Why is a show so boring ranked so high everywhere?

Why is a show so boring ranked so high everywhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/01/01-1/crunchyroll-favorites-2017-anime-and-manga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>board that liked:
>Haruhi
>K-On
>shooting stars
>nichigo
>that other boring SOL show
>Turns out they also like another boring SOL show

I for one am shocked! Shocked!

I'm not talking Sup Forums, no one here really talks about it anymore, but in the japanese rankings it's always in the top spots

Easily manipulated 15 year old girls that whose exposure mainly comes from Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, Yaoi on Ice and gay swimming have latched on to the latest female show. They just need easily manipulative tricks in their anime and are contend. It's okay to dislike something that's popular user. Welcome to the club.

hype culture is a thing

>shooting stars
? You can't just list a bunch of shows like that and pretend they're anything alike. Shit bait

It's weird for me too since I find the top shows every season pretty good. Maybe I'm just not the target audience for this one

>Hi, there, I'm a mansplaining misogynist who thinks his taste in Japanese cartoons is somehow superior to teenage girls.

I haven't read the manga but I do know that the anime just has a terrible director. For me that's a dealbreaker. And there's nothing wrong with liking girly stuff it's just probably the reason why you don't like it.

Who are you quoting?

>good shows are good, more news at 11
who says you have to like EVERY show that everyone else does? it dabbled in the telling of magic and used some decent lore behind it. Also had a cute redhead

>who says you have to like EVERY show that everyone else does
Tell me.

Because you have shit taste

its almost as if you are not the target audience

But my taste is superior to teenage girls. Years of exposure will do that to you.

NO!

Made in Abyss is in the top 20 of MAL.

>crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/01/01-1/crunchyroll-favorites-2017-anime-and-manga
It got btfo by anime strike shows, Gems and Abyss even with the Crunchyroll staff

But user, you were the teenage girl all along!

years of exposure makes you bitter and picky. New kids always try a taste of everything and because 1 bad experience you tend to avoid something all together and keep eating at the same places all the time without venturing outside of your comfort zone

Young, vulnerable wizard student with old, weird immortal mentors, magic wand, magical creatures and dragons. Recipe for popularity in like the last 2 decades. Any other questions?

Thankfully I'm not. Imagine no one taking you seriously because you're a girl.

Feel free to discredit any of my actual criticisms of the show instead of projecting your 1 year of psyed onto me. There's also literally nothing wrong with being picky.

This show was good and OP is a homo

Female population like it because of >ancient >strong >mysterious >rich >tall >handsome guy enslaving a tiny woman.

Its hits all the female ques.

because everyone is scared they'd be called brainlets for calling out how boring this hypefest is

Pretty much the Japanese beauty and the beast. Girls are going to lap this up.

>Feel free to discredit any of my actual criticisms
more people like the show than hate it hence its good. Im not the user your replied to. I started with your stupid "But my taste is superior to teenage girls. Years of exposure will do that to you." comment

'enslaving'
Here, I fixed it for you.

Millions of flies. This is why this place sucks. You're underage that's why you use logical fallacies unironically. Come back once you have an actual argument. And you did nothing but namecall once again. Very intelligent. Really feeling your gender.

>Easily manipulated 15 year old girls that whose exposure mainly comes from Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, Yaoi on Ice and gay swimming have latched on to the latest female show. They just need easily manipulative tricks in their anime and are contend.
Perfectly summed up.

Also, it should be considered that women care more about social recognition, popularity, etc. and are therefore more likely to rate their favourite shows highly on a variety of platforms whereas men generally don't give a shit.

Nice bait.

There's also the part where the guy goes berserk and is stopped by the girl's affection. I liked the show but noticing these tropes to appeal to teenage girls annoyed me.

very beauty and the beast saves her from slavery sort of deal but Chise is super cute so I iike the anime plus actual magic gets my dice off

Just by the first episode anyone can easily see how pandering this show is.

Along to
I'd add
>girl with zero personality for easy projection
>is saved from her boring mundane life by mysterious magician
>now lives in a magical land surrounded by magical beings
>because she is secretly a unique and powerful being
>powerful beings will fight for her
>does almost nothing each episode but still saves the day
Never read Twilight, but from all I've heard, this show seems the closest thing to it.

waddle back to tumblr fattie

>rich

Kind of like Sailor Moon

Except girls hates this show but don't let that bother your "argument"

wtf are you talking about? Sup Forums is shounenshit general now.

>boring mundane life
she was a suicidal nutjob that saw demons everywhere

In the anime you only get a glimpse of that. The show would have been much better if they actually focused on the nutjob part.

>wtf

You sure showed 'em.

>suicidal nutjob
You mean she was a first-world problems spoiled brat that only pretended to kill herself for attention right? Did your boyfriend break up with you? poor thing.

>would have been much better in my edgy opinion
ftfy

>a first-world problems spoiled brat
when exactly did your dad leave with your sibling and your mom kill herself shortly after?

mfw

Now try writing that in English. Here's an adult male humoring you despite being an underage girl.

I hope that Dorohedoro is not fucked now that runs on a Shonen magazine.

>cant attack my argument so you try to insult me
all your asshurt isnt gonna change the fact the series did good. simple observation of mine

I'm not insulting you. I'm instructing you. Instructions you've yet been unable to follow.

It's about to end anyway... or at least that's what they said 2 years ago...

Well, to be fair you insulted him first to begin with.

Funnily this is the same exact point that made western "reviewers" hate it from the screenshots that got post in a few of the threads.

He asked when your father left you followed by your mother killing herself, you ESL retard. He even implied you think it's a first world problem

God forbid she had a personality. In the anime she has zero personality.

>he
The level of discussion itt is below me.

>He even implied you think it's a first world problem

>Triggered

Remember to report. Don't be lazy.

Please Underage-kun and Manly-chan keep with your discussion. I wanna see where it goes.

passive-aggression and pretending to be a third-party are both tell-tale female traits

That applies for both men and women. Human beings have evolved to be social, therefore using social tool to undermine your opponent in a debate has actually been used more often by men than women.

Have yet to meet adult men that pretend to be a third-party with petty passive-aggression to be honest. Yet it seems to be one of the only strategies female posters use without missing a beat

You know how much he paid for her?

Western "reviewers" have to deal with SJW bullshit and suppress their desires even in fiction. Its sad really. Japanese women are free to fantasize what they want.

Mostly people Harry potter fans

>not the ovas

you dungoofed

Watched it because master slave relationships get my pee pee hard but he doesn't even treat her like a slave so I dropped it

Because it is shoujo. Every shoujo is boring and full of drama.

This barely has any drama.

The manga turned to shit in the latest chapters. Chise always putting herself in danger and Elias is the one that needs to wade through excrement to save her ass. If I was him I would've cut my losses.

I don't know but spics love it to death.

I don't get all the hate this show gets.
Its not a masterpiece, but its well made and the soundtrack is legit good.
I think its comfy af. Will watch S2.

>166546354
Im a spic, so theres that too I guess.