Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But he's cool

but he gets angry sometimes

Nice tits

I wish Lupin was more popular on Sup Forums

Is this a futurefunk or vaporwave meme?

It has a following, definitely. When the next season of blue jacket comes out you'll see.

Why it isn't is baffling. It's consistently great with even the goofy scooby doo shit like pink jacket still being entertaining most of the time. The movies are some of the best in the genre and the new stuff is fantastic. What the fuck is every so damn busy with they can't make time for Lupin?

lupin.....

when is part 5 coming out

Anyone here watched Lupin III Series 1?

I saw Cagliostro and loved it, so now I'm watching series 4 (2015) and its ok, I guess. I think that when the time for the big plot arives it will get better, but for now is much of just a big "meh".

I like the characters and the concept, so I want thoughts on series I.
Also, Fujiko Mine series and Goemon/Jigen specials already on backlog.

Neither. It's from the original Lupin III soundtrack, which (typically) consists of bizarre psychedelic era music with someone speaking English over. This is the track the OP is referring to:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

>Lupin III Series 1
green jacket? of course, it's my favorite season.

I thought Green Jacket was more memorable than red and pink. Especially with the fewer episodes it was given.

Im so glad Lupin isnt big in the west.

I thought it was huge in europe.

I have a soft spot for Red Jacket because of its dub being on [as], but Green Jacket has Castle of Cagliostro and the most suave Lupin. Never actually seen Pink Jacket, but it had that cool ass jazzy OP theme.

Speaking of jazzy themes, I miss talking about The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

It became Inspector Gadget. No, seriously.

>I miss talking about The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.
The ending was shit but everything else was decent. It has my favorite Lupin art style and it's a shame we probably won't see it again

Green is pretty good consistently throughout. Red is all over the place. It has some seriously top tier episodes, but it has a lot of stinkers mixed in there.

Literally so famous in Italy they set a season there and hired it before anywhere else in the world.
>not so famous

I mean the US who ruins every show they touch.

I really enjoyed the darker themes of this one. Also I've heard the original Lupin manga also takes a much more serious tone, is this true?

Lupin rapes women in the manga.

The original manga does, initially. He's raping women left and right but the longer it goes more light hearted and goofy the series gets.

Sup Forums has been around for a long time and has one of, if not the best user retention rates of any of the boards. Old shit that everybody loves has been discussed to death at various stages over the years and threads really only crop up if there's a point to it, same reason why Ranma threads are almost entirely just art dumps. Not our fault if you weren't there for the threads.

Where does one start with lupin?
Is there any standalone piece of content that you'd recommend to first time watchers so they get a taste of what's to come?

Volume 1, chapter 1. Alternatively, series 1, episode 1.

green jacket, duh.

Why don't they translate the old mangas?

>they
who

someone spoon feed me this shit
anyone got a torrent or good archive?

I'm sure somebody does, learn to google and you too may find it.

The bulk of the movies are red jacket which is probably why hes my favorite.

Honestly, you could just start with the castle movie if you're a pleb. I imagine that the first series is too old for a lot of people.

Not being able to read the original manga triggers my autism so fucking much
I wish it was translated

I've heard it remarked by a more learned folks that "Lupin (and by extension Lupin III) IS Europe" whereas "Holmes IS The British Isles".