Why was early Bleach so comfy?

Why was early Bleach so comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rk2DNp_SH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was the characters you like but in a show/manga that wasn't quite crap yet, but would very well soon be.

You also grew up with it.

Can't just be that, I only watched bleach last year over the course of a week or two. Was great right up to after the Rukia rescue arc ended. Wasn't completely unwatchable after that (unless you mean some of the filler arcs, fuck the bount arc hard, that shit felt like it never ended) It was just never anywhere near as fun to watch.

Kubo happened.

Lots of cute fapbait though. Like Fairy Tail but with a plot I could pretend to give a shit about.

Early Bleach still had a sense of humor to it that was lost in later bleach. Consider how BAAAAD SPIRITS BOOHAHAHA and the >Don Kanonji is the spirit king was still around years and years after his last appearance (and those were appearances in anime filler.) Kubo was able to keep it running off fanservice fumes, though, which was a lot more than fujo series like naruto had going for it (yaoi pairings, and that was all, Kishi and Kishi's assistants were deathly allergic to hot chicks with big tites.)

If it had stayed comfy, bleach would never have gotten as popular as it did.

Because
youtube.com/watch?v=-rk2DNp_SH8

I want to watch that show!

>Until the rescue arc started, it was a solid 10/10.
>The stakes were not big, but there was a sense of urgency in doing the right thing and fast.
>Characters had chemistry and were endearing. >Even Ishida had some charm even though in the chapter he appears, he fucks up everything because of muh pride.
>Classmates were solic characters, and not being part of the cast that fights made them way more interesting.
>That opening.
>Hollows were more interesting than Shinigamis, Arrancard, Vaizards and Quincy combined
>The Grand Fisher mini arc
>Even as a comic relief, Kon was cool
>Rukia's way of speaking
I could spend all day listing all the great shit that happened until Byakuya and Renji appeared to take Rukia with them.
The Soul Society arc was decent, but no way in hell it tops what every previous chapter managed to do.

>unironically thinking that the start is better than Soul Society

What the fuck are you talking about? It was!

>Massive character dump and the start of Aizen's wild ride better than dicking around Karakura Town with Don Kanonji and beating up bullies and ghosts
user, come on

Ghost Busters in anime high school with kids developing unique skills while more kids where implied to also. What could possibly go wrong?

Because the characters and setting were actually interesting.

As time went on Bleach forgot it was a series about ghosts. It also forgot most of its world building.
Purified hollows are supposed to go to Soul Society, right? So why didn't slain arrancar like Starrk and Nnoitra reappear as prime shinigami candidates?

>Happy People
Everyone was having fun

Because Kubo loves his characters and has an understanding and love for people that shines through.
He's also a fucking genius at fashion and this is evident by how awesome the super powers and costumes and abilities were.

At certain points it was obvious that he was running on fumes and was just spitballing it or having a shit time of it. But he still liked it all.

His only problem was his inability to keep things within his grasp and not be pushed into BIGGER BETTER power struggles.

The series failed because it grew beyond his ability to conceptualize. Maybe he should have taken some lessons from Araki when it comes to fixing powerlevel fuck ups and Kishi when it comes to world building

It was original at first

user, there's no such thing as a purrified hollow.
There's dead hollows and living hollows.
Take Orihime's brother for instance. Do you think he was one of those powerful wandering souls that were sent to/recruited for SS controlled limbo?
Hell no. He's fucking gone.

>The series failed because it grew beyond his ability to conceptualize.
Frankly, I find the Soul Society as a "place" absolutely boring. I would have preferred if they stuck with the world of the living, with Rukia continuing to live in Ichigo's closet.

Soul Society worked way better as antagonists and villains then they ever did as heroes. Before the protags teamed up with them the scope of the conflict was always personal.

Ichigo is saving Rukia because HE wants to go and save Rukia. Afterwards Ichigo is fighting the enemies of Soul Society because he keeps getting dragged into their conflicts. It takes away a ton of his agency as a character.

More grounded, simpler setting, way way waaay less characters so each one could get an amount of focus, simpler easy to follow plot.

Because Kubo wrote is as a perfect "boy meets mysterious girl" series.

>Araki when it comes to fixing powerlevel fuck ups
Araki never fixed GER
>Kishi when it comes to world building
lol
>Ichigo is saving Rukia because HE wants to go and save Rukia
No it was because Urahara told him to.

First arc > Soul Society > Full Bringer >> Everything else
This is the objective ranking

Grounded, comfortable city setting, good fights, and a small cast of characters to focus around. I wish that Bleach never left Karakura and the story progressed the way it was originally going. Menos grandes appearing more often thanks to the main cast of heroes having weird spiritual powers. More shinigami being assigned to Karakura because of all the wack shit. Vasto Lorde's appearing and wrecking shit before being beaten back by Soul Society reinforcments.The Vasto Lordes slowly becoming arrancar due to frequent damages to their masks by zanpakutous. It would've been perfect.

>So why didn't slain arrancar like Starrk and Nnoitra reappear as prime shinigami candidates?
Because anything that's. Gillian or higher is a conglomerate of souls.

Unironically agree with this. Fullbring arc gets so much shit here but to me it feels closest to what Bleach started out as.

>Groovy kids protecting their city from ghosts

>with Rukia continuing to live in Ichigo's closet.

I miss Closet Rukia

>Purified hollows are supposed to go to Soul Society

Probably just more SS lies.

>Soul Society worked way better as antagonists and villains then they ever did as heroes.

It helps that most of them are evil fucks.

>15 years ago
Jesus christ why am I still here.

The only interesting character interactions are in the first part of the series.

Remember when Ichigo was a delinquent who beat up other punks to help ghosts find peace and terrorized gangsters with Chad? Kubo doesn't.

Well yeah.
It's a Limbo that was taken over by evil bastards. It's a soul crushing place that innocent souls are sent to "live" in till they become worth using by the 4 families as foot soldiers rather then letting them be exorcised by the spiritually powerful humans like ichigo or kanoji( who tend to end up dead)
It's only slightly better then hell.
What do you expect?

I wish they went through with SS being an absolute evil,and spiritual cancer that has ruined the natural cycle of souls for their own benefit.
That he would have to fight against them or his friends have to rescue him/start a civil war to keep him from being corronated like the last soul king.

And that was the problem.
It felt like an arc that should have happened before or lead up to the SS arc.
I wisht that it was actually stated that it was a way for ichigo to get his powers back and that it allowed for him orihime and chad to fight on equal terms and gave ichigo some growth as a person.
Throwing in hints that something huge is going to happen in the background and that they're preparring him to fight?

When I was first reading Bleach, SS was the first major plot hole I noticed and thought about. Are there other SS for other parts of the world? Does Rukongai contain the souls just from Japan, or does it somehow hold untold billions of souls despite seemingly to be mostly empty space? Even if it's just the souls from Japan, how is it so fucking empty? Even if SS is just made up of souls from Japan how is the Gotei 13 so tiny? SS was a mistake.

Rukongai is supposed to be retardedly fucking huge IIRC. Like it supposedly takes a few weeks of walking to reach the center.

welll...yeah.
Should have been stated that SS was just a minor limbo dimension that was taken over by the 4 families and left the god level stuff and the hell movie alone.

I want to watch Bleach only for that opening and the comfyness, it was so fucking good. Too bad Bleach is so fucking long and it turned into shit.
I remember dropping it just after the SS arc, i think that was the arrancar arc? That was boring except for the little blondie, she was waifuable.
How many cool arcs did i miss? Or everything was just powercreeping from that point?
Also, Closet Rukia best Rukia.

I dropped at the vampires. The stuff before that totally holds up though. The later stuff doesn't rob the older of it's charm

>don kanonji wasn't a fake
Was that the las great bleach moment?

Araki fixed GER by just moving to a different set of characters. There's no law that says he's the only guy who's allowed to change main characters.