Zelda Anime

Seriously. How the literal fuck hasn't something like this happened yet? Is this truly the worst timeline?

zelda has a story?

Gee it sure is boring around here

Just go watch Princess Mononoke

What would a Zelda anime even be about?

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me princess

>Miyazaki

Watch Arion.

Zelda already had an animated series. And the games have been interactive cutscene games for 15 years now. This is exactly opposite of what Zelda should be. And you have shit taste for wanting more voice acting and timeline shit.

Here's a better series that should be made into an anime.

At least we got the wind waker manga.

Zelda has always been timeline shit since the second game.

Just let Anno direct it and see what happens.

The second game is just the same Link as the first game. The timeline stuff didn't start until Majora's Mask with Koizumi and Anouma. Before that, Miyamoto just considered every Zelda game to be a stand alone retelling of the same basic concept.

And no, Zelda 2 is not connected to Link's Awakening.

>And the games have been interactive cutscene games for 15 years now
I doubt you've played a single Zelda game ever

What? Zelda 2 was a blatant sequel to Zelda 1. LttP was a prequel to Zelda 1, LA was a sequel to LttP, and OoT was a prequel to LttP. How is that not a timeline of stories?

>since Majora's Mask
Nope. The end of Ocarina of Time has Zelda sending adult Link to the past so he can live his childhood normally, splitting the timeline since now there's a Hyrule without the Hero of Time.

>the games have been interactive cutscene games for 15 years now
What?

Only if Link and MIpha get a makeout scene would I care.

Which Zelda would you want to see animated though?

Lttp looks like it could be straight out of an old anime

Which led to the story of Majora's Mask. Which is when Nintendo stated they started considering timelines as a thing. Before that, each game was just considered a self-contained retelling "as if you were listening to your grandmother around a fire."

Old Zelda was 99% gameplay and a few NPCs giving you hints at a story. The games since Majora's have been lots of "go to NPC, listen to 10 boxes of dialogue and story, get quest, go back to NPC, repeat 500 times" with an hour or two of story cutscenes added on top.

According to that image I'd say Breath of the Wild.

Wind Wanker fo sure. I'd rather get a Splatoon animu tho.

Link to the Past

2001 a best
2004 and 2017 contenders

You really want us to choose? You could make good cases for pretty much any Zelda that does more than show up to be rescued at the end of the game.

A link to the Past is the only one that would benefit from having one. all the rest have plenty of cut scenes and the first game is pretty straightforward.

because Nintendo would have to commit to giving Link a voice and personality

Already happened and the outcome was shit, Im glad no second attempt will be made.

zelda has a voice?

>tumblr
>Sup Forums thread
Fuck this gay world.

It'd be easy enough so long as he isn't in the hands of american cartoonists but no matter what there would be butthurt from the fans who want a fun underdog style Link and those who want a hyper-competent autist Link

Can't tell the story of a video game better than the video game tells it.