

Hm, that's something I can agree with... mostly. Not relate, because my curiosity always gets the best of me. In this case specifically I don't think I really got anything more than 40 minutes (watching youtubers on less than 2x is impossible for me, except for Pause and Select who makes me drop to 1.5) that can be summed up with said sentece. Still, I'm not the type to apply inductive reasoning so I'm not convinced entirely.

I'm not gonna advertise them here, Hell, I make money off creating marketing campaigns and designing ads, so they can pay me if they want. But there are better examples of video essays that do offer some added value. I'm not just talking about anime related ones, of course. same with podcasts, or documentaries - you can sum up the main idea in a sentence, but you can still get something out of watching (or listening) to it.

Personally, I'm a senior undergrad for Physics, and I know there are many courses that I could skip entirely and just memorize the formula sheet. But it's not all about the end result, and I find the train of thought that led to such results just as interesting as the results themselves, equations, theories and arguments alike. But I may be too curious for my own good. Anyways I'm sorry if this came out incoherent, as I've been awake for about 4 days straight, so it's really starting to show.

No way they can fuck it up right?