Best Anime of 2004?

What do you think was the best anime released in 2004?

strawpoll.me/14747031

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfg8ix5t7-roJZTWVcO0UCRVJ52beNYk4VpV2pJaIBte3gO2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've seen almost nothing from this year, only Nanoha and Genshiken and a few movies, and I don't really like Nanoha nor Genshiken. It's hard for me to vote in this. Wait, and a few episodes of School Rumble.
Still. What to vote for... I hate Nanoha but will probably still have to go with that just because I've seen so little.

Polls mean nothing and actual deters from having an actual discussion

Samura Champloo without a doubt.

Gankutsuou.

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

It wasn't a very good year. You left off SAC 2nd Gig, so I'd give it to Fantastic Children or Gankutsuou.
Mai Hime was a guilty pleasure. Kannazuki no Miko was an even guiltier trainwreck pleasure.
Origa music was the saving grace for the year.

>You left off SAC 2nd Gig
Second seasons don't count. It already won 2002.

Direct sequels were left out of the other polls too.
The lack of The Place Promised in Our Early Days may be a flaw with the poll though

My favorite part about this thread is that everyone is going to be using the same anime database to find the answer, the exact same database that everyone on this board shits on constantly and makes fun of other users for using. Pathetic.

Everyone uses my brain to figure out which anime they like? That's kind of spooky.

The polls might be based on MAL but I doubt people are going to go and vote for whatever has the highest score there rather than what they think is the best or enjoyed most.

Cromartie High School was still airing but I guess it doesn't count because it started in 2003.

Would be between Elfen Lied and Gankutsuou then.

Was Appleseed any good? I remember considering it back when it was airing, but I never got around to it and it quickly sunk down to the bottom of my backlog.

My vote would have went to Gits but since you left it out I give it to Precure.

Second seasons don't count.

Yeah I saw that, I just wanted to point out it was my personal AOTY.
I only watched the second movie and it was garbage.

Why isn't Tweeny Witches on the list?

If you have a better suggestion for a poll site, be my guest. Strawpoll has a maximum of 30 options.

Oh so it's just a popularity contest. Not trying to discuss anime but just meaninglessly praising them by categorizing them in non-descriptors. EVERYONES A WINNER!

Cry more.

They are in their right to be offended that their favourite anime isn't included on the list. It seems to be a pretty big omission too, that anime is on respeced recommendation charts.

>Champloo
>Bleach
>dolljoints not in first place.

I hate you stupid fags so much.

Oh no I don't care. I don't care about popularity contests to begin with. I'm sorry you feel so insecure that you need this in order to feel secure about your tastes.

I realize that's the standard distinction, but it's still sort of an odd form of splitting hairs from my perspective. Not that they're worthy of emulation, but the 2ch list posted this week makes more sense to me.
Does the format matter? For example, a televised Made in Abyss S2 would be ineligible for "Best Anime Released in XXXX", but if it were in OVA or movie form, would it be ineligible then as well because it was a direct sequel?

I'm the one who asked about Tweeny Witches and I'm not offended. This other dude( ) seems to have taken it more seriously. I just decided to refrain from voting and leave it at that.

Or maybe he just does it for the fun and he doesn't care about a random butthurt user.

If I took it seriously I would be voting. I'm telling you I don't care.

We both know you care about this a lot.

All direct sequels are disallowed. There actually was done a poll for 1997 as well, but End of Evangelion was accidentally included which screwed up the results, and as a result that poll has been kept secret and hidden ever since.

Samurai Champloo

Cry more.

gonna go with Monster
2nd place Gankutsuou

I'm not crying. I don't care.

>no Diebuster
>no Tetsujin
Shit poll

Yet you keep bitching like the whiny little crybaby you are.
Not my fault you're taking this seriously.

I'm responding to you as dry as can be.

Diebuster is trash.

The fact that you're even saying this only further proves what a crybaby you are. If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have made multiple posts crying about a popularity poll on Sup Forums.

Your're trash

I know that's not true. It's just projecting.

>Best Anime of 2004

/thread

2004 was not too bad actually

I think only the first episode of Diebuster released in 2004, so it wouldn't make much sense to give it the AOTY title.

There are like 5 series in there I would count among my all-time favourites, didn't remember 2004 was so good. But then again it was one of the first years I watched with fansubbed anime, so nostalgia might play a role.

Anime are usually counted as the year they began. And you can't exactly count them as any other year either.

Not a great year, but Paranoia Agent, obviously.

Why?

Even if it's what is done 'usually', it still doesn't make sense to count Diebuster as a 2004 when a single episode aired in that year. It's better to just ignore it or to count it as a 2005 anime as it's the year when most of it aired.

It's better to simply have one rule instead of making exceptions. What about OVAs that only got one episode a year for years?
I we are talking about the experience of living in a specific year it may make sense to consider ongoing anime, but in abstract discussions where we simply measure years against each other like this, anime should be counted as airing when they began.

Because based Satoshi Kon.

Paranoia Agent even if the ending was shit.

New Mai Hime series when?

And here I thought it would stay blank forever.

Also, 2017: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfg8ix5t7-roJZTWVcO0UCRVJ52beNYk4VpV2pJaIBte3gO2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

It's not making an exception, it's using a different rule.

>nanoha
>5 votes
>champloo adult swim trash
>25

There are always going to be anime forgotten/missed in large polls like this. It's only a big issue if it's a potential top 5er, which Diebuster isn't.

Why the fuck is Samurai Champloo winning?

>Mai Hime
>2 votes

Makes you think about the state of Sup Forums

2004 really was the best year for anime.

Shonenfags, DBSfags

Toonamifags

Re: Cutie honey, Genshiken or School Rumble.
Going with School Rumble.

2018 might become the 2004

2004 was the highest point for Yuri

New getter robo, years before ttgl

No it wasn't.

Garbage thread from an underage.

Keep crying.

Nanoha is awful. I only voted for it because I didn't have much choice.

K-On

>Rozen Maiden
>5%

...that wasn't the image I posted...

Die teen.

This.

Fucking great year.

1998, 2002, 2008, 2010 and 2011 were top years.

I don't particularly like Samurai Champloo but I would still pick it over Nanoha or Rozen Maiden. Both are average shows that people only cling onto out of nostalgia from their teens.
Elfen Lied is maximum shit taste though.

2004 was a top year too

Mai Hime made a lot of people fucking rage over the ending

Are you retarded?

>Hasn't seen Monster
I hope you've at least read it.

It's better to abstain than to vote for something you don't like.

>Mai Hime made a lot of people fucking rage over the ending

Was it bigger than Code Geass

if you didn't vote Howl's Moving Castle then you voted wrong and i won't sanction that sort of buffoonery

>Was it bigger than Code Geass

Yes it was user

>NieA_7: 1 vote
How heartwarming

>Monster is higher than Bleach
All is right with the world

>no Tetsujin 28

Is Mai Hime better than Mai Otome

What's the consensus?