I will NEVER understand how anyone could consider this boring shit AOTY

I will NEVER understand how anyone could consider this boring shit AOTY.

This show is literally nothing. Six fucking episodes in and NOTHING has happened. Also the music doesn't fit at all and the animation is awful, CGI laden crap. The blonde haired girl is also a massive fucking bitch.

To people who like this: fucking why?

mia had the heart
kemono buddies had the heart
this animay also has the heart

>i have the attention spam of a 12 years old

Go back to your general, Pedro

... and great shows are great. There is no need for another reason.

is comfey

You guys do this every season. Pick some random moeblob show that has no story, nothing special or unique to offer, no compelling anything. But for the sake of being hipsters you worship that show to seem like you're "in the know". This got stale and you're not impressing you're not impressing anybody.

>nothing special or unique to offer,
show me another anime about two people wandering through a post apocalyptic megastructure thousands of years into he future alone
I'll be waiting

OP is a faggot.
Post Yuuris.

ok

Blame?

If you don't suffer from long term depression you probably won't understand the appeal of this show.

>liking things is about impressing people
>on an anonymous Turkish carpet weaving picture board
Maybe other people like things that you don't like?
Take your (you) and leave.

Sup Forums sings One more night when?

Pale Cocoon. Texhnolyze.

I'm two episodes in, and yeah, it's painfully mediocre.
>show treats the audience like a child and explains even the most obvious stuff (pic related as an example)
>no real chemistry between the two girls
>VAs don't fit the tone of the show imo (the same can be said for the character designs, although to a lesser degree)
>way too much dialogue where the characters talk about nonsense
>comedy is supposed to be uplifting and heartwarming but just fails completely
>tension between the characters is either forced (one girl aims gun at the other for no reason) or played down (blond girl burns the book)
Only part I kind of liked so far was the bath scene and the beginning of the first episode
A good premise doesn't necessarily make a good show

It's just another contrarian's choice waifufag show that'll be forgotten

ITT: series women will never understand

You don't understand. There's no use in trying to reason with these permavirgin mongoloids. They want to seem like they're animu masters and impress Sup Forums so they latch on to a boring moe anime every single season just to be special snowflakes.

Po Pa Po Pa Po Pa Pan
As soon as someone starts organizing it.

>Texhnolyze
> two people wandering through a post apocalyptic megastructure thousands of years into he future alone
What the fuck show did you watch? Texhnolyze is about gang wars in a post-apocalyptic slum city.

Both the manga and the anime have beautiful artwork in them. Try focusing on the world itself and not just the "haha hehe it's moving" parts.

Kemono Friends

You forgot
>with commentary on modern society after its collapse through a child's perspective

dont worry op. its impossible for anyone with a tertiary education to find this pile of shit to be intellectually stimulating. its selling point are the philosophical themes, but it presents them in such a hamfisted and arguably bad manner, that only a true fucking retard would consider this to be entertaining. the people who says that someone who doesnt like this failure of a show suffer from some mental disability as well, since thats usually all they can come up with as a rebuttal. doesnt matter if the person they talk to loves shows like mushishi, hyouge mono or slice of life. if you dislike ssr then they will namecall and accuse you of suffering from adhd. its completely ridiculous. not even mia fags were this fucking abd.

>alone
Nice try, and Kemono Friends is shit.

>bad manner
For someone trying so hard to sound intelligent, you sure managed to sound like a moron.

>nothing has happened
the screen showed moving images and your speakers/headphones had sound coming out of them
so by default youare quite literally wrong

ah the classic bait thread.
kill yourself op

please leave or stick to your boku no hero/jojo threads thanks

Dont worry, it fucking flopped it japan

>if you dislike [x] you must like [y] and/or be part of [z]

Can you please keep those rude words to yourself? They are ruining my experience on the internet.

what sort of argument is this even? the problem is that they do virtually NOTHING with the setting until e11 and 12. up to that point the world building is borderline non existent and the show isnt any different from other post apocalyptic anime (or western tv shows for that matter).

i mean i could have said weak, but would that have been any better? not like it would change the point i was trying to make.

>assuming that people who liked this bland pile of garbage watch shonen shit
oh look, the ssr fanbase is back to namecalling.

>non-anime reaction image

you proved me right goodbye

The proper word would have been poor, not bad. There's plenty of other mistakes in your post, which is why I pointed out that in spite of how pedantic you were, you still managed to fail spectacularly at coming across as intelligent.

I agree OP.
Dropped the series at EP2.

Can someone please just spoil me if things pick up or shit gets more interesting? I mostly just can't stand the annoying airheaded blond girl.

Have fun never being able to defend media you like in an adequate manner and always having to resort to the same namecalling tactics.

Gondola: The Anime

They found a dog that can talk, yo

there's nothing to defend against someone who doesn't even deny being a Sup Forumsermin

And eat ammunition and warheads.

>there are people who don't understand the complexities and depth of Yuuri's mind

That sounds pretty retarded. I thought this setting was still somehow grounded in reality?

its fine. i speak 5 languages and simply dont proofread the posts i make on some mongolian fishing forum. but thats soemthing you wouldnt understand, since youre under the illusion that intelligence correlates positively with ones ability to speak [language of my choice], so instead of addressing a persons point, you focus on spelling errors and grammar.

I think it's a show that you either "get" or you don't. I personally dropped it at Ep 6, but I can see why people like it.

At least SSR isnt as bad as Guru guru.

Maybe it isn't grounded in your reality, but it certainly isn't nichijou, either.

Because it's a maserpiece when it comes to atmosphere, scenery and feeling. This show is like a beautiful orchestral song, it doesn't need any lyrics to be appreciated, it brilliantly conveys an unmatched bittersweet feeling of loneliness and peace, a veiled sense of despair alternated to a mild warm smile.

This show may be lacking in some areas but it perfectly executes some others which makes it ten times better than your average anime show with a convulted plot about some evil guy wanting to save the earth by destroying it, boring messages about the strenght of love and hard work and some basic middle school philosophy.

This show is a masterpiece.

We're just fucking with you, it was actually a cat.

there are bacteria that can digest plastic
Just wait till we can accurately genetic engineer in a couple hundred years

its grounded in reality

It's set 1212 years into the future.
And it's not a dog, it's a genetically engineered thing let's call it.

B-but I was the one that said it was a dog, you dingdong.

>defacing the longcat monuments

I finished Kemono Friends
I finished Maid Dragon
I finished Gembutts
I finished Tsuki ga Kirei
I finished ACCA
I finished Inuyashiki
I finished Made in Abyss
I finished Guru guru

I could not finish girls last tour.

This is clearly a dog.

I mean that it goes what has been previously established. If a show introduces a reality where dogs can talk in the beginning, that's fine. However, if the show is supposed to be about about two girls trying to survive in a post-war world, it goes against the audience's (or at least mine) expectations if you suddenly introduce a talking, scrap eating animal.
>genetically engineered
That makes at least somewhat sense

>Because it's a maserpiece when it comes to atmosphere, scenery and feeling.
where does that put shows like mushishi or mononoke? since they are infinitely better than this failed attempt at intellectual televion. masterpiece is as high as it gets, and since ssr infinitely worse it clearly cant be one.

It's not about proofreading, it's fundamental problems. Maybe consider learning English before being a pretentious twat on an English imageboard and coming off like a mongoloid off straight off the shortbus trying to sound intelligent about fucking cartoons.

It doesn't talk, it communicates through radio waves.
Looks fungal to me.

How do you feel about Tatami Galaxy and Welcome to NHK if you think Mushishi and Mononoke are the upper limits of secular commentary?

>another show with generic kawaii girls doing nothing interesting or amusing, just wallowing in their mediocrity and genericness

Sup Forums: OH MY GOD 10/10 WE SURELY WOULDN'T FORGET ABOUT THIS NEXT SEASON WE'RE SUCH PATRICIANS FOR PRETENDING TO LIKE BORING ANIME

>it goes against the audience's (or at least mine) expectations if you suddenly introduce a talking, scrap eating animal.
they live on a gigantic metal megastructure hundreds of kilometers in the sky

Why are you comparing this to Mushishi and Mononoke? They're not even remotely similar in any fashion, you pretentious moron. At least compare it to some like Haibane Renmei or Sora no Woto.

>cartoons made for a japanese audience require the viewer to master the english language before being able to properly discuss them
in case you still didnt realize it, you mentally deranged anglo: language is nothing but a tool. as long as two individuals are able to understand eachother, grammar, spelling mistakes and other fundamental flaws in ones ability to converse are irrelevant.

All hail the might cat.

You're on an English website, retard.

So to recap, this show is shit for "anime intellectuals" and hipsters? I haven't watched it myself but that seems about right from what I've seen of it.

Funny, it comes off the same way when people fellatiate themselves over shit like MiA and Kemono Friends.

Y-yeah!

mfw that is not even the mightiest of cats

It's comfy.

>sora no woto
is this a joke? youre going to compare a show that has character centric episodes with a strong focus on progressing the overarching plotline and individual characters to this? for what reason? because both play in a post apocalyptic setting? well done my friend.

toonami galaxys only appeal are its visuals. nhk is an absolutely atrocious adaptation. not saying the manga is incredible, but it sure as hell is significantly better than the anime. why do you bother to compare either of those shows to the ones i listed, though? they arent similar in the slightest. isnt youre argument that ssr put a strong focus on atmosphere, scenery and overall "feeling" (whatever the fuck that even means)? last time i checked neither toonami galaxy nor nhk actually do that.

Chito is the cat prophet.

Grow up and watch it again, now go back to your shounen shit.

You really are retarded, huh? Did you even watch this show?

It's a multilayered city with autonomous / self-aware robots and shit, user. The cat really shouldn't be that much of a game-changer, the world is very clearly at a different technology level than ours.

> as long as two individuals are able to understand eachother, grammar, spelling mistakes and other fundamental flaws in ones ability to converse are irrelevant
Ya, u kan undrstand wat im typing here, s0 whu cares abot the rest?

If I see someone use this word to describe an anime, thats my sign to stay the fuck away from it.

>g-g-grow up!
Not an argument.

You look kind of comfy too, user

>I don't like this show
>Therefore this show is shit and everyone who liked it is a retard

You need to be 18+ to post in this site.

Ok, I admit the main reason I'm having a hard time watching this is because I absolutely hate any anime that deals with military/war shit. Cute girls and military just doesn't mold well with me. I know some people jerk off to that shit though. I will try one more time to finish this.

>Also the music doesn't fit at all
literally the worst take of all time

apparently i missed both the strong character development as well as the progression of an overarching plotline. all i seem to remember are poorly executed themes, horrible comedy and lackluster atmosphere (particularly the audio direction which did a piss poor job at transporting the dystopian/sad feeling this show was trying to convey)

>Ya, u kan undrstand wat im typing here, s0 whu cares abot the rest?
if you were to make a valid point then why the fuck would i care about the way you type? i am not gonna dismiss your argument because youre unable to converse in my native tongue, either.

I will forever be glad to be able to understand the appeal of slice of life. I feel nothing but sadness for the couple of anons who truly can't grasp how great is this genre.

>tripfag unable to differentiate
figures

alright here goes.

You can use those exact buzzwords for anything that requires more brain than Spicball Super. Now get back slurping your dogshit, fellating over the fact that you are self conscious about your retardness and you won't even try to change that, like somewhat that makes you better.

So much hate for something you didn't even see. Did the author rape your asshole or something?

I'm the guy who called this show a masterpiece and those posts aren't mine. I genuinely don't understand why you just randomly pulled out two unrelated anime, like Girls Last Tour can't be good if Mononoke and Mushishi are good. They do different things well.

>if you dislike this Slice of Life show it means that you hate the entire genre
Dumb, dumber, tripfag

>You can use those exact buzzwords for anything that requires more brain than Spicball Super. Now get back slurping your dogshit, fellating over the fact that you are self conscious about your retardness and you won't even try to change that, like somewhat that makes you better.
That's a lot of projection, but thanks for confirming what I said. Now I know I didn't miss out on anything but not watching whatever this show was called.

>This show is literally nothing. Six fucking episodes in and NOTHING has happened
If you're not op please read his post. If you're the op the consider me baited.

Me too. But what's military here first of all?

Unless it is. I (with my friends) found that most of people must grow up emotionally for enjoying series like this, including general SOL and CGDCT. Many of them admitted that they needed to just grow up.

>MiA: I have to keep watching because I must know what is at the bottom
>SSR: I have to keep watching because I must know what is at the top
I'm pretty simple that way.

>you can't not like show and think it's bad at the same time

>They do different things well.
they actually dont. youre calling this show a masterpiece because of
>atmosphere, scenery and feeling
thats the selling point of all three. there are plenty more shows who do that. now if the mushishi and mononoke are masterpieces (which they arent), then a show that does a significnatly worse job at properly executing those aspects cant possibly receive the same sort of evaluation. even the original kino is better than this, and that should tell you quite a bit.

Yuu is unfortunately stuck in a shit show.

What's not enjoyable about two teenage girls exploring a fucked up world where barely anyone exists and everything is a mystery with some nice music.

Some people just wanna sit down and chill out when they watch anime and this is the type of show that does it.

The guns, the outfits, the setting, the tank

For me SSR has been the most enjoyable show in the past five years and I couldn't care less if people would completely forget it few months from now.

I really want to hear what shows were you're favourite in 2017.