What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQi56q1h5N0
youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA
youtu.be/CPgn9JP_6-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 8th or 9th remake of a 60 manga made by the creator of Mazinger Z. This version is a little more crazy and less edgy that the other ones.

A masterpiece that saved anime. Yuasa nails it once more.

>less edgy

The mc comes home to find his waifu's head roasted on a spit

The fuck could the manga have that could possibly be edgier than that?

The slaughter in the club was a lot worse in the manga along with a few other things.
The sequels are also significantly more edgy again.

The impaled decapitation is from the original 60s manga. (It was very edgy) Pretty much every death is way more grusome in the 90s remake.
youtube.com/watch?v=LQi56q1h5N0

>Gruesome deaths

Holy shit. They didn't lie with that title.

I dunno, I think the fact that it's Akira's mother that dies instead of that random little girl made it more brutal. Besides that I think the sex was more explicit, I don't believe any sperm was shown in the manga.

Which adaptation is this? I thought the best we got were the two OVAs, but those didn't cover the ending.

well yeah but the whole series felt more cartoonish that the previous remakes. the violence doesn´t feel that impactfull.

Yeah, but the OVA version of Jinmen was much more effective with the "i 8 ur mum" thing. Although the little girl coming to realize that she would rather die completely than allow Jinmen to live feels more severe than a mother who would die for her son without there being a turtle.

evangelion ripoff

It is circular.

somebody should make the side by side comparison of the ending with the two characters in the ocean and the hand with jizz.

parasyte ripoff

toky ghoul rip off

>that second one
What the fuck. Why is this a thing?

90s vhs animes where edgy. And the source material is trying to be as dark as possible.

pain and suffering.

When did Sup Forums become filled with mickey mouse pussies?
is it because devilman attracts tumblrfags?

Probably just gen Zers who can't recall how commonplace gory 90s ovas were

Is just times changing user back then blood and violence attracted the interest of anime fans since the early 2000s Moe replaced violent animes. maybe we could make an especial "own the edge" recomended list for the youger anons that where born after the 2000s.

Give me the soundtrack and nobody gets hurt.

youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA
Why wasn't this the opening?

amon: apocalypse of devilman. never was released officially outside of japan for some reason.

youtu.be/CPgn9JP_6-0
The '72 anime wasn't exactly faithful to its source material obviously.
I liked how they incorporated that into Crybaby though.

Anime violence is not the same as it was back in the day, son. I enjoy my guro like any other person but it's been a while since I've seen any animated.

>Be Devilman who lives without Satan in your world
>End the show riding on a motorcycle with Miki who understands you after killing God

>Be any other combination of Akira Fudou or Amon with Satan existing
>Lose your legs and lie ded next to the only living being left

It is literally all Ryo's fault.