Violet Evergarden

Only 5 more days until AOTY and AOTD contender.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YaDpX40lMHs
violet-evergarden.jp/special/countdown/
youtube.com/watch?v=NqxJ191ecPQ&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I will be very surprised if this is even mediocre. KyoAni has been producing utter trash lately.

It will probably end up being the best looking show of the year but nothing else.

>AOTY and AOTD contender
Yeah, sure, I hope that it will at least be watchable.

Fuck's sake, I'm not even half way through all the shows from the current season and they're already making more shit.

>watching shit as it comes out
This is a meme in 98% of cases. Wait for BD releases then handpick whatever looks interesting to you.

>Netflix
More like Subs Nevergarden

>not looking with Sup Forums
What's wrong with you?

Even when Netflix picked up fucking Kuromukuro it got fansubbed every week, you really think EVG won't?

There are only 2-3 shows per season worth watching along with the rest of Sup Forums, max.

This show has just been far too hyped - it could end up being the show equivalent of Your Name and there'll still be backlash. KyoAni dug their own grave.

>KyoAni dug their own grave
No, no matter how bad it is, thanks to that overhype, it will still sell more than enough.

What has KyoAni done though? All I’ve seen is fags shitposting about this all over the place, but no official promo shit.

>it will still sell more than enough
It will be Fractale 2.0

I loved Kuromukuro. Too bad the ending was shit

It will be just pretty shit.

The subs will be timely. It is the quality that is uncertain.

>yuribait
Off to a shit start

But user Devilman Crybaby comes out tomorrow, not 5 days from now.

>Netflix
>KyoAni

What other redflags are there?

>Yuribait
>AOTY
>Netflix

Come on, user

Its 6 days really. While it will first air on 10ths, expect the raws and rips only at 11th since its when it airs on Tokyo MX and Netflix

>MATURE
Is that KyoAni we speak about?

Reminder that Violet Evergarden is deeper than Madoka!

>AOTY and AOTD contender
Why is this so hyped again? No really, Is there any indication this might be better than your usual seasonal anime other than muh kyonani?

Litterally best type of Chinese cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=YaDpX40lMHs

>Violet Evergarden is deeper than Madoka!

Meanwhile at KyoAni.

They finally got into that "marketing" thing even releaseing the exclusive play shows with VAs like Kadokawa and Bandai.

So it is.

>2000 + 18
>After Shitnibyou 2
>After Kyoukai no Shitnata
>After Phantom Flop
>After HibiKEK
>People still believe in """""""""Award Wining""""""""" LN from KusoAni
Get some brains, folks.

Even if i were a brain eating Zombie, i would not want yours.

Is this your first month on Sup Forums?

>Violet Evergarden
>Devilman
>Sakura Card Captors
>Darling in the Frankxx
>Madhouse SOL
This looks like it's going to be great.

No, but it's going to be your last if you try and act tough like that.

>Violet Evergarden
has no competition
>Devilman
Will be relevant for 1 whole day since airs in bulk.
>Sakura Card Captors
Will make people realize that they grew out of it after few episodes.
>Darling in the Frankxx
Will be beat by beatless
>Madhouse SOL
Madhouse Hibike Euphonium that can olny take off if there are lizard aliens or nazi ufos
>Not listing the trainwreck of the season Killing Bites
>Not listing deep anime for mature people like me Kokkoku

...what?

So what’s the appeal? Is it just the visuals or the pretty girl? Or is it just cause it’s made by KyoAni? I can bring myself to give a shit about any of these things. All I care about is the story, and so far it seems dull.

>Sakura Card Captors

Dont tell you are interested in story if the kind of storys you are interested in are the right

They’re both shit. Give me the visual novel version.

Every year KyoAni holds a self-contained competition to highlight stories written by young and upcoming LN authors. Previous entries have been titles like Chuunibyo, Free! and Kyoukai no Kanata, which KyoAni of course later began to publish and subsequently adapted into anime. However, those stories all only went as far as receiving an Honorable Mention prize.

Violet Evergarden is the only story to actually win this competition.

Kiddie pools are generally deeper than Madoka

Kiddie pools dont shamelessly steal plots from famous works of litteratature and fiction to smear their names by reducing them to mere irrelevant product placement like Urobuchi does.

gg confirmed

>by young and upcoming LN authors
You mean dregs rejected by kadokawa.

KyoAni bought the irrelevant Hibike novel by small local publisher, and made it into hit. Meanwhile Kadokawa and Dengeki churh the 1000ths "battle harem isekai" and even explicitely had to ask people submitting work to them to at least TRY write something not so terrible and generic, but failed still.

Meanwhile with KyoAni, if they like your novel theres almost 100% chance they`ll adapt it into anime - and KyoAni anime is times better than any other LN author can dream since Kadokawa at best will throw poor budget to A-1 to make a QUALITY ride outsourced to north kroeans.

Kyoani publishing house found its niche and established itself pretty well nowadays. KyoAni also adapted Kadokawa works that werent shit - Hyouka for example, but such works only really have chance to shine if they were adapted by KyoAni and no one else (Haruchika as opposite example)

As much as I want KyoAni to stop adapting shit, I kinda lost my faith after Kyoukai no Kanata and Phantom World. When they did Maid Dragon, even if it wasn't that great of a manga, for the first time in years I felt like KyoAni could pull off something good again (if they adapted a decent story instead of some LN bs, of course).

Why are people constantly mad at Kyoani anyway?
Because they made some bad anime?

No. KyoAni never made bad anime.

People are mad because KyoAni did not made anime they want, and no other studio can make anime like KyoAni to replace them.

Oh right, that actually makes sense.
I mean, that did make Free and Phantom World when they could have adapted something non-shitty.

It's a mix. A feeling of wasted potential, studio "fans" that make things even worse, and shitposting of course.

>Free and Phantom World

Funny how you choose it as the worst possible example, except when it's still miles better than most of the generic isekai-harem or whatever piles of shit we get these days

It's just as bad, except that kyoani got good animation and sometimes good directing, but the problem isn't kyoani itself, it's that they're only adapting kyoani-made LN and most of them are absolute dogshit, when they're adapting something actually good, they usually do a great job.

>Free
>shitty
I've never watched Free myself, but from non-shitposters, it seems to be pretty highly regarded.

tl;dr - Not of my tastes != shit

Free is pretty good. 2 seasons on television, two movies, and a guaranteed 3rd season will agree

If you disregard people offended by it being Fujoshi show (also compared to just about every other Fujoshi who having no actual fujoshi content unlike actually gay shows like Yuri on Ice etc.) - it was a decent show, very well animated - but not great, because story was meh.

Yuri on Ice for example, for being offencively gay show, features better story and just have more hooks to actually watch it while Free! feels like K-On with guys. Something females maybe will watch, but boring for rest.

>KyoAni never made bad anime
just painfully generic shit. Hibike is probably their best of these recent years and still I wouldn't call it groundbreaking, far from it actually.

Vivid-Asenshi joint

>Hibiki
>not groundbreaking

Shitposters don't even try these days

Also, ever heard of KnK? No you haven't. Do more search before you pretend to know anything

Why does it have to be groundbreaking? The only complaint i have with Hibike is that it wasnt Hyouka.

>lizard aliens
>implying any lizard alien can top pic related

>just painfully generic shit. Hibike
I watched first episode of Hibike 5 times on day it aired. Litterally, that kind of autism. The way it was crafted - the direction, visuals and especially sound made it rewarding to watch it over and over and over since one just coudnt appreciate all aspects of it in single time.

I still remember shock from how great soundscape was made, the classroom scene with teacher entering and yelling on pupils especially. At very least, KyoAni broke clear ground there - its was first time they recorded it in own audio studio, and it was magnificent. Second "broke ground" was VA work - as opposed to absolute most anime - they made VAs talk in "realistic" manner, which resonated very well with viewers. And for the movie later they even re recorded it to match the standard of S2 (which accentuated it even more) .

One point to mention about KyoAni shows. Its is worth to be appreciated in high quality.

First - if you did not watch KyoAni show BD versions, you did not watch KyoAni shows at all.

Second - they natively produce anime in higher resolution and detail level since long ago when it wasnt even a thing, and if you watch 720 rips of their shows, or in general watch it on unsuited display (notebook screen, phone, whatever) - you are doing it wrong. It is worth watching in maximal possible quality on big screen or TV. Sorry, but with there`s huge difference beetween watching KyoAni pic on say 21 screen compared to 27 inches - there level of detail is just too big.

Third - the sound. KyoAni sound always was great and worth good setup: even Haruhi BDs sound great. You simply cant appreciate it the same on headphones, built in speakers or whatever cheap options. Secondary, starting with Hibike they have plain THE best sound in anime - finally aquiring own sound studio and paying a lot of attention to sound production and quality. You can watch Hibike with black screen just listening to sound, and you`ll feel everything that happening (given your sound system is decent enougth)- its is THAT good.

Official KyoAni countdown to airing

violet-evergarden.jp/special/countdown/

Kyoani is one of the few late-night anime studio that actually put some serious effort on their work. The problem is that they seem to be trying to move a bit into the mainstream these days. I wonder what's going to be left for late-night shows once they've left the field completely

It doesn't have to be, it's just that their best product in years is above average. It does literally nothing new, it brings nothing to the table.

>KnK
Hope you aren't talking about Kyoukai no Kanata, it's the first thing I can think about when talking about Kyoani but I'm probably mistaken because the show was objectively crap.

>Knk
>Kyokai no Kanata is the only thing you can come up with

It's always pleasing to expose a newfag

>needing subs

Right? I mean everyone knows he was talking about Kara no Kyoukai.

>because the show was objectively crap.
There is one thing you are correct about - You are Mistaken.

While KnK had issues with its source novel story, show was by no means crap and combined with OAV and Movies is actually the best love story KyoAni did to date and just a masterfully crafted thread of story that comes together once you finally understand what it was all about. Its "masterpiece in retrospective". Whats great, is all of it was on surface and and made sense, but needs to know it all to truly feel.

The OP is example. Its true Ishidate masterpiece once you understand what it actually shows and context and its relevance to story.
youtube.com/watch?v=NqxJ191ecPQ&t=1s

Every anime is an AOTY contender before it airs though

There is nothing new about the noisy and delusional Kyoanihaters, but the way Kyoani has raised profit and expanded their business spectrum these days proves that their rant is more irrelevant than ever. Must feel pretty shit to be losers, I guess. No wonder they're always buttmad

I know you are trolling, but Koe no Katachi - and its best KyoAni work to date. At least for me, it trumped the Disappearance even.

They'll be Vivid or Asenshi or some other really shit group, but it's not like they can be worse than Netflix subs.

I agree it's Kyoani's magnum opus, but Disappearance isn't that high a bar

The fact that the Chuunibyou, Free! and KnK LNs won any sort of prize at all makes me question the validity of this competition

>I don't read LNs.
It shows.

Oh man you have no idea the average quality of LNs

Oh fuck off, I was thinking about the english title. Anyway I have the manga of Koe No Katachi and I read it way before Kyoani even wanted to make an adaptation. It had a good premise but then it tried to hard to force more drama with every character being a selfish asshole. It's probably better than Your Name but well that's not much of an achievement.

>it trumped the Disappearance even
Looks like we are not on the same page.

Eh, I hated Koe no Katachi past the first 30 minutes but I blame that more on the source material than KyoAni

It's not really Kyoani the problem. It's Kyoanifags that will eat whatever shit they dump and call it a master piece just because it's Kyoani.

>Needing sound

>needing video

Chu2 novels are actually good, dont see your issue with it. Whats more - people on Sup Forums way underestimate its popularity and impact. Its very successful show and the released new movie is just another confirmation of it. Chu2 was pretty much ideal show for KyoAni and all they wanted - a comedy, family and romance show.

Free! still prints money, albeit to lesser degree but still works. There is litterally no complaints to say about it - a decent work in the genre.

KnK novels are meh, but had potential due to decent world building and grim setting. Too bad still were meh written, so KyoAni had to rearrange them a lot for anime - which resulted in a problem since they tamed down a lot of it gritiness, while leaving the novel plot holes. Still Ishidate at least partially salvaged it by least main plot line and character relationship.

If you wanted to criticize, the only legitime questionable novel is Phantom World. Let alone its "generic battle harem", its goes astray in 2nd vollume so its hard to imagine KyoAni will ever make S2 unless rewrite canon.

Meanwhile VEG is a gem. They trully lucked with it and spend a lot of time and effort to not let it shine fully in anime adaptation as it deserves it.

>Chu2 novels are actually good
Stopped reading here. It's generic romcom as generic as it can get. You Kyoanusfags really have no tastes.

>Kyoanifags
Spoilers: The people you see praising K-ON are not necessarily the people you see praising KnK, are not necessarily the people you see praising Free, who in turn will not necessarily be the people you'll see praising VEG.

As much as I hate to say this, the first print for newest volume was sold out.

That's not how you spell Madoka Magica.

>popularity equals quality
Shittiest possible argument, try again

I don't think retarded shitposters can distinguish the differences

Yeah that dude who wrote an essay above you is definitely not a Kyoanifag

Why are you even bringing him up?

Not nearly as well directed though, not with that bullshit composition and flat staging.

Free!! >>>>>>>> Violet Everflopping