Sup Forums Anime Opening Quiz Time

Finally finished this. Time to find out just how knowledgeable Sup Forums is when it comes to openings because this one is hard:

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-ultra

For those who haven't done this before: you play the video, then click the "Play Quiz" button underneath, and you just type whatever anime you see in the video and it will register a score. Keep going until you can't name anymore or the timer runs out. When you're done, screencap your end results and post them here to show your powerlevel.

Other urls found in this thread:

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-ultra
youtube.com/watch?v=9QSvcMZAr_A
sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition/
sporcle.com/games/Johnny/101AnimeOpenings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm to intelligent to watch pre 2010 anime.

Laugh at me

(To be fair though most of these look really old and grimy, I don't feel too bad for not knowing them)

>says most look old
>doesn't even get 1/4 of the recent ones

No shit it's hard. At 2:50 the song is Miracle Rush the first opening for Saki Achiga-hen but the video looks like it's something by ufotable.

Am I still allowed to post on Sup Forums?

I did poorly, but not as bad as you

You know if you click "give up" in the top right, you can see the answers.

But I genuinely wanted to test my "skill"

You can become a mod with that score.

But now people can't laugh at you without checking the results themselves and comparing it to your image. Also, nothing wrong with looking after attempting.

53/100

Yeah, and even when I do I still don't even recognize most of the titles. That's how I know they're crazy-obscure

Fucking love these quizzes, always use them to find new shows even though a good opening is the worst measure of quality.

I miss when we told people to lurk until they had seen at least 200 anime.

OP here, this is how it's done. Reds are what I failed to answer (ones I would've gotten wrong if I didn't make it).
But damn, I'm good at this quiz.

Big problem with this one actually. It's one of the OPs I didn't know and I think I got a dud filename. Hotfix incoming.

Casual.

Honestly that's so funny because I just checked MAL and I have -exactly- 200 entries. I just don't know most of these ones because I only watch GOOD anime

>all these pre-2000 mecha
>no space opera
You had one job, OP.

>no space opera
>no
>space
>opera
user...could you really be this casual?

Neat. There was another 100-ish sporcle OP quiz I saw a while back, but I got around 75 on that (all the older OPs were super well known or popular). Time to be humbled, probably.

Where's NADESICO, Toward Terra, Starship ops, captain Tylor, ge 999, Yamato, outlaw star?
>...
>casual
I don't know where you came from, but if you're staying, please don't write like a retard.

>Where's NADESICO, Toward Terra, Starship ops, captain Tylor, ge 999, Yamato, outlaw star?
Over half were in the previous quiz, and one is literally in this quiz, but you clearly fucked up the spelling. Also, you've still missed at least 4 space operas on this quiz.

I've probably been posting on Sup Forums for a much longer time than you, sunshine.

Current answer stats.

>Over half were in the previous quiz
And how is this relevant to my argument over this quiz?
>one is literally in this quiz
?
>you clearly fucked up the spelling
Unless you consider abbreviations to be "fucking up the spelling" I don't think I didn't.

>I've probably been posting on Sup Forums for a much longer time than you
Sure thing, reddit.

goddamn i suck at this.
>And how is this relevant to my argument over this quiz?
What argument? Your whining about Space Operas? I was ill inclined to re-use the same OPs I did on the previous one I made.

>Unless you consider abbreviations to be "fucking up the spelling" I don't think I didn't.
Try typing the correct title then. Can't make concessions for your abbreviations.

>Sure thing, reddit.
The sign of a sore loser. Not my fault you suck dude. You complain about the lack of space operas and don't even know one of the most noteworthy space operas in anime.

I recognised Mnemosyne and Utawarerumono but couldn't remember how to type them, and while i was searching msn-something and ut-something on google i forgot to type Eden of the East.

>Where's NADESICO, Toward Terra, Starship ops, captain Tylor, ge 999, Yamato, outlaw star?
>Toward Terra
The 2007 series in on the quiz at 14:32.

I'm too embarrassed to post my results. I couldn't correctly name 6 shows and lost points because of it, even though I had watched them. I'm gonna download Armitage III and hopefully feel less like a pleb afterwards.

Why are you damage controlling so hard, faggot?
>You complain about the lack of space operas
Exactly. If you stop being so fucking defensive you'd notice all I asked was why there were so few space opera compared to mecha.

>don't even know one of the most noteworthy space operas in anime
I just mentioned the most noteworthy space operas in anime.

>Try typing the correct title then
Oh I see it now. You wrote it as Terra e... instead of Towards the Terra, despite it being mostly known by its English title.
Nice to see you have consistency in the entries, it should be Ookami to Koushinryou if you're playing the "only japanese entries" game.

>obscure anime
>it's never obscure anime that you watched

>knowing all that but not knowing harlock

>sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-ultra
Didn't we have one of these like 15 years ago when people still used to read manga at MangaOne?

>Exactly. If you stop being so fucking defensive you'd notice all I asked was why there were so few space opera compared to mecha.
Except there are quite a few space opera. Not my fault you don't know any better.

>I just mentioned the most noteworthy space operas in anime.
and you still don't know Crest of the Stars. Embarrassing.

>Oh I see it now. You wrote it as Terra e... instead of Towards the Terra, despite it being mostly known by its English title.
Towards the Terra works fine. This site uses a system that accepts multiple answers, and I made sure to include both japanese and english titles whenever I could.

But by all means, keep crying.

Come on, at least Basilis and hack should be instant, they are easy and classic

I guess I really am a normie. There were a lot I recognized but couldn't pin down, like Utena.

>Not my fault you don't know any better.
>and you still don't know Crest of the Stars.
keep crying.
Great to see you know how to take a criticism.
Welp, this will die in a couple of hours anyway. Better luck on reddit.

The kicker is, I've watched less than half of these.

I value criticism, but you're just stupid and have nothing to add besides mindless whining. Good riddance.

Nice job creating this quiz, OP.
There were openings I recognized but couldn't remember the name.

How can you not get White Album 2? That was really popular here.
Harlock is also a classic OP.

I ran out of time.

25/100
back to Sup Forums

Humble reminder that if you click the timer arrow above the timer, you can switch to stopwatch mode, which removes the time limit.

Didn't cheat.

Fug I knew there was a .hack but couldn't figure out which.

I have a shit memory, so I'm proud I did this well.

Futakoi Alt that low

Thanks. You're still in like the top 10%.

>ancient shounen shit
>ancient shoujo shit
yeah fuck that

>"dot hack"
Oh.
>".hack"
Damn. What was it again?
>".hack Sign"
What?

It was .hack//sign

I stopped there.

>only 20

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

how shameful

>all those shows I remember watching but still fucked it up somehow
Thanks for reminding me that I'm old and slowly forgetting everything.

I wanted to at least get 50% eh. I've seen both Boogiepop Phantom and Crest of the Stars, dunno why I didn't recognize their OPs.

Old anime is hard.

That's what it's called.

Am I the only one who got Hiiro no Kakera right?

I'm a guy btw.

Why haven't you watched School Rumble yet?

It's somewhere on my endless backlog I'll never complete. I'm sorry, user.

I’ll do it tomorrow.

because i spent my youth watching /m/ anime and now im an apathetic animu watcher who struggles to watch current airings

I've always been meaning to watch but never got around to it. Like a lot of other anime.

From 2:50?
I swapped that out for a different Hiiro no Kakera OP because I don't think it was an official OP. Correct me if I'm wrong though because it's one of the few anime there I haven't seen or looked into.

School Rumble is old and /m/ though.

youtube.com/watch?v=9QSvcMZAr_A

I KNEW NUBE BUT IT DIDN'T TAKE MY ANSWER

HOW COME WRITING UTENA WAS ENOUGH BUT I NEEDED TO WRITE FULL TITLE FOR SOME STUFF

I've actually only seen around half of the shows, just recognized the characters.

Something to do with Utena being fairly distinct, whereas 'Nube' is kind of common? Point taken though, I fixed it.

260 shows completed here, I still only got 29/100 on that quiz.

How the fuck did you fail Yawara, Ribbon no Kishi and Trigun? I haven't seen any of then and I knew them.

The absolute state of this board.

>mad dezakifag
Take your shitposting back to the pe-2000 containment threads.

Didn't know the names of Yawara and Ribbon even tho I recognised the characters, and I didn't realise that it was Trigun bc the only character I remember from that show is Vash.

OP here, this is the one I made a year and a half ago:

sporcle.com/games/RustySpider/anime-opening-quiz-advanced-edition/

If you haven't tried it yet, consider it intermediate mode.

I have brought shame upon my famiry

There were two I didn't manage to get the correct name so they didn't count (like the Count of Monte Cristo)
Yay.

Updated answer statistics.

>7.4% rangarok
Seriously? Sup Forums had a hardon for RO and in every thread we had there was people going WE ARE THE STARS, the clip on the quiz uses that same line. I find it weird.

I've watched 250 anime but things like this make me realize I'm not even really an anime fan. I have no desire to watch half of these series, just because they're old or long.

Okay, an increase from 29/100 to 73/100. Evidentally I am intermediate level.

>median is 19%
Jesus christ Sup Forums

>not watching shows because of when they were made
The sign of a pleb.

If that's "intermediate", is there an easy mode?

>the state of this board
jesus christ

What was with that show anyway? I heard it got really weird and bizarre. How does that even work with an anime based on an MMO?

80s and 90s anime are pretty much a dead zone

This one I guess:

sporcle.com/games/Johnny/101AnimeOpenings

Someone posted it on Sup Forums once and it was so easy that it inspired me to make my own.

20/100

I don't know what the point of making it a quiz of the openers. If you've seen the show you'll recognize it. You may as well just have a list of shows that you check off if you've seen it or not.

There was only 1 show that I hadn't seen that I for some reason knew the title and it was bobobo.

I'm mainly a manga guy and have watched maybe ten of those. It isn't really an OP quiz, more like just a "recognize the designs / artstyle" quiz. I'm not sure how all these people did fucking worse than me.

From what I remember they just picked an mvp to be the big bad (dark lord) and the designated wizard to be a crazy old man, the merchant girl gets raped, the assassin half-killed and the huntress sexes him to make him recover faster, there's some mind-break with the aco/priest girl. Overall it was a mess, but somewhat fun with some really cool episodes like when the turned-Sage girl absolutely destroys the Wizard with cast cancel.

sasuga user

29/100

There were a few I missed because I didn't get the exact name right, like Urusei, Harlock, sCRYed, etc. Also recognized Tetsujin but couldn't remember the non-gaijin name, and I couldn't remember what Boudacious Space Pirates was called in time.

Got almost all the old mecha though, that's really all that matters.

Why is Spice & Wolf on top? I didn't realize it was so popular here.

It has a good opener.

S&W is popular as fuck.

Can I keep still keep lurking here Sup Forums?

I actually made an effort to avoid showing the main characters/girls in a lot of them. I think it's paying off.

I originally had Cardcaptor Sakura in this one until I realized there wasn't a single 9-second clip throughout all the openings that didn't show her.

>Boudacious
It's Bodacious.

>sCRYed
This works. I made it so you don't have to enter the exact title for most of them, and included english and japanese titles for whatever I could.

>my fucking face when
Y-your quizzes mean nothing. I'm still an elite.

>I think it's paying off.
But you've probably seen the opener like 12 times at least if you watched the show. You recognize it within a half second. My score would be the same blindfolded.

Not that much of an increase from the intermediate one, only 83/101. I don't know irrelevant action and romance shows from the 00s. Also I typed in both "K-on!!" and "K-on 2", so that last one not counting is bullshit. Anyway, thanks for the quizes OP.

It's not even about the MCs, just the style. Maybe my memory's just weird, but I found myself recognizing shows like Mnemosyne or Tekkaman, which I've never watched and have barely even seen pictures of, on automatic "oh, that's the _____ artstyle" instinct.

Holo is still like top 10 most popular waifus on Sup Forums.