First girl syndrome in anime

In romantic works, the first girl introduced — either overall or as a potential Love Interest — has a very good chance of ending up with the protagonist (especially if the protagonist is male).
But do you think it would be more interesting if there were LESS of these series being made? It's getting too tiring at this point.
Post series where the first girl is worst girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedStringOfFate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for best girl

1st girl is the most marketable one, and remarkable one. It basic marketing. Hook line an sinker the first girl get the most sales

Okay, you first.

It’s just Haruna-complex at this point. Emilia didn’t do or say anything so remarkable that Subaru should fall for her but he needs a motive to work towards his goal and to move the story along in the fantasy world so they made it shallow infatuation.

Sword art online

I agree that the obsession is pretty baseless but I think what happens is he goes through so much shit that his shallow desire for Emilia becomes a psychological anchor for the guy. While it starts off as a meme it becomes an obsession to keep him moving forward and cope with all the shit.

What a slut

No there should be MORE. Not some waifu war cuckold beta shit. First come first serve. Cut dey and simple.

Emilia is a fake love interest.

It's just like real life where most beta males marry the first girl that fucks them. This is just art imitating life.

I'm not mad at this shit anymore because Ookami Shounen exists

Main Love Intrest should be always MC's sister.

no i like horikita

In terms of narrative it makes too much sense to have first girl win. She's the one who opens new doors for the protagonist, the one who typically goes through the most trials with him, the one who has all that emphasis at the outset of the story. Structurally it just makes sense. This is fine in plain romance shows, because duh, but it's why harems are so often boring, there's zero tension because you're familiar with narrative structure. So you either change the structure a little, like BokuBen having two first girls, or you pull something off in the story itself where it makes sense for MC to choose someone else like .

TWGOK was a good example, the "first girl" never exhibited interest and had zero romantic chemistry with MC from the beginning, and the entire premise was going through girls like toilet paper, so in the end when he chose one there was some tension, even if it was a little obvious for those who were paying attention.

WRONG!

>not being part of a virgin couple
Most millenials will never experience this. Sad.

why are remfags so annoying?

How about they come up with better drama than, "There are multiple women and the MC is an impenetrable brick so you never know who he likes". Granted Re:Zero isn't that but most things are.

>First girl syndrome
It's actually called "red string of fate". It's some lousy recurring theme in anime based on old Japanese superstition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedStringOfFate

>more like remarkably dull

Crusch deserves better

Why she? Why not Elsa?

Or Priscilla?

I like Crusch's domineering yet approachable personality. She's sensible but doesn't sneer at frivolities, and she knows when to be cold without being a dickhead. Just seems like ideal leader material to me, especially given her competition.

Fuck off Felix. Priscilla > Crusch. Priscilla would be a better leader. The country needs that smug.

Fuck off Aldebaran. Anastasia would be a much better leader than them both. Jews make great leaders.

Fuck off Mimi. Emilia-tan will be the best leader ever.

Let me suck your dick Subaru. And pleeease let me be your 2nd wife.

Fuck off cats, glorious Felt is gonna burn this motherfucker down and you're gonna be wishing you were in a Chinese butcher shop.

Hi Rem.
Hi Felt.

I fucking hate Senjougahara

>Hi Felt.
Don't you mean Reinhard?

After reading the LN for Re:Zero, it was easier to understand why Subaru did what he did.

Also, surprisingly Ousama Game was quite different to this trope.

But that chart is not about who would be the best leader.

I know, it's Pixiv tags (I think). I was just saying she needs more love, because she's got a great personality.

I know it's you, Felt.

Haram is the only answer.

She (and Felix) will get more love if they animate the EX novel. That makes like 90% of their characters.

Thank God, Classroom of the Elite does not follow this chicle line

>Best girl won
I was shocked honestly

>cut off your little fingers
>be free from the fate
>STAND FOREVER AT THE APEX

Yeah, that sucks royally. Not because it is an overused cliche but because very often it is poorly done. First girl usually is the most bland or hostile one depending character archetype and often it makes no fucking sense to pick her over all the other sluts who joined the hunt for cock in the following episodes and are better matches for him.

In Re:Zero's case, only Rem the Waifubait is after the MC's cock besides Emilia. So it's done pretty well.

Manga, LNs and WNs usually have indefinite length. Series starts with a premise, some basic concept, a draft of the general plot and then author continues to shit out chapters for as long as he can. And of course, the draft of the plot will most likely include the winner of the MCbowl. So unless the author has some grand design in mind and purposefully delays the introduction of the winner or lets his story live its own life, girls other than the first ones introduced are just filler characters shoved in to generate more content.
For example - Nisekoi. The one shot included only Chitoge and it was obvious that she was the only girl Komi had in mind when coming up with the idea for the story. Then he added a distraction, namely Onodera and the pendant, that was supposed to act as a speed bump for the actual romance. Just a love triangle wasn't enough, so he started to introduce girls one after another to bloat the chapter count.

The other thing is that this industry is fond of safe developments. The first girl winning is boring and predictable, but also inoffensive and easy to promote.

Right? Below the fucking serial killer. Surprised by that one even after reading your post.

See above.

>Rem is waifubait
Okay, I have never watched Re:Zero because it looks like shit.
What is it about Rem that makes sperg out about her being more "waifubait" than any other girl in any other series?

First she kills the MC, a week later she is lusting his cock and that is all there is to her character.

The first girl introduced (both to the audience and to Subaru) in Re:Zero is Felt though

>that is all there is to her character.
I refuse to believe this is true.

I only ressted 11 episode sof Re:Zero but there was more than that, like the stuff with Ram.

Subaru should have gotten with Rem and continued to serve Emilia as a friend and subordinate (if only because every other selfish election candidate would make an awful ruler). That's a pretty easy solution to the problem you posed. Even if he had accepted Rem's confession it's not as if he should be okay with letting Ram, Roswaall, Emilia, Petra, and all of those villagers he had already risked his life to save die.

Botan end was not that amazing. She is such a meme

Yukinoshita is objectively the least interesting out of the main cast of Oregairu. The standard "muh rich girl problems" shit is annoying. Fucking Haruno is more interesting than her.

In fact it's not true

It is true.

Remfag, you should probably fuck off.

This is only true if you have shit taste and if you don’t understand the story.

And you should stop spread misinformation for then crying to be called out about it, shitposter

>In romantic works
Not in romantic works. In harem.
There is no first girl syndrome, there is actually a multiple girl syndrome. It's the need to keep introducing new girls who lust after MC's cock. Harem is not romance.

My Beatrice holding up 3rd place.

Hell yes, Japan isn't a complete loss (Ram doesn't count as she's associated with Rem)

Not always

You are very wrong about Emilia, Faggot

Guys a Re zero thread is up fi you really want to get redpilled.

>1st girl is the most marketable one
Yes because she's utterly generic and inoffensive.

>and remarkable one
No, she's usually the most boring option. Harem especially is bad about giving you false leads and side characters who are more interesting, entertaining or have better chemistry with the MC but they'll take a back seat to First Girl-chan.

First girl sucks 90% of the time