They were all so damn good that I can't decide on AOTY

They were all so damn good that I can't decide on AOTY.

This hasn't happened in many years, usually theres one or none that shine clearly over everything else but this year theres 3.

Even jap polls and Sup Forumss own polls tend to have these 3 on stalement with each of them winning some

Made In Abyss > Houseki no Kuni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> K*mono bronies

alright what's the twist in kemono friends?

Houseki no Kuni > Made in Abyss > Kemono Friends

There's no twist, it's just SoL with new characters every episode

Kemono Friends = Houseki no Kuni > Made in Abyss

All Human are DEEEEEAD!

good

Fuck off.

That's not Lu Over The Wall.

Weak i have 80 AOTY

The twist is that it's good.

Kemono Friends>Made in Abyss=Houseki no Kuni
Any other year and HnK or MiA would have easily taken my AOTY.

Universal truths:

MiA: Best lore, best ost, best artstyle

HnK: Deepest Lore, best action scenes, best twists, best MC

KF: Best characters and character growth, best world building, best fanbase, best memes

Maid Dragon = SSR > Glasslip > MIA > dogshit > all 3DPDCG

reminder that Akihito Tsukushi is an assumed pedophile.

HnK lore is fucking stupid tho, its equally dum dum to Kemono friends where its "people died, now we have magic people for no reason". Mia is the only one with an actual world that isnt 100% magic.
Mia action sequences have much more weight behind them emotionally.

I'd say KF fanbase got hit hard by the Kadokawa business decisions drama. Mia has a bunch of pedos talking about how much they want to fuck Reg/mark so I guess HnK wins there.

>Maid Dragon
you really have a shit taste. what next? ...fate:apocrypha?

>Houseki no Kuni
Best characters, best cinematography, best pacing, best storyboards, best development, best setpieces, best psychological and philosophical themes, best iconography

>Made in Abyss
Best ost and sound design, best intro and finale episodes, best worldbuilding, best 'visceral' scene

>Kemono Friends
Memes, underdog success, lore bait

>"people died, now we have magic people for no reason"
they also killed a penguin in a zoo irl

KF fanbase was supposed to be more prosperous with Kadokawa in charge and letting more experience take helm with even more budget.

We just refuse to take our director out of the picture we killed it out of spite. Kadokawa would gain nothing and lose money from failed investments and hastened death of Nico

Rest assure that we are coming back once Irodori release their new work, which was already announced

Sorry but no. The Shiro fight from HnK was improved upon from the manga and highly memorable and talked about. The Ozen fight was butchered and lacked any impact whatsoever. Those are the only big fights in the season.

Kemono Bros

I can only imagine their wives facepalming at what their daughter is laughing at

Replace KF with SSR and I agree.

SSR was fucking trash.

>Showing up buff and dressed like that along with your cute young daughter dressed as Kaban.
Is it possible to win best cosplay and best dad award at the same time?

>all 4 either aots's or close contenders
>Everyone gets mad about their relative placements

ITT: contrarians who haven't seen KF

You must need to defeat slug dad and his genki Toki daughters

>serval men
Even got the mask

This.

Why are people so cruel?

Or contrarians who decided to force themselves to watch 1 or 2 episodes out of hate then dropped it when it didn't live up to whatever perceived hype they thought it had.

>SSR
what SSR stand for?

rolling girls

an antidepressant

really? that anime was shit

It's funny because none of these are in the top 3 best of the year.

i only watched the opening and even that looked completely unfinished. although the song was a bit catchy.

Super super rare

KF was awful in theirs of animation. Everything was on the script

too embarrassed to share?

This

Uchouten Kazoku
3-gatsu no lion
Mahoujin Guru Guru

Guaranteed Rakugofag

I didn't like the second Rakugo season at all.

I'll watch it someday, if my memory stop being garbage.

Just embarassing how Guru Guru fags just keep forcing their unfunny moe crap.
And what do they say is the justification for it? Nothing, its just "look at this moeblob. you like moeblobs right? No? WELL FUCK YOU THEN". Obviously they dont even attempt to say the show is funny.

Not bad, you're excused for guruguru.

I never post GuruGuru images and I legit liked it. It had some funny bits, more so than your average comedy anime

>BEST TV ANIME
1. Houseki no Kuni
2. Rakugo S2
3. Uchouten S2
4. Made in Abyss
5. Girls Last Tour
6. 3-gatsu S2
7. GuruGuru
8. Owari S2
9. Ai Mai Mii S3
10. Maid Dragon

>BEST OTHER ANIME
1. Night is Short, Walk on Girl
2. Lu Over the Wall
3. Kizumonogatari III
4. The Dragon Dentist
5. Blade Runner 2022
6. Yama no Susume OVA
7. Hibike: Todoketai Melody
8. Mary and the Witch's Flower
9. Fate: Heaven's Feel
10. Yuyushiki OVA

>HnK lore is fucking stupid tho, its equally dum dum to Kemono friends where its "people died, now we have magic people for no reason". Mia is the only one with an actual world that isnt 100% magic.
Sorry that you haven't been spoonfed all the secrets of HnK lore.

Winner of best:

>Atmosphere
KF
>Thrills
MiA
>World-Building
HnK
>Animation
HnK
>Art Direction
MiA
>Themes
KF
>Act 1
MiA
>Act 2
KF
>Act 3
MiA
>Memes
KF
>OP
KF
>ED
MiA
>MC
Hnk
>Supporting characters
KF
>Pacing
KF
>Sound design
MiA

Looks like KF wins by a bit.

Technically he isn't wrong, there's a lot of stuff that's basically magic. MiA is pretty magic too but there's not really enough information to make a judgement on how the whole thing works yet.

The first cour was funny enough, but at some point it overstayed its welcome and the second cour was a chore to watch.

I don't think the story needs to be hard sci-fi. There are things that don't make sense realistically, but the point of the story isn't about the future.

The only thing that barely counts as magic in MiA are the relics.

Well sure, but with Buddhist themes don't expect everything to have a scientific explanation.

Out of the three species the only ones kind of magical would be Lunarians.

Shoujo Shuumatsu is clearly AOTY. Made in Abyss wasn't bad, but not as good as Shoujo Shuumatsu.

>2ch's list BTFO'D Sup Forums
>Maid Dragon and Kemeno fags bros on suicide watch
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Boring moeshit

DELETE
F-FLOP DRAGON IS A-AOTY

Shill list

>Sup Forums's favorite shit show isn't here
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>OH NO NO NO NO
Back to Sup Forums

It's not my ideal, but I can settle with this. The only real problem is LWA being in a top ten.

I liked Maid Dragon, but I'm glad it's not still being pushed so hard here as AOTY when it was just an okay show with pretty visuals.

Not even the best Yuasa movie of 2017, friend.

Why do you people like MiA so much? I watched it, and just don't get why would you still consider it AOTY past episode 3.

>Engaging plot and unique world
>Or SoL brony tier shit

what a waste of fucking time this shitty movie was

>AOTY
>polls
guaranteed replies from dumb Sup Forums

What happened Kemeno bros?
No S2 and now this......

We honestly don't care.

>Kemeno s2 cancelled while MiA gets s2 despite muh sales fags
>Literally SEETHING when list was first posted
>W-We d-don't care

KF is getting an s2 though. It's just going to suck.

Moetrash like SSR cannot be AOTY.

New anime announced
Same director, studio, and judging by the exposure, more fans.

See you next year and your posts about cheap CGI ruining the industry

>Defending shit cgi
Nu/a/

Why bother with 2D if 3D sells more at 1/4 the price?

Tsuki ga Kirei is the AOTY, Princess Principal is close second.

>kf wins in nearly every category except 1
>use that 1 category to shitpost endlessly, then make up random nonsense about kf fanbase being mad
you must have been pretty desperate to 1up us on something. how pathetic, lol.

I watched all of it and MiA still was better to me. Haven't watched gems though yet, currently watching Children of the Whales.

>It's ok to be lazy

It's called "working smart"

>Half assed shit is "working smart"
Name one good looking entirely cgi show

Only the money matters.
You want 2D to remain? Go buy 2D

Butthurt guru guru is aoty??

Finally a man who understands what to do, just love them all.

That polycount is so much higher than it needs to be.

hijacking the thread for my dumbass houseki no kuni questions

what the fuck is going on? The anime explained nothing. Not what the lunarians where, why they're kidnapping gems, what the gems were, what happened to humans, literally nothing. Part of a plot begins to appear with sensei hiding shit and BAM it fucking ends. blueballs: the anime. All buildup for no payoff.

Its based on an ongoing manga where some of those things are explained poorly.

I love them all but i feel MiA start is a bit slow and the anime didnt get to the best parts of the manga
For me it's : Hnk=Kemono friends > MiA

Read the manga, It's a good and painful ride

Curse of the Abyss?

>Made in Abyss
Surprisingly well done adaptation with great visuals and music. A few hiccups, but it delivered hard when they needed to. Especially with Mitty's mutation and goodbye. I'm a bit sad that we didn't just get Bondrewd's arc, but that's fine since we got all the other stuff that was awesome. Bondrewd OVA/S2 when?
>Houseki no Kuni
I knew nothing about the series, so I went in blind and enjoyed it. NuPhos wasn't as good as genki dumbass Phos though. Beautiful visuals and music, and surprisingly good animation. The gems were all unique and likeable, Sensei is objectively the best dad of 2017 (Sorry Bondrewd, you didn't get your time to shine), and the Lunarian fights were absolutely spectacular.
>Kemono Friends
Looked promising from the teaser images (2D), then saw it was low budget 3D. Stuck around for the 3 episode rule, and every episode just got better. Something about it was just relaxing to watch. Definitely most hype ending of the three; you just don't expect that sort of thing from this sort of show. Hell, you don't expect ANYTHING since it was essentially fresh work using the content of a dead mobile game as the director pleased, and he did damn good.

All three were good.

I haven't seen the inner workings of other CG anime, but I figured that was the normal amount.

Reminder Serval & Kaban were originally supposed to helplessly watch Aardwolf being slowly devoured by the Big Cerulean towards the end of Episode 1. That's why Serval looks frustrated after killing the Cerulean.

Slighty Sour Raisins

Redpill me on Kemono Friends. I thought it was just another shitty moe show. Why are people praising it so much?

Cause it's good. Go watch it right now.