netflix.com/ru/title/80182123
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Netflix original
>Kyoto Animation
>Changing anything

>original

That's how they're advertising it

will end like mahoutsukai.

advertised as the show that will change everything but ends up as just a good show...
at least it will be the best looking show thats for sure

>trusting Netflix

>Violet Evergarden won't be half as good as Land of the Lustrous
Kvin, sakugabooru

Of course it will.

So?

I just want my violet doujins

I am fan of novel and very excited for anime, i dont see how it can "change" anything though.

Its just a good story and superb anime production. It merely can set new standards for quality of TV Anime, but those are irrelevant since no one can match KyoAni standards anyway (not even KyoAni itself, since last time they did it was years ago with Hyouka)

It is however relevant Change for KyoAni itself, since unlike virtually everything they adapted in last decade, its a SERIOUS story, with very strong imotional impacts, scenes of graphic violence and cruelty and war.

They did not do anything of that kind since TSR. KnK had potential and some of the darker elements, but they toned it down very much for TV as opposed to novel (though partially returned to the darker tone in movies).

So it`ll not change Anime, but will open door for KyoAni to do more kinds of serious, graphic and "unsafe" shows as opposed to being litterally Disney of anime.

What i can praise KyoAni for is not spoiling much in trailers and promotion. Majority of people just know that it will be beutiful looking anime with female MC, but no real clue about the content of it - mostly speculating and in 100% cases wrong if they did not read the novel. Though them rearranging novel order to bring much of Violet`s back story to first three episodes is understandable, but worrying - since novel does good job revealing Violet`s past and mystery bit by bit mixing events of current and past, while "chronological" order might be a bit too straightforward and casts a question how they will handle the parts of novel where reader is NOT supposed to know things and only discover them and context later.

Honestly desu, Netflix is the superior streaming platform solely because of the skip intro button.

>kyoani
>change anything

This isn't shaft or gainax we're talking about.

>shaft
>change
Just about every other studio is more creative. Nothing in Shinbo repartoir changed since Soul Taker, anything new in Shaft was brought by other people that meanwhile left and this season it makes a commercial for PSP game using direction and visual style of own show from 10 years ago.

Nice joke

they brought about an era of sameface prosperity

Shaft has one of the biggest catalogues in terms of diversity, the only other studios that match or beat it is madhouse and gainax. Kyoani makes the same show over and over again.

I'll let you know when it shows up on Nyaa.

Yeah, no.

If you actually think that this anime will bring anything new to the table you have autism

Probably not.

>biggest catalogues in terms of diversity
>having 50 iterations of Monogatari is having diversity

>no more disgusting clannad eyes
fucking good

>I am fan of novel
Don't act like you read that shit before there was an anime

It'll bomb so hard, everyone will be talking about devilman, not this turd

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I haven't seen anyone paste the entire pasta in years god damn

No, but it will make this board complete cancer for the next 3 months.

I did. The novels are length translated in english, so reading them is not such a huge achievement. I`ve been following VEG since annoucement of the contest win, so obviously jumped on opportunity to read them as soon as first chapters started being translated. Its only two relatively short vollumes.

It was also clear that there will be anime for VEG from the moment of contest as well - though at the time no one even had a clue what it was about, since KyoAni held it under wraps for long time only revealing information much late when finally published first vollume. Its their Magnum Opus, and they took time to prepare to do it properly and it have a bigger impact.

The trolls have been shit posting it for like 5 weeks now.

>there are regular Netflix-sponsored animus coming out now

We are in hell.

Just shows how afraid of kyoani's influence they are.

Wow, shitposter is still using same picture even after 5 years.

GodAni will always find a way

Look at that animation. How can anyone even compete

Netflix made official page for VEG

netflix.com/ru/title/80182123

They claim its "Netflix Original", which it absolutely is not since they are not involved in production. KyoAni suing them when?

Huge spoiler, do not look!

The ACTUAL Auto Memories Doll

What is this shit even about?

People hiring avatar of Goddess of War with more blood on hands than Urobutcher killed his characters to write letters

>here you go Sir your 10000 rape mind break doujin!

Are there any other shows that look like triple A Hollywood movies? Hibike 2 was directed fantastically, and this one looks like Oscar bait (in a good way)

>afraid

They're just fucking aannoying, they're as big of a cancer as the fucking fatefags and jojofags combined.

an overpowered autistic girl learning about human emotions. also yearning for the dick.

No. It will however, be very pretty.

It will have sex with your eyes. It's up to you deciding whether it's consensual or not.

>afraid of kyoani's influence

Rambo 1

A PTSD War viteral with with dependency issue on his Colonel/Master and hands deep in blood and guts and having memories of commiting war crimes returns to "normal" life with no skills and talents other than murder.

Things to mention:
killing pows in murder survival game, airdropping from plane mid battlefield wielding giant axe, fighting terrorists hijacking the train and taking passangers hostages, fighting a cult wanting to sacrafice a girl and believing you are avatar of Goddess of War, attending a war criminal awaiting execution and admitting you are worse than him, but your side won, killing attempted rapists, thieves, assassinating enemy commanders and politicians.

And oh yeah, writing letters for people that for whatever reason (being drug addicts with trembling hands, underage girls unable to write, prisoner not given a pen so he dont commit suicide, soldier mid battle, archeologist hating burocracy etc).

“I love flowers,” writes Akatsuki Kana on her bio on the second volume of Violet Evergarden, “and I love poetry. But the most fun I have writing is war scenes.”

----------------

Immediately, the girl aimed the mechanical bow and shot an iron arrow. It perfectly hit the handle of the axe stuck in the prisoner’s head. With the impact of the arrow, the blade was buried further into his cranium. The prisoner continued screaming until he collapsed backwards with an agonized, painful expression.

All chatter ceased.

Without paying the crowd any mind, the girl moved her petite feet in the direction of the convulsing prisoner, aiming the bow towards his torso and firing another arrow as she drew closer. It was a ruthless, precise, mechanical murder. The iron arrow pierced his chest and took his life away for good.

The girl retrieved the axe from the corpse and swung it lightly downwards, the blood and fat on the blade splashed onto the floor. She also seemed familiar with the successive pattern of collecting the iron arrows and repositioning them. Although her frame was of a young child when she stood still, her image was that of a skilled hunter when she moved.

No one had foreseen that the rug laid on the training ground would be stained with the prisoners’ blood. But from then on, that place would be covered in it. A girl soldier who would engrave her name in the history of Leidenschaftlich’s army was about to be born. As the spectators fearfully embraced that premonition, their stares focused on Gilbert.

He stood up, leaning his body against the security rail. Once more, he gave the order, yelling on top of his lungs, “Kill!!”

The girl moved like an automated doll. She sped up, her small body progressively lowering. Again, she threw the axe, still glistening with blood, into the vital point of one of them.

The prisoners then separated into those who scattered off and those who charged at her wielding their batons in spite of being overwhelmed. The ones that ran away were shot merciless and repeatedly in the head by the arrows. The brave ones cooperated with one another and surrounded the girl. It seemed they planned to corner her and beat her to death. They attacked in unison, trying to steal her weapons.

But such scheme was a mistake.

In the meantime that the girl could not be seen through the gaps between their bodies, the prisoners screamed and rolled onto the floor. Their ankles had been hit, and it was not a random attack – she stabbed and slashed them over and over. Such tactic could be executed due to the girl’s effective flexibility. Her figure as she stood with the knife in hand in the middle of the fallen ones was horrifyingly extraordinary, like a fairy conceived from petals of blood.

As a prisoner attempted to escape while dragging his feet, she rushed to grab his head from behind and tear his throat with the knife, silently ending his life. Her hand movements were similar to that of a chef decapitating fish and chickens. She then turned to the prisoners waiting to be dismantled, murdering them one by one. In the process, the knife eventually became unusable and she could not kill with anything except the batons.

“No! No! No!”

“She’s a monster! Help us! Hey, please help us!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

>filters
>changing anything

The one originally meant to serve as bait for such a homicidal game had been the girl. However, he had also not wished for her to be the only one breathing in the end. After all the prisoners had been killed, had they been insufficient as the girl stared straight at referee who watched everything while holding a gun?

The frightened referee pointed the gun at her, but whether he could kill her or not was debatable. Whatever weapon was used to confront her, the chances of winning were slim. She was absolute. Her fighting techniques using multiple weapons compensated for her lesser physical power. Her outstanding skills were superior to brute strength.

Where had she learned all of that and what did she use to do? Even if she could talk, one could not hope for a decent answer.

Her assassination techniques made clear that she had a gift for conquering things through butcher. Not even being outnumbered was an issue. The audience of that ‘show’ was enraptured by her and could not help but applaud her wonderful talent. She was a prodigy. If any gods that controlled death existed, surely she was dearly loved by them.

The little killer who had obeyed the commands of her Lord directed her gaze at Gilbert. Blue and green eyes met.

“Stop.” He shook his head at the girl. As he did so, she dropped the baton she had been holding and knelt down on the spot.

Seated on the pool of blood, the girl breathed profoundly. Even as she was sultry with blood and fat, her figure as she inhaled and exhaled with such small lips was but that of a child. It only added up to her fearsomeness.

So, basically shit.

Kek Netflix has already made this show irrelevant by delaying western release and you have to rely on inconsistent fansubs that are even lazier than they use to be.

Us chads at Sup Forums will be thoroughly discussing the AOTY known as DEVILMAN Crybaby™ for months, while you scramble for subs like a bitch weekly.

A harem show with Cladia (its a male) being a self insert mc surrounded by girls working under him and wanting his dick (at least Cattleya) while he flirts with every skirt in town and tries to seduce his underage secretary rescured from rape cult

>netflix original
They're not even on production committee, they just paid for exclusive licensing rights
>Kyoto Animation
Only the unironically best and most talented studio in the industry right now. What's your point?
>Changing anything
The only thing you're right about. It will look spectacular, but how is that supposed to change anything? KyoAni is playing chess while the rest of the industry is playing checkers. They're in their own league and no one else can keep up. I guess they could inspire new generations of animators, but we won't see the payoff for a decade or two.

Its always fun to see haters shitposting without having a basic clue and making fools of themselves.

Let alone having no knowledge of what VEG is actually, you messed up here as well.

First of all VEG is not Netflix "exclusive". It`ll air on 5 japanese TV channels as well other streaming services in China etc. So raws are easy to get by.

Secondary, given VEG popularity (and fact that people will not wait and just watch fansubs from japanese raws) Netflix which initially intended to air at bulk at Spring, changed it schedule and now it`ll air weekly starting 11 January

>First of all VEG is not Netflix "exclusive". It`ll air on 5 japanese TV channels as well other streaming services in China etc. So raws are easy to get by.
Yeah and you get lazy fansubs with people either half assing them or releasing them when they feel like it. Fansubs aren't what they use to be before crunchy era.
>Secondary, given VEG popularity (and fact that people will not wait and just watch fansubs from japanese raws) Netflix which initially intended to air at bulk at Spring, changed it schedule and now it`ll air weekly starting 11 January
There has been zero sources or actual confirmation from Netflix on this for the western release. Every single source from them and other outlets confirm only Japan will get it weekly.

Try again.

>netflix original
You are correct, but see Netflix is not involved in its production and just bought rights to stream it, but at least in own catalogue it lists it as "netflix original". Given that they secured the rights before show production was complete, they can claim so - but they are indeed not in production commity (only Kyoani and Lantis are). Similar applies to a lot of "netflix originals" too.

The only real that are actually produced thanks to Netflix are Ajin, Castelvania , Devilman this season and B: The Begining in spring.

Still, in year 2018 Netflix already funds around 30 titles, so even if they are not dictating anything or ordering production and just securing rights - they are still contributing to them.

It's gonna get completely eclipsed by the actual AOTS and possibly AOTY

>There has been zero sources
I gave you a link, idiot.

>muh cute girls

>nothing but cute anime girls

Into the bin it goes

>KyoAni is playing chess while the rest of the industry is playing checkers

Not that Yorimoi even comparable - its not in the same league even remotely production and content wise.

Still hope there will be at least some tweests in the story (hollow earth, nazi ufos, ancient eldritch evil whatever) so that it actually had chance to become popular.

Wait is it only going to be on netflix? Their subtitles are almost always terrible and the way they handle releases bafflingly incompetent and slow. I'll take crunchyroll rips anyday over netflix slop.

>K-On
Into the trash it goes

Netflix has superior encode though. As far subs go, the sub groups confirmed to check the quality when it airs to decide if its worth making subs themselves or not.

It’ll be the first true simulcast on Netflix apparently. Kyoani is really a game changer

>The streaming service Netflix is currently listing Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden anime with a "new episode coming on January 11" in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Philippines. However, Netflix does not currently have a listing for the series in Japan and in the United States.

Nothing but a mistake. Keep your delusion to yourself.

This is better

>willingly even discussing streaming shit
Wew Sup Forums surely has gotten lower in 2018

If I have no other choice I'll do it but, god. The way they handled SnK and LWA (and where the fuck is godzilla?) doesn't give me much confidence. Typesetting can be shit too, seven deadly sins was unreadable.

And you care because you actually intended to watch it at Netflix as a disgusting amerifat you are?

People need to realise the same face issue is in the show itself. Not that other shows have the same face. A typical cast in kyoani have the same facial structure and only thing making them different is cosmetic shit and hair styles/colour.

I agree, k on is absolute trash.

That fucking one male is where everything went wrong

>says the guy who actually went on netflix to prove an error
Truly activates my almonds

99% of what you watch is rip of the Crunchyroll streams. Yes, its 2018.

Until BD rips are there, you litterally have no other option - especially considering high rest stream rips are superior to japanese TV raws (depending on format)

At least Netflix is better quality than CR. Still all KyoAni shows are only truly enjoyed in their glory in BD versions. If you did not watch the BD versions of KyoAni shows - you did not watch KyoAni shows at all.

>2003 was the best and only good looking
Why dont they make anime with FMP's faces anymore? Chidori a cute

You're late this board is already cancer.

>99% of what you watch is rip of the Crunchyroll streams. Yes, its 2018.

I read manga. Anime has no good originals since 2012.

Mai is not a man

>Most beautiful kyoani girl is a boy
Really makes you think.

Why? I have a feeling that it will be overdone.

Garbage eye candy.

Oh. Seriously? Netflix? Another series with cartel shitsubs and Netflix shitsubs.
I would be glad if Doki picked it up.

Fuck ufotable and their shitty artanimation.

>implying original saber isn't shit in itself

Bullshit.

Yeah. I would rather watch something with worse video quality and good subs, than autistic quality with crapsubs

At least they can into filtering and blending 3DCG with rest, not like ufoshit.

>yuribait changing anime
Hmmmm

>look at the animation
>shows a image

>Bullshit
Not a single original show from 2013 and up is gonna be remembered in 10 years

Little witch may be remembered for like 5 years

Remembered by WHO exactly? Normalfags?
Closest example, Sakura Quest, 2017.