Stupid tropes you love

>Hero returns from intense training to face the badguys who seemed victorious

Bonus points if he’s changed clothing/hair/attitude

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03qBqP2I4p8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally every shounen ever.

>hero returns from intense training to achieve their dreams only to have such completely and utterly destroyed and be rendered as screaming internally for the rest of their existence

cute girls

>hero gets shit on
>chages clothes
>gains back confident
>puts old clothes back on

>he's still standing just from pure willpower
Gets me rock hard every time

>side-shot of lower half of character's face
>"..."
>smirks
>"Hm."

Character redemptions in general, but TTGL had the best one i've ever seen.

>only to have such completely and utterly destroyed and be rendered as screaming internally for the rest of their existence

Like where?

>adjusts glasses
Bonus points for smug smirk

>When the eyes get covered by shadows

>rivals have to team up against bigger threat

>confident and cool MC tames the bitchy tsundere

guess you loved Naruto vs Pain

Not OP but it was pretty perfect. Naruto had finally done it, he'd finally saved the village.

>dramatically removes glasses

>Protagonist is super strong but always hides it
>Antagonists super arrogant and think they will shit on protagonist
>Protagonist reveals his power level
>NANI!?

I love this shit

Did Commander Ikari start this trend?

>Playing OP during animes climax

Even better with montage of all awesome scenes prior.

Definitely not.

He did start the "character with glasses" covers face with interlocked hands" trope, though.

>Plays OP during climactic fight

I can only tolerate tsundere if she’s paired with a cool headed smartass who treats her like an annoyance.

When tsunderes are paired with beta faggot MCs it just feels like a domestic violence situation. And when they’re paired with hot headed leads it feels like having a bitchy no-fun-allowed shrew around. Love it when beta MCs get paired with friendly big sister types.

youtube.com/watch?v=03qBqP2I4p8 Ending of the last episode has a different song.

Theme songs for fluffy show changes midway through the season into a sadder song reflecting events in show and change of tone. See: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told.

It annoys me there is a severe lack of level headed yet snarky MC's that can pull the dere by force out of the tsunshit.

When it does happen, it does poorly or in the case of Kaze no Stigma, bad luck (dead LN author). Why must we either choose between yurishit or beta and spineless MC's getting paired with tsunshit?

>MC outsmarting the enemy outsmarting the MC

>character that is always in a mask finally has their face shown
>face either has nothing out of the ordinary or is some kind of horrid mutilation

>When someone launch a devastating special attack while screaming it's name

Either the Beach Episode or the Christmas Karaoke Episode

Rock Lee versus Gaara is one of the greatest fights in anime history. Simply legendary.

This doesn't count.

Naruto had a lot of fantastic fights until it just became power levels, honestly the highlight of the series.

When the hero's friend/crush is hurt by the bad guy so the hero get really angry because of the death and unleashes his power and absolutely destroys the villian

>>rivals have to team up against bigger threat

This always got me hyped until I encountered this in real life. Now I hate it.

> Oh, there's a bigger enemy out there?
> And you want me to aside our differences for the greater good?
> No, FUCK OFF

Yeah, I'm petty like that. So sue me.

One ape, weak. Many apes, strong.

Character "titles" like The Immovable Sovereign (Ozen) or The Flame-Haired Red-Hot-Eyed Hunter (Shana)

I only had a few examples come to mind. I can absolutely see it coming off as lazy depending on the set up or how often it's used in a series.

>main character trips and accidentally inserts all 10 of his fingers, his nose, tongue, and dick into 13 different naked girls

Has the villain ever trained to match the heroes training? I always found it odd that once they reach a certain level of strength they just sort of sit there.

>main character seduces a dozen girls with the sheer charm of niceness

I guess it depends. Some might be so powerful that they never felt the need to train because they've created a god complex, some might have reached their peak strength.

>mentor/friend get killed
>MC go and mimic them white fighting the one who killed them
>villain see the dead person begins MC like a stand

All of my fucking hype.

>MC dies at the end of series in a blaze of glory/self sacrifice

This. Huge bonus points if he/she dies with a smile or is happy.
>character gets another characters powers and mimics their stances

Well that's really more to the point of my question. Has there every been a villain who wasn't stupidly complacent or only lost to power level fuckery

freeza did in resurrection f

yeah but that was however many years after the fact?

i dunno does it matter, hard to imagine a context where its closer together. the villain is gonna assume hes stronger until he gets btfo at least once and thats usually it for most villains.

Doflamingo in One Piece comes to mind. I mean, it's somewhat debatable, but it took both Luffy and Law, and Luffy needed a timeout for five minutes.

Stronger sure, but strong enough? That's the whole complacency thing.

hajime no oxygen

>character was such a badass that they die standing or only fall to their knees