youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU
youtube.com/watch?v=-rrrOCor-Eg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CyX6Kf31QDU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0
youtube.com/watch?v=lg3utMSLslk&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Early details from Anime Expo and AnimagiC spoke about the quality of the animation and it's no lie: Violet Evergarden is one of the most visually stunning TV series produced by any company.

before or after?

Both looks good, but display different directional purposes and scene impressions.

Left is bustling lively city where Violet is just a passerby, right is scene focused on Violet showing her alienation and dusk like lighthning highlighting darker emotion. Plus remember, its not stills but dynamic shots with characters moving from foreground to background and camera movement and focus change.

Kyoani is really a mixed bag - I think lots of their scenes benefit from their visual effects, but a lot of scenes suffer along with it.

Good riddance. This board is basically Sup Forums+Sup Forums now. Hell, Sup Forums memes and shitposting are more creative.

Now how long before the muh antichristplex tinfoilers show up?

People often forget that art and effects are not just to be there, but to serve a purpose in scene composition and what director wants to achieve with it, where to focus viewers attention and what to think about.

>he is such a newfag he did not recognize "Mahoromantic" reference and started to sperg about newfags and crossboarders

Yeah, it would stop functioning because of amount shitposting it would get.

I get it, the effects are still cheap looking

If you want right you can simply watch it on kissanime for the same result.

I need to know the context at that scene first. But without the context, I prefer the left one.

Yeah, especially Kyoani.

BlurAni still at it I see.

Given she is in military Uniform, its likely one of the scenes involving her eaerly meetings with Gilbert, who becomes her master she`s obsessed with.

The big recurring theme of Violet in novel is, she persistently focuses on his green eyes ignoring everything else. Thus importance of jewel he gave her.

During the time she met Gilbert she had no association with humans really and not even threated as one or thinking of herself as one. She is alienated murder tool used by Dietfrid and "given" to Gilbert as a present. The only important thing in her live until the moment Gilbert "dies" and she loses hands is the Green eyes of her Lord and jewel he gave her.

Will this actually be the best looking anime of all time

Best looking TV anime - very likely. Though many shows have exceptional bits of animations and key scenes, there is really none that are consistenly as good as VEG promises to be. Hell, most shows cant even compare to Hyouka.

However "best looking" or not, depends on personal prefferences and what aspects of production people value.

If we feed them enough NEETbux they can afford to make the next one even better.

Ah I see, then I prefer the right one, I think. Since the scene tries to make Violet "closes" her eyes from other peoples. Similar to Ishida (koe no katachi) with the cross sign at the faces and Ishigami (kaguya) with the blank faces.

It is not about the money, KyoAni shows never were. Its about scheduling and resources allocated to them in the studio.

VEG was planned for production for litterally at least 3 years, with active phase lasting around a year.

Left looks better. Right looks like an overmoded Skyrim with too much DoF.
There were certain scenes in Koe no Katachi that I felt the amount of editing detracted from what we should be seeing. I'm worried this entire show will be like that.

I think that’s a fair point. You can argue the left is better because it keeps all the drawn detail, but the right immediately evokes a sense of loneliness and isolation that you don’t get from the before image.

The music is really bad, there are other shows with good animation, i'll watch it with low expectations so far is the most hyped show from next season but i suppose that comes from kyoani fans

Ishidate intends to make story of Violet in anime more focused on her progression and "growing up" than in novels.

So when she wakes up in hospital with her arms amputated and Gilbert 'dead', he calls it her actual Birthday and Age 0.

Which is kinda correct, since Violet mental age is small. Before she litterally knows nothing about anything and have self awareness of little kid. After she ventures to gain experiences and learn emotion - and still theres contrast between her young woman appearance, childlike personality and very rational wisdom and deep empathy she gains while still not becoming emotional really.

>Ishidate intends to make story of Violet in anime more focused on her progression and "growing up" than in novels.
Damn, this is my favourite theme. Can't wait to watch this.

The most hyped show is pop team epic though.

One of the first things a friend told me after I showed them the initial trailer was "this music sucks". Not that it was very pretty, not that it looked interesting. They said the music sucked.
I'm glad others agree because yeah that song is crap.

>The music is really bad
youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU

One thing EVERYONE who watched first episodes praises is music. The soundtrack is confirmed to be great. Which is not surprising given the composer being Evan Call. Lantis expects to make big buck with its ost.

youtube.com/watch?v=-rrrOCor-Eg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=CyX6Kf31QDU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0
youtube.com/watch?v=lg3utMSLslk&feature=youtu.be

>It's easy to compare Evan Call's soundtrack to the one that Jun'ichi Matsumoto composed for The Ancient Magus’ Bride; they aim to accomplish similar aims with the shows’ settings and character tales. Having said that, Call's soundtrack was better used in Violet’s episodes than in Magus Bride thus far. The emotional highlights were aided very well by touching music that didn't call extreme attention to itself and complimented the visuals. Accordingly, Ishidate and sound director Yota Tsuruoka deserve extra mention for their use of audio in Violet. Beyond the music, the city truly feels like a 20th century European city. One can hear people walking around, the combustion engine's noise while riding in a car, and horse steps walking in the background. It feels alive in a way that many productions fail to convey to viewers.

Magia was better.

Are you quoting a literal who from ANN?

Is it you?

So it's Nier;Automata made by Kyoanu?

As much i dislike ANN, at least they actually watched the first 2 eps (but were to lazy to go to japan to see 3rd)

Yes

Huge spoiler! Do not click!

Pic is a secret of what Auto Memories Dolls are really

Text translation
>In this work, I am allowed to take over the director of photography.
When reading a novel, I reflect the image of the work that I felt in the image.
This work is by no means flashy, but like the goodness of the work is conveyed to those who have seen
I am producing about the feeling of air, light, water etc.
I think that you can enjoy it because it is a very good work.
Thank you.

If the source material isn't good, visual doesn't matter.

KyoAni writers are hacks.

why are all the soyboys excited for this?

Here are your 25 cents.

>s-soyboy XDDD
You're the soyboy here, faggot.

It's going to be pretentious shit and you know it.

Holy shit that blur. How can anyone like this filtered shit on the right?

It`s like KyoAni knows what triggers haters and posted it on purpose.

That's going to be Fate Extra though

Sadtly, Fate Extra will not be even that.

Looking at newest PV its just Shaft failing prouction scheduling as always and it does not live up even to smallest expectations

It depends on the context, but the right isn't at all a bad choice if you want to bring focus on the character positioned right at the centre. Though it might be a bit hard for the retarded haters and shitposters to comprehend with their low performing intelligence

you tell. Fuckign people wanting to educate KyoAni how to make anime

I wish these looked more like the left image. It's really such a shame when you see the other shows from Kyoani and realize what they can do when they don't cover it up with bad post processing.

Well too bad for you, since KyoAni does not share your sentiments. They are cinema fags and rather than drawing cartoons open a window to 2d dimension and film it, like one would real movies.

There's no way you aren't taking the piss on kyoani. Listen they make great shows. Some of them they go a bit overboard on the effects but shitting on them the way you are is just rude.

Pearls before swines. You dont deserve to be able to watch KyoAni shows.

>You dont deserve to be able to watch KyoAni shows

I'll avoid the threads like the plague and filter everything anyway.

If they keep adding bad post processing effects I won't be able to!

>like one would real movies.
And everyone would shit on the post production of their movies. Literally amateur/film student tier.

So go and make an amateurish production like Silent Voice or better. Who is stopping you?

first of all, what _is_ this

I'd rather not completely butcher a script, thanks.

>Not BIORETTO EBERGADEN DESU
one fucking job OP

Its not her real name anyway. That would be Garnet Spear. Violet is name of a wrong goddess.

VEG just confirmed to be broadcasted on one more channel (making total of 6, aside from Netflix, Bilibili streaming in china etc)

First broadcast will be on 10th, but rips likely on 11 with Netflix broadcast and Tokyo MX

>watch pv3
>it looks really nice
>the music gets intense
>get this intense feeling of sadness
>tears start rolling
I feel like i'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment.

None of the PVs really show what VEG is like and about. KyoAni makes good job not to spoil much.

So while setting up yourself for disappointment is wrong, unless you read novel based on PVs you are not prepared to what VEG will really be like. Preconceptions based on PVs and sinopsis do nothing.

Just note that show is rated Mature on Netflix and despite focus on Violet in all promotion, the best parts are not about her as she is merely an observer and walking typing machine.

How yuri is this?

okay, so just one thing, is the story emotional? that's all i want from this, really.

>post-Hyouka
>being hyped for Kyoani anime

This is the extend of how yuri it goes. Violet drinks tea with Lux Sybil and Cattleya and thats about it

Same can be said to people expecting romance. While its element of plot its just that, element, one sided and unfulfilled since for majority of show the "romantic interest" is believed to be dead.

It is emotional. However its heavy and does not pull punches. So expect not mild melodrama, but heart wrenching stuff.

>heart wrenching stuff.
you saved my expectations, user, have some shinku

Look at this animation. How can other studios even compete.

>download VS streaming

You can't be serious. If you are, please see a psychiatrist. You might be suffering from some sort of mental illness that makes you overly emotional.

>So expect not mild melodrama, but heart wrenching stuff.
Translation: don't expect typical soapy shit, but over the top soap opera melodrama.

>Stinku
>JUM POAR THA TEA

You mean ball bearings painted to look like pearls.

To be honest the darling fra staff is fucking stacked. I don't think violet will be able to beat it

5 days for a, perhaps on purpose, overhyped Sup Forums show.
What could go wrong?

>What could go wrong?
Did you see the Devilman thread? This will be 10x that.

Daily reminder that all haters are part of a smear campaign by both Disney to attack Netflix and promote their own streaming service and by Aniplex to attack the competition. It is an objective FACT that they pull this kind of shit all the time.

But VEG is actually good and not Sup Forums bait by hack director.

Both haters and people who "love" this are puppets of a certain 3 letters agency that likes to shit on popular anime here.

I loved Haruhi, K-On, and Hyouka, but I was let down by Chuuni (meh) and Tamako (everything that SoL shouldn't be), and then didn't really have any expectations of Hibike (obnoxious) or Kyoukai (decent, but not amazing) for KyoAni to fall short of.

It'd be great if KyoAni could bring back the hype in full force, but until they do, I'm not getting my hopes up.

>Tamako (everything that SoL shouldn't be)
Tamako was a goddamn masterpiece fuck you

Love Story, yeah I agree with that. The original series, not so much.

Tamako was a fucking turd. SoL lives and dies on its characters, and Tamako's characters were passive and generally really boring to watch, save for that obnoxious bird.

Both of them are 10/10
All Love Story did was finish the story laid down in Market.

Dera is a pleb filter

>save for that obnoxious bird
Fucking hate it

>Sup Forums doesn't like and spit on the most stunning piece of animation ever created without even having watched the first episode
I don't know what I expected.

>I don't know what I expected.
More shitpost?

It is the normal pre season KyoAni show. Why are you confused?

Best TV? Very likely, it probably has an unprecedented budget (VEG has the support of both Chinese and Netflix), with the added benefit of having mature modern technology assisting production that earlier big budgets that did not have.

In terms of anime in general, obviously not, the big theatrical releases nowadays all have exceptional graphics, for example, the movie heaven's feel's battle scenes have to be seen to believed, they are fully 3d with dynamic camera despite being drawn in 2d styles.

lately i've been thinking i'm to emotionless, actually, but thanks for your concern user
DELETE THIS

Help, I can't find proper black values anywhere in these images.

KyoAni does best TV since it does everything in house.
KyoAni cant compete with other studios in Movie quality (when top studios like Sunrise actually give a fuck), because it does everything in house.

A noname studio can make great looking movie by hiring 100500 famous freelancers and outsourcing work. KyoAni has to rely on itself.

>it probably has an unprecedented budget
The budget meme always gets me. Kyoani works on a below average budget mainly because they are at kyoto. An unprecedent budget would be a normal budget.