Is Sonic one of the strongest characters in OPM, second only to Saitama?

Is Sonic one of the strongest characters in OPM, second only to Saitama?
>held strong against deep sea king, who wiped the floor with S-rank heroes while still being weak, in his rain-enhanced mode
>had to retreat simply to find a weapon that could pierce his skin
>still guaranteed he would win if he had his sword

He’s probably mid S-rank tier but that’s not very special

No, you baka.
It's obviously [KING]

But he easily fought a monster that wiped some high S-rank heroes.

Only the weakest S-rank.
Sea-king is on par with the Dino-king and he was one shot by Tatsumaki

Did we watch the same show? Because the Sea King was just having some fun with Sonic. It was obvious he was never threatened.

Not really. Sea king got frustrated after Sonic kept on dodging him so easily then got serious when the rain took effect. But Sonic still slipped through and when he realized the futility of it, he made him an exemption from his goal of killing all humans

Is this the most cancerous thread on Sup Forums right now?
>streaming
Yep

Nah, I doubt Sonic could hold his own against Garou or Tatsumaki.

If by strong, you mean powerful. Then, no. Tornado of terror one shotted him, and demon cyborg did better against sea King. If you mean strength. Then still no. Japanese guy that turned black from working out is probably stronger.
Sonic is mid s rank hero.

Sonic would be the perfect tsundere if he was a girl.

Sky-king, who is on part with the Sea-king, was killed by Melzargard who was killed by the 3 S-heroes. 2 of which are high ranking

Forest King was taken out by Genos.

Genos is a mid-tier S-class.

From this, we can conclude that Genos has all the firepower to take out Sea King but is just severely lacking in experience.

Sonic would probably lose to Silverfang but win against Atomic samurai and Genos

>Sonic would probably win against Atomic samurai and Genos
i don't really know, these 3 are in the same category

sonic was fighting with a handicap though

Sea King was obviously feeling impact from Sonic's attacks, and Sonic said he would have defeated Sea King if he had his blades.

Oh sure if you think you are so better than Sonic why don't you beat him? fuck ass

Not that strong but still very powerful. I hate how the anime cuts material and makes him and Snek look weak.

I never have any idea how to read images like this one. Is it left to right or right to left?

So was Sea King by the fact that he wasn't in water. Even just some rain gave him a huge advantage, could you imagine the advantage he would have if they were in the ocean.

There are many that could easily beat him. Tatsumaki, Flashy Flash, Sweet Mask, Darkshine, Garou, Black Sperm, and Overgrown Rover, to name a few.

He is strong and dangerous, but the S class are monsters. Remember that Puri Puri ran through a thick steel wall, Atomic made mincemeat of a sword expert that had already drawn on him, and Genos is a jobber.

SoSS is basically discount Garou.

3|2|1
-------
6|5|4

Genos and Sonic are roughly even. Sonic could probably beat a few S-Class like Pri Pri Prisoner and maybe Tanktop, but he'd surely get creamed by people like Bang or Tatsumaki, maybe even Atomic Samurai and Bat.

In the latest audio-drama, Genos confirms that he's strong enough to beat Deep Sea King post-G4 upgrades.

Honestly, I'd imagine him being one of the Neo-Heroes' aces in the hole, joining them to get revenge on Saitama and Tatsumaki for ignoring him and Genos for matching him. There are plenty of non-heroes that match up near mid-S-rank. Darkshine and beyond are when the S-ranks really become overpowered.

Dumb Frogposter

Frog King is going to be the final boss of the Neo-Heroes arc (finished in 2025 when ONE finishes up his successful follow-up to MPO)

Bat is only strong if he isn't incapacitated early. Enemies like Melzelgald would OHKO him. Garou just didn't have quite enough power to end Bat early.

Sonic can pretty much only match up well against Puri Puri Prisoner and Tanktop Master, both of whom aren't exceptionally strong. Flashy Flash is straight up faster than Sonic is, and more powerful, too. Genos was able to hold his own against Garou, meaning that he's probably actually pretty strong when he isn't jobbing to make Saitama look good.

>Enemies like Melzelgald would OHKO him
But he fought Mezgald just fine and even discovered his weakness. Yes, it was a team battle, but he wasn't falling behind his partners.

After Iaian got his arm torn off, and Atomic Samurai, Bang, and Puri Puri Prisoner distracting him. Bat would've gotten debilitated and killed really quickly 1v1. Remember, Atomic Samurai's disciples are pretty much low-S tier, blocked only by Pretty Mask.

but metal bat, atomic samurai and silver fang can solo melzagard tho

Well, there are several S-class-like non-heroes, like Raiden, that sumo guy that the Neo-Heroes recruited, Bomb, and supposedly Suiryu. Upper-S-class is bullshit OP, but lower/mid S-class can barely take out a dragon-level threat. Meanwhile Bang is capable of taking out 2 dragons by himself, Tatsumaki is capable of splitting the ground in half to bury Saitama, and Blast is stronger than the rest of S-class combined.

>Bat would've gotten debilitated
hmmmm

I mean, in such a way that he wouldn't have gotten his fighting spirit. Garou wasn't trying to tear his arms off. Melzalgald was trying to kill everyone.

It's true. The only counter to King is someone with maxed out perception, AKA Saitama. Everyone else gets tricked by him.

Sonic couldn't even beat Darkshine, so I doubt he could make it past Pig God, Drive Knight, or King.

>Sonic said he would have defeated Sea King if he had his blades.

Sonic is strong but he's also cocky and arrogant. Just because he said he could beat him with his blades doesn't mean he would have.

He even came back with his blades wondering where the monster went to
Are you saying Sonic lied to me? Or that he wasted his time getting geared up and coming back?

I liked that scene