Let's talk about Japanese story telling

Let's talk about Japanese story telling.
Something I often notice in anime is that the central conflict revolves around a force that believes in freedom and has hope in humanity who goes up against a controlling force that's afraid society will get worse without getting pushed in a direction.
It's a bit hard to put in words but you see it all the time in anime.

This plot is prevelant on western stories as well. Freedom v. control is a conflic as widespread as good v. evil.

Rebelling against an oppressive, controlling force also speaks to a lot of anxieties the target age bracket of shows/manga like this would have as well.

thats every story ever

You only notice it because it's more pronounced in Japanese kids' shows. Because Japanese kids seriously need to actually rebel a bit, god damn.

>implying wageslaved nip adults don't feel like a bird in a cage

They make this stuff for kids specifically because there's still time for them to change. The adults are ruined for life.

Didn't take long for this to turn into bitter expat general.

Because it's one of the four great fears of humanity. One of the four worst possible results.

The first is extinction, lost of life.
The second is loss of individuality.
The third is loss of freedom.
The fourth is stagnation, loss of progress, where the race as a whole grinds to a halt and stops moving forward, as if locked into stasis.

These are the worst possible outcomes imaginable for the human race as a whole.

You sound like an edgy 15 year old, you should probably do something about that.

Am I wrong? If you need some massive plot device that threatens humanity as a whole, what's easier to use than those basic scenarios? It's easy to use and easy to understand.

You forgot moving backward...

individuality is a dumb new age meme that's resulting in nothing but deterioration of society and internal wellbeing.

>humanity
You mean the w*st you disgusting chauvinist.

Nah, that's "my individuality is better than your".

>Socrates, the new age hippie

And this, my friends, is why Sup Forums is truly the enemy of the human species.

Moving backward is fixable. It's happened a couple of times in human history, most notably the fall of Rome. It took a while, but things ultimately got better. The same can't be said for the other cataclysms in that post though.

Not just "society", but knowledge, technologically and the like.

>most notably the fall of Rome
still on the middle ages were the dark ages meme uh?

>he doesn't know that /leftypol/ are the ultimate collectivistic fags
And this is why Sup Forums, despite being megafags themselves, will always be proven right.

so Sup Forums is both left and right?
That is some quantum shit nigga!