Is this the year Date A Live finally ends?

Is this the year Date A Live finally ends?
The series went from a light hearted dating sim parody to suddenly serious time fuckery plot.

I want to cum inside Yoshino!

Good time fuckery like Yomeiro-Choice or bad time fuckery like Jitsu wa Watashi wa?

I blame Origami's arc for starting it.

I will impregnate Yoshino

Bad.

[x] Touch Tohka's tohkas

Who Tohka/Origami here?

I want to marry Kotori-chan!

If not this year, then next, but yes, realistically. All the real, overarching mysteries have been revealed - and the only ones left, the Spirits' backstories, could easily either be done in the same way Mio's was in V17, or just not really revealed (or maybe even done in a sort of 'post-script' volume). 18 or 19 will be the last, certainly, and DAB3 looks like it's the last for that, too. I guess the third season of the anime is one last cash grab while the novels are still going.

>FB group translator is a huge attention whore
Makes me not want to read his shit

I'm still upset Kotori Birthday never got animated, and that the manga adaptation never got scanned.

Didn't they change of translators like months ago because of the drama?

Hey guys, sorry to intrude and all but
Kurumi is best girl

That is just Origami and Kurumi being retards with the latter one fucking up everything up to 200+ times.

I doubt next volume will be the last one, Kurumi's arc can't go any longer and more than half of it hasn't even been about her.

Looks like vol.18 has been delayed. Tachinana himself said he had a lot of work to do this year too.

Really? When?

Delayed? but he still has like two months left before reaching the release date, not to mention the Encore replacing what used to be a volume release and there is no new game or movie coming soon.

Doesn't he do scripts to the anime, though?

Since when? He didn't stop releasing three volumes per year back then when season 1 was released and the anime is an adaptation anyway so what script do they have to follow? Also, I doubt he works in the script considering how butchered season 1's plot was and the disaster that was season 2.

Don't k ow. DAL is not on the list if the LN to be released next. Tachibana tweeted that he had a lot of work to do for this year (probably talking about the anime and who knows if something else).

Moat of it makes sense to me though.

Did he? Thank god

Retard.

The first 2 chapters are out now. How long will it take for him to finish? At this pace the new anime season will be out before he finishes vol.17.

He only worked on the movie from what I've heard but even that truned out to be a blatant copy of his own work so I don't believe when he is saying that he has a "lot of work to do"

Actually, the movie feels kind of weird. It's like they cut scenes becuase they didn't have the budget to do it. Then again, it was IMS doing it. Glad they're about to be put down for good.

Doesn't change it borrowing heavily from Rinne Utopia

I feel like they wanted to adapt Rinne Utopia at first but a 72 minute movie wouldn't even classify as an adaptation for it.

Kurumi did nothing wrong

She did everything wrong.

>the Spirits' backstories
I feel like the author forgot about it desu, even the main girl Tohka.

>had a lot of work to do this year too.
I don't believe that for a second

I think its less that he forgot, and more that it's who they are now that matters to the story, not who they were, thus he saw no point in wasting time covering them.

Those tits are magnificent

>I don't believe that for a second

Happy New Year.
I am also looking forward to this year, there are plenty of interesting jobs for me to do! Thank you for your consideration!

I want to seriously fuck Yoshino

I guess Tohka will get hers, she's the main heroine after all.

In the end every spin-off, no matter how irrelevant it was to the main story, some of the concept along with some characters were brought to the main story. You can bet Mayuri Judgment will also in some way be a part of it.

You mean Phantom taking Rinne's form, the Nibellecole's looking like loli Marinas, or the AI of Fraxinus EX being called Maria?
Those are just nods. I agree that Mayuri (and Rio) will get them too...but the actual plot of Mayuri Judgment (as well as Rinne Utopia, Ars Install, and Rio Reincarnation) are non-canon

>Phantom taking Rinne's form
I still can't explain why Phantom took Rinne's form 5 years ago. At that time, Rinne Utopia had not happened yet, so why did Phantom know Rinne 5 years ago when she shouldn't have existed?

We also got Artemesia and now that Mukuro set her free we should learn what happened to her.

That's a canon spin-off, though, not something blatantly non-canon, like Ars Install.

I was talking about the fact the timelines changed and the Artemesia from timeline A was saved while the one we're currently dealing with was brainwashed by Westcott. The spin-off happened in the timeline A too.

Yeah, but it was canon to Timeline A. Ars Install, Rio Reincarnation and, realistically, Mayuri Judgment are all explicitly non-canon to both timelines - Rinne Utopia is the only one Tachibana stated he thinks is canon.
So Artemisia showing up is completely different to Rinne, Marina and Maria getting nods - if anything, they're the opposite, because the way Maria and Marina are acknowledged proves they aren't canon, while Artemisia showing up proves she is.
Plus she hasn't been built up to be an important character, and we're at the end of the story now...so though I agree she'll probably say what happened to her, it certainly isn't leading to anything

What does that have to do with him having lot of work to do? So far only Artemisa and Phantom taking Rinne's form have connection with side material, stuff like Westcott's daugthers and the Ai are different from their original counterparts.

He is getting a job or something? Maybe he should stop writing LNs.

They could have done that easily, the movie would have been a rushjob anyway but they decided to make RU with a different main girl for whatever reason.

He's probably writing a new novel. Or maybe thenew anime season will have him be a part of the staff to direct it. We don't know.

Did you even play the game? Reine explains everything right at the end stating that Rinne is the remnants of something bigger then it turns out that Phantom was involved in her creation and since Rinne was born from the girls powers that originally belonged to Phantom you could say that Rinne was part of Phantom.

Young Reine/Mio also looks A LOT like Spirit Rinne

Writing a new novel shouldn't be an excuse to delay his main work, especially when it is reaching its ending soon.

In non-colored illustrations, Mio looks like a Maria clone in the colored version.

No, she looks like a younger Reine. You know, because she is. Her hair is silver in the coloured illustration, not white like Maria. The hair style us also totally different.
By that logic long-haired Origami is a Maria clone.

I do know, but how does that apply to Phantom taking Rinne's shape 5 years ago when she hadn't been created by Phantom yet? That's the question I'm unable to answer based on the game alone. It's like Phantom had already a basic idea of how a depowered version of itself would look like. Unless THAT Phantom was the Phantom from the present, I can't know, if it was the Phantom from the past I have no idea how she knew Rinne in the first place.

It's just a nod to Rinne's existance. It isn't that complex.

She doesn't really look like a younger Reine in the colored illustrations. Reine looks like a proper mature woman whereas Mio looks like Maria in the one illustration but in other non-colored ones she also looks a lot like Tohka. The point is that she can look similar to other character in non-colored illustrations because of the sameface.

So is Nepgear. Your point?

Because Rinne was part of her, like some other user said Mio also looks like spirit Rinne. It's one of the forms she can take and in RU, she decided to give Rinne that look.

Rinne being Phantom in some way also explains why Shidou went for a Rinne route despite Rinne's effort to make him choose another girl.

Her hair is the wrong colour and wrong style to be Maria

At least vol.17 is not done yet.

I'm not saying that she looks exactly the same as Maria in the same way that Miku and Artemisa look almost the same but there are small differences in hairstyles. No matter how much you try to deny the similarities in looks but this is Tsunako we are talking about and samefaces in characters has always been a problem with her.

Do we know when Date a Bullet takes place?

Yeah. DAB2 all but states that it's after she's 'killed' at the end of V17, but before she's revived or w/e in V18

Seriously? That moment when she was killed in vol.17 she suddenly found herself in a Death Game as another person? I always thought it took place years before DAL.

No, explicitly not. She knows who Shido is (it's a running theme that she's forgotten him and is trying to return to 'her love'), and Volume 2 has a lengthy flashback of Miku's arc from Volumes 6-7

Have you read it? There's barely any information on DAB out there.

Yes

Correct me if I'm wrong but Quasi-Spirits are humans with just a fragment of the sephira inside them right? How did that happen anyway? Are there Quasi-Spirits in the other world currently?

You're right and wrong.
While that IS technically what Quasi Spirits are, they aren't just normal girls with a bit of Sephira in them randomly. They're dead Spirits - when a Spirit dies, they become a Quasi Spirit. Mio purifying the crystals was really just her grinding them down on human girls NOW, not in the past.

>NOW
Are you implying she wasn't done purifying the crystals until recently?

Well considering Origami was made in-story and Miku six months prior to her arc...no, she wasn;t.

But what does that have to do with anything? Mio's been killing girls for 30 years. That many dead Spirits adds up to a lot of Quasi-Spirits

I see, what a fucking mess. I wonder what Shidou will think after finding out about this. Then again, Mio was doing this for him so that doubles the pain he will feel as if it was his responsability. On the other hand, Mio did this out of instict and love so we can't really blame her. I guess Shidou really needs to go back to the past to undo this whole shit. I'm guessing Mio interrupted at the end of volume 17 becuase she knows if Shidou has Zaphkiel, he can basically undo the whole thing.

>overarching mysteries have been revealed
For reals? Who's Phantom, is it really the sleepy sensei? And is she Shidou's mom?

Yes, Reine is both of those things

She's also Shidou's lover from the past...it's complicated.

So basically, at first Mio killed them but after a while she made them Quasi Spirits. Who's the biggest sinner here? Mio or the one who started all of this trainwreck, Westcott.

Is he literally a motherfucker?

No, she's not his mother. Unless you want me to write a spoiler I can say this much, she's not his original mother.

Not really. Let's just say she ate something and shat it out so she could eat it again.

No. There's no indication that Mio did it intentionally (although I personally think she probably did). It just seems to happen. When the body dies, the mind (and Sephira shard) wind up permanantly in the neighbouring world (which looks like it could be part of Mio, like Kurumi's Shadow)

Shit taste. Yoshinon is objectively bettee.

Write me a spoiler.
Impossible, girls don't poop.

Shidou was originally a human. He met Mio and DEM was after her. DEM killed him and Mio wanted him to keep living so she turned his dead body into light and absorbed it into her womb. After whoever knows how long, she gave birth to him as a reincarnation of the original Shidou. While in her womb, she decided to give him the power of the spirits so that he wouldn't die so easily

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

I want to organize things already so I decided to do this. I plan on mapping the timelines along with the main LN and spin-offs. Then talk about the Tree of Life, Kabalah etc. Anyone want to give me a hand?

As if the other world were her own body?

Inside it, yes

What about the Inverse Kurumi that showed up at the end of DAB 2. Why does her inverse counterpart exist while she's in her normal state.

Like Westcott said, the Spirits - when they're there - are Inverse. DAB shows that the Inverse Spirits are the rulers of the ten areas. The whole point of the set up is that because DAB seems to take place between V17 and V18, Kurumi is there despite still being there in her Inverse form. It seems to be due to time fuckery, but the point is that it is still a mystery, as a cliffhanger for DABV3

It'll probably take a while before Shidou can save Kurumi then. I mean, she was completely destroyed from the inside out. She's basically dead thus she turned into a Quasi Spirit at that moment I suppose. Things kind of make sense now.

We're at the end now. There isn't 'a while' left - 18 or 109 are the last

It was fun while it lasted.

This whole thing with DAB seems rather unnecessary. Phantom didn't have much reasons to kill Kurumi right in front of Shidou when he was close to seal her and if her crystal was impure then it makes even less sense to let her interact with Shidou at all instead of just kill Kurumi before then give it to another girl who isn't an idiot.

She isn't impure. She killed Kurumi because, with Zafkiel, Shidou would undo her whole plan

Her very same plan involves Shidou sealing all the spirits so that means he will undo her whole plan anyway and the fact that she let Kurumi interact with Shidou then kill her in front of Shidou only makes things worse for her so called plan.

I guess Mio is the final villain. She's the most innocent villain I have ever seen.

Because Shidou met and interacted with Kurumi and isn't Phantom's goal to make Shidou seal all the spirits? Phantom was well aware about Kurumi's plan and she knew how Shidou would behave if he and Kurumi happen to meet.