What was the naruto shitposting onhere like when it actually was still an okay series

What was the naruto shitposting onhere like when it actually was still an okay series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaU0rAzA0dg
youtube.com/watch?v=9cfhZKPfbiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7il6mdfB9o8
youtube.com/watch?v=AU0ytJatL2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I sell my soul to Moloch, the pagan god of child sacrifice, to curse everyone who replies to this thread to have their (potential) future offspring be born deformed or die early, pathetic deaths.

Derailing threads with gets

>when it actually was still an okay series
it never was

I have yet to find a shonen that rivals early Naruto/Bleach

Naruto discussions used to be banned on sight, good times.

I can honestly say I couldn't get into either of those. Though most people can so I'm not saying their bad.

cancer, just like boruto thread are right now

Jojo is the only series on par(for me better) than the original naruto series.

Naruto was actually banned through most of its good/decent content. The ban only got lifted as it was about to end. I still don't get why this show wasn't allowed but Bleach and One Piece were.

One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, JoJo and even BnHA sometimes are better.

Sup Forums loved the rule of cool and ridiculousness of Bleach, along with Kubo himself. It was basically meme’d to death, for lack of better words. Naruto had a much heavier stigma around it, and One Piece wasn’t as huge in the west back then, nor was it even bad.

maybe but it gets thematically weird so fast. Like eating bugs weird. Some folks will find the bizarre appaling but with Naruto Bleach you know what'ya got

I also enjoy Jojo a lot. (at least the parts I've seen)

One Piece is a parody, not a shonen. HxH is more dialogue heavy and while I don't dislike HxH, I think it's important to be visually pleasing.

>bnha
I sincerely doubt it.

That sucks. Hope you find things to enjoy though.

Yugioh is also great. Fuck.

I'll never understand why Naruto continued after Pain. The leader of the main antagonistic force throughout the series was dead. I guess Tobi was still around, but it was just poor planning on Kishimoto's part.

Jesus fuck are you kidding me?
Read something good like Shaman King you dumb millennial

money

First volume of Shaman King is fine. Read up to volume 7 and just got bored. Anime I've rated a 4/10. Bleach and Naruto are just solid dude. Why can't you deal with that?

The fanbase really is an issue.
It was easier to just ban it than having to deal with them every single day.

Follow the Boruto threads if you want a small glimpse of what it was like to deal with that fanbase.
Mods already gave up on moderating Boruto threads even though it isn't even close to what the Naruto fanbase was at its peak

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Shaman King is only a little older than Naruto and Bleach.

>One Piece is a parody, not a shonen

Have you actually watched One Piece?

I want to go back to those times.

Naruto threads were banned for years back when mods still gave a shit about Sup Forums.
My question is do you believe the resurgence of naruto and other shonen shit like it has anything to do with the decline in activity on Sup Forums or is it simply a coincidence?

No I haven't watched a Toei anime. You read the manga. Toei has to be the most cancerous studio on earth.

just like one piece the series got too popular so the author stopped trying being competetive and went milk mod

god I remember Jiraya vs pain so fucking good but no discussion thread allowed the mods feared the normies shitting up the board culture.

I honestly think you're full of shit. Pain was never the big boss and anyone who's not retarded can see that.

What sense would it make if the series ended there?
The Akatsuki wasn't even in the first part of the manga so I don't get what you mean with the "main antagonistic force throughout the series". The whole Sasuke shit would remain unresolved and so would the backstory of the tailed beasts and whatever.

It's hilarious that you Narutofags created this theory about how Naruto was great and that only the stuff after the Pain arc was bad when Naruto was always fucking bad.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I liked it from when I was about 11 until around 14. In that sense, it was exactly what a shounen should be. Something that appealed to a young boy. However, my disdain for everything after Pain has left me hesitant to revisit it, so I'm not sure if it would live up to my standards now.

>I've rated
>>>/MAL/

It was your average cancerous shonen thread. However, I would say that shitposting got amped up after Sasuke vs Deidara.

One Piece is miles above the competition

So you don't actually want to discuss anything I've said.

That's neither here nor there
It's only millennials whose first manga/anime were Naruto or Bleach and it's only them who think these series are good

>Sup Forums is now defending naruto
>people unironically sayimg theres no better shounen than the big 3
The gateway anime copypasta was right all along

Who are you quoting?

>One Piece is a parody
I'd love to hear how. Hunter x Hunter and BnHA are closer to parody, if anything. One Piece in my opinion is the perfect shounen. It's basically every arc of Dragon Ball done at the same time.
>it's important to be visually pleasing
That's fair.
>I sincerely doubt it.
BnHA is probably the most visually pleasing of any battle shounen. Some people like to say Naruto is basically the quintessential (or generic) battle shounen, while Hunter x Hunter is a deconstruction. If you think that holds water, then BnHA is basically the celebratory return of battle shounen. If Naruto is Gundam (this is a stretch, bear with me) and Hunter x Hunter is NGE, then BnHA is TTGL. Almost everything in BnHA is taken from past battle shounen, especially Naruto, and it often subverts it. If Naruto focused on Rock Lee, the villains had their sympathetic motivations removed, the comedy was written by a human being, and the art style was ten times more endearing, it'd basically be BnHA. The biggest problem with BnHA is its meandering plot.

No, cause you gave shit taste.

It's the same goddamn shit. The content isn't all that different apart from fillers and slow ass pacing.

>the mods feared the normies shitting up the board culture.
Guess what
They were right

No one is defending Naruto besides some of the Narutards in this thread.

OP is the Naruto spammer who has been spamming threads since yesterday.

Go back to >>>/MAL/

This guy
>have yet to find a shonen that rivals early Naruto/Bleach

>I'd love to hear how
Read it. It might take you a couple of reads to get to the point where you realize it's a parody because it does it really well. But it is, foremost, a parody or deconstruction of the shonen genre.

>it's the same damn shit
Nobody recommends the One Piece anime for a reason user. It's not the same shit. Looks like some levelzero directors at Toei placed some sad music over a parody scene. That's not in the manga you know.

Still better than not contributing.

I said neither of those things.

The Akatsuki were set up in the first half and were the main antagonists throughout the second half up until Pain's death. I mean, who else took the role of the big bad up until that point? Orochimaru didn't exactly amount to much.
The Akatsuki were hunting down the tailed beasts - the most powerful beings in the series - and succeeding. There was no bigger threat than them.
Also, obviously Naruto would get Sasuke back, but the reason why I said it should've ended at Pain (or slightly after due to the Sasuke situation) is because Naruto had become the saviour of the village. He had all right to be Hokage, or to be directly inducted to become Hokage after the correct training for the role.

The only time naruto was ever "good" was up until chuinin exam, after that it went to trash quickly.

I thought Sup Forums always agreed that the first arc of Naruto was good.

Yeah and now there's dragonball threads 24/7.

One Piece continued because Oda enjoys writing it.

I tend to agree with this.

I think Kishimoto didn't want to or just didn't have it anymore after the break between pre timeskip and shippuuden. Shippuuden is way more hit and miss than the original. I think he should've kept things much more focused. Keep it tight. ust explore the paths Naruto and Sasuke chose and where it led them and have Akatsuki be the conduit to have stuff happen when it needs to. Also Akatsuki became too x-men-y. I get they're supposed to be misfits with unique and powerful abilities but some were just dumb. Actually most of them.

We still got some great moments anyway so who cares I guess.

It’s also impossible to drive these people away with self moderation since you’d get banned by the current mods.

Well, I have read One Piece and I love it. I'm not really interested in reading 900 chapters multiple times, however, so really it'd just be better for you to elaborate.

It was good but now I rate Bleach above One Piece. Too many save the kingdoms in a row. Half the manga has become luffy only doing dumb shit. Sabo. The rest is strawhats racing on a brownbeard kingbaum or teapot. Running to a base running out of a base. Running away from gas. Its like Oda forgot how todo concentrated story telling and relies on switching between scenerie for he may gets his 16 pages filled. Last chapter was a bit back to the roots thou

>One Piece is miles above the competition

Why do people always like to pretend one piece is somehow any better than Naruto or any other dumb shonen? One piece is ust as stupid and drawn out as every other of its ilk.

I swer to god this faggotry of propping up everything else ust because you want to put somthing down is fucking annoying

They can't be worse than current super threads, r-right?

If you love it one day you will reread it and come to the realization. The realization is a moment in your life I don't want to take away from you.

Because naruto has lower lows. One Piece is more consistent. I really don't care all that much though because I enjoy both.

>drawn out
Not an argument. They're supposed to be drawn out: they're action serials. It's not about the plot. Judging an action serial for being drawn out is like judging a comedy for having shitty art.

It never went against its initial themes. It never went out of control with ridiculous villains with questionable motifs. It also actually has world building

One Piece has never lost focus unlike Naruto. By the half way point of the series, we understand the tiers and hierarchy of characters and their place in the world, and in the second half it's been pay off. One Piece called still turn to garbage, but so far it's been pretty great.

One piece is a half decent battle shounen with actual ADVENTURE. Naruto didn’t even know what it wanted to be.

>Not an argument.

Just kys m. no one gives a shit about your approval of an argument. OP is just as shallow and bad as every other shonen and only people who watched it when they were the right age like it, like every other shonen. All of these shows are obectively trash for teenagers and if you are now trying to argue it is a quality show as an adult you're a moron so stick your stupid opinion up your ass.

>people who hate on Naruto but love Shaman King
No wonder their taste is so shit.

>gets proven wrong
>starts crying

M8, You are still watching cartoons written for 12yo as an adult (I assume). Your taste holds no value.

This. Honestly, I've never even cared for many of the fights in One Piece, it's the world building, the story and the characters that have kept me hooked.
I started on One Piece with the 4kids dub when I was a kid, but I didn't get back round to it again when I was 19. Before getting back to it again, I assumed it was going to be a dumb drawn out story of self contained adventures that was only being written for money. I was glad to be proven wrong. Maybe if you actually read it you'd realise the same thing.

Other places must have better taste then.
I suggest you go there.

I'm so sorry, user. I have to do this. Luffy finds One Piece and becomes Pirate King. YOU MAY HATE ME, BUT YOU CAN REST EASY NOW!

You may now return to your mature cartoons.

When are people here going to grow up and stop being contrarians?

Also anything naruto is better than shit from fate for example

>Maybe if you actually read it you'd realise the same thing.

I did. I wanted to gauge my eyes out. And just to be clear, I tried rewatching Naruto again as an adult and I couldn't do it either. HxH the same thing. I can only either watch clips of stuff liked as a kid that are the coolest parts because you don't have to deal with all the dumb dialogue and supidity of the characters or stuff like Air Gear which is so bad I can be mildly entertained at how horrible it is.

>not realising it's about the journey

>make thread about mid era naruto
>muh one masterpiecelers have to derail

So what was the issue with it?

>Before getting back to it again, I assumed it was going to be a dumb drawn out story of self contained adventures that was only being written for money.

The irony

Alright buddy, what are your favourite anime?

You are just spouting drivel at this point. I don't even know what the fucking point of your post is. I'm not even against watching dumb stuff you liked as a kid to indulge your nostalgia, I totally get that, but don't try to argue it is actually a good sho because it isn't. Pointing out NAruto is garbage is so stupid it doesn't even make sense. No shit it's garbage, but so is your favorite shonen, because they all are. Now go watch your dumb shonen and enjoy it and I'll do the same.

>One Piece continued because Oda is milking the manga like he's milking Nami's tits
Where the fuck have you been?

Oda has said he's trying to work through the series as quickly as possible to finish it before he dies. He said he's been combining ideas for separate islands into each island since the new world (Punk Hazard being both fire and ice, Dressrosa having a dwarf civilisation, talking toys and Spanish architecture).

Because Naruto was popular. Sup Forums is contrarian central.

I mean I tried to discuss Naruto as well. I stand by it being good up until Pain's defeat.

With One Piece? It's just not for me anymore. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything but it's the truth. The characters are way too one note the dialogue is dumb and blunt. There's nothing there other than what's going on at the surface level. Those aren't necessarily bad things for what it is trying to be, which is trash entertainment for kids. Kids don't care about any of that stuff like I didn't when I started watching Naruto. I'm just not that person anymore. I'm sure if I happened to watch OP instead of Naruto at the time I would feel for it ust as much as I feel for Naruto. I'm not trying to put down OP or anything, I'm ust trying to keep it on its' place before you faggots get all high and mighty.

I'm not getting into this dumb tangent 'cause that's not even the point

The reason why is because One Piece is irrelevant in the west and was discarded very early. Objectively, One Piece is on par with Fairy Tail, except with uglier girls.

Autistic weebs om Sup Forums hate everything the west likes and vice versa.

I only asked for your favourites because you came across as pretentious as fuck and wanted to see what you were comparing them against.

Agreed, One Piece fags should be permabanned with no warning like the furpocalypse.

Does a series need to have deeper subtext and implications to be great? It's an extremely creative adventure series with an extremely large cast of characters that are mostly likeable and it's kept a pretty consistent quality for 890 chapters. I feel like that alone should be applauded.

One Piece was discarded early in the west because of the awful 4kids version. Only kids gave a damn about it.

>watching Toei anime
When will they learn?

Can someone tell my One Piece is better than Naruto?

>art
naruto has better
>designs
naruto has better designs(and doesn't go overboard with them)
>Characters
Characters in naruto stick around,they are not pokemons that you see for an arc and then leave them behind forever
>Soundtrack
The naruto anime has better soundtrack

And because of Toei in general.

read the manga, christ.

I don't think so.

But One Piece characters often come back when it's beneficial to the story or makes sense. I'm not sure if this is bait, but most characters became irrelevant in the second half of Naruto, and it was even worse during the war.

I know and that's why I don't want to get into it because it will further derail the discussion and not go anywhere. I'm not being pretentious, I'm really not. I may not enoy watching naruto anymore but I enoy the memories I have of it and indulging in reminiscing about it from time to time, hence why I'm in this thread. That being said I can see it for what it is. You guys are the ones that seem to want it both ways. You want to trash Naruto because it is garbage (which it is) but then you also want to argue One Piece is this great show that is so much better and whatever the fuck you guys think of it when I've seen enough of it to know that it's just as retarded as any other shonen.

You can applaud it if it makes you feel any better. I don't see why not fucking something up for 2 years is worthy of praise if It's not something I like.

And just for the record. It is impossible to tell a good story in 900 chapters.

>One Piece in my opinion is the perfect shounen.
Fucking this. I have yet to come across a shounen that is even half as impressive in terms of world building and character progression. It's arguably the most consistent manga ever, still managing to be engrossing and thought-out despite running on for nearly 20 years, and it's still getting better. Oda is really just that good.

>It is impossible to tell a good story in X chapters

Villains dont die no suspense bigmum is jumping on the ship and I yawn

>narutard telling anyone to 'grow up'

This place shoulve burned to the ground a long time ago.

>Can someone tell why One Piece is better than Naruto?

It isn't.

>not fucking up something for 2 years is worthy of praise
It's been over 20 years of quality.

It was really bad, once the show itself actually started turning bad people who were sort of on the fence went away to other stuff.

This thread needs moar kimimaro

heres your shitpost

No?
youtube.com/watch?v=RaU0rAzA0dg

youtube.com/watch?v=9cfhZKPfbiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=7il6mdfB9o8

youtube.com/watch?v=AU0ytJatL2k

[LOUD GARGLING SOUNDS]

Wow, you can repeat somthing I wrote. Thanks, I guess?

Naruto and Fate are pretty much on the same level, although the fatefags do act more high and mighty about their powerlevel shit for whatever reason