When is our king going to get the anime she deserves

When is our king going to get the anime she deserves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QtSvXiMIGuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hopefully soon.

She already did, what are you talking about?

deenshit doesn't count

When she grows a pair of properly large boobs, and not a moment sooner.

Fate route would be too underwhelming after HF has finished airing. It'll need to be a really good adaptation.

A ufotable fate route adaptation would be the perfect mix of comfy and action.

Never, because Fate doesn't contribute anything new to what we already know of FSN. If done, it'd be purely to cater to Saberfags.

I disagree. I think a fate route would give Saber the character development she never gets in Zero or UBW and would also animate the central romance plot of the franchise.

Fate route if polished has potential to be great.

So just like HF?

>I think a fate route would give Saber the character development she never gets in Zero or UBW
What character development? Falling in love with a japanese ginger in less than a week? Or said ginger constantly lecturing her on how she should cope with her past while reminding her for the 50th time she's a woman?

>and would also animate the central romance plot of the franchise.
Their romance hasn't been central to the franchise for a long time, and there's not much reason for it to be. FSN has other two heroines for a reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=QtSvXiMIGuc

>said ginger constantly lecturing her on how she should cope with her past while reminding her for the 50th time she's a woman
I don't follow.

But she's already in one.

HF explains why the grail is corrupted, the Einzberns connection to Angry Manjew and Justeaze, and is the route where the grail war ends for good. Also, it serves to give resolution to Kirei's character development going back from Zero, something that didn't happen in UBW. And I guess it gives some resolution to Sakura's character too, but see if I care.

Nevermind, I'm not fond of HF that much beyond seeing more based Kirei, but it does contribute new content, more than Fate at least.

Oyakodon when?

>Their romance hasn't been central to the franchise for a long time
But it is. Merlin kicks Fou out of Avalon to find beautiful things, which led to it not becoming Primate Murder. Merlin's reason was because of seeing Artoria finally be content with her life, which is caused by Shirou.
Nice quints though.

Totally irrelevant to other routes, Zero or HA.

Yeah this is basically best case scenario for Saber. Happy carefree life where she gets to eat Shriou's cooking and everyone is alive and happy for inexplicable and unimportant reasons.

>HA
Nasu said he wrote a key scene as a continuation of Fate.

No one cares about saber.
She's just a souless icon that has no real weight what so ever.
They can completely take her and all of the saber faces out of the franchise tomorrow and nothing would change at all.

We're talking about the franchise, which means every Fate ever including F/GO.
And besides, neither UBW nor HF is relevant to Zero, every route is important in HA, and Fate route itself is important in UBW since you need context to understand why Archer complains about Saber. In HF Saber becoming a vilain is an important point that requires you to get attached to Saber to sympathize with Shirou.

>Merlin's reason was because of seeing Artoria finally be content with her life, which is caused by Shirou.
The romance with Shirou is self-contained in Fate and is not relevant in any other route or side material. At this point it might have not happened at all.

Fuck you mods

He is the true king

>Saying this when GOA exists
Uh...user

>neither UBW nor HF is relevant to Zero
But they are. Zero sets the grounds for:

> The Matou's treatment of Sakura (relevant in HF)
> Kirei's unraveling of his sadistic self (relevant in all routes, but given a resolution and explored further in HF)
> Kiritsugu and Shirou (relevant in all routes, but most important in UBW)
> The true nature of the grail and why it came to be tainted (most relevant in HF)

All of the reasons why you should care about Saber and her struggle were already explored in Zero. In fact, Zero already played the role being the introduction route that Fate originally was, which is why it's not necessary for it to be adapted anymore. We already know most of the "twists" Fate had in itself via Zero.

Also, Saber/Shirou hasn't been relevant to any of this. Saber's issues has already been explored without having Shirou involved romantically.

>At this point it might have not happened at all
Maybe, but you can't deny that her time with Shirou is what caused her to change her views. And you'll only get why by reading the Fate route. None of the other routes fully explain Saber's problems.

Man, why do you fags hate Saber so much? Saber x Shirou is one of the most important things in F/SN, since it was pretty much just a genderbend of Prototype's Arthur x Ayaka.

>tumblr

So this...is the...power of...gilfags...

Can't argue with quints.

I'm not invested in this franchise enough to eat up whatever side material comes out. I'll stick to the VN, thanks.

>All of the reasons why you should care about Saber and her struggle were already explored in Zero

Zero made Saber a dumb punching bag, chivalry freak who kept screaming about muh honor and muh chivalry like a retard even though in her life she was ruthless as fuck and ignored that shit.

Zero Saber sucks.

>it's not necessary for it to be adapted anymore
Not really. You won't get the full F/SN experience without adapting the very first route. Zero Saber is shit as the other user said, UBW Saber didn't do much since it was all about Archer and Shirou, and HF Saber instantly dies.

>Maybe, but you can't deny that her time with Shirou is what caused her to change her views.
Nobody's denying that. All I'm saying is that you can give a resolution to her issues without getting Shirou involved romantically. It's rather annoying seeing her being reduced to an emotionally dependent love interest who can't come to terms with anything without Shirou holding her hand at all times. She's much better when they're just friends.

>Saber's issues has already been explored without having Shirou involved romantically.
Explored isn't resolved. She takes a backseat in UBW and doesn't change near as much as she does in Fate and she gets pretty much no resolution at all in HF.
Zero also made her incapable of justifying her choices in life to a pair of dudebros who ruled/conquered for the fun of it when she dedicated her life to a cause that was fucked from day one.

She already got it.

>Doesn't knows about side material
Then why did you speak of it as if you knew about it? Are you retarded?

Well. GoA is about Saber's backstory and it's ending is basically Merlin being giddy about what Saber went through in Fate.

>It's rather annoying
Why? Saber in her life was a completely emotionless robot just like Shirou. You're thinking this wrong; both Shirou and Saber need each other. Shirou came to terms with his past just like Saber in the Fate route.

>Zero made Saber a dumb punching bag chivalry freak who kept screaming about muh honor and muh chivalry like a retard
I agree. But can't be helped when Urobuchi's around. However, it IS a prequel, and you can retroactively take Saber's attitude in SN as a development from her experience in Zero.

Are you confusing Sakura with Saber? Because even though they love each other Saber and Shirou never enter the sort of relationship where Saber depends on Shirou for everything. Rather, in the end, she accepts going back to her past to finish her duty as the king because she put being that on top of being a woman. And Shirou understood.

>Explored isn't resolved. She takes a backseat in UBW and doesn't change near as much as she does in Fate and she gets pretty much no resolution at all in HF.
Because spending a week being lectured by some kid she just met is an amazing resolution? Being lectured by Gil and Iskandar looks slightly better in comparison.

>Urobuchi
By that reason alone you can't take Zero Saber as an expression of who Saber is supposed to be. Urobuchi is a hack bigger than Nasu.

>and you can retroactively take Saber's attitude in SN as a development from her experience in Zero.

It's a very roundabout way of doing so. It basically takes King Saber who was very ruthless and direct, dials that character back down to a naive Knight who believes in muh honor and muh chivalry, breaks it back in King Saber in time for her route to start.

Oyakodon where one of the ingredients is spoiled just makes it trash.

wtf? saber happy with shirou and rin as a pet maid isn't good enough? she accepts the threeway and lives happily ever after, unchained by the status quo of society. True happiness

If you're into cringy stuff like that, well fine. No everyone likes watching Saber being stripped of her autonomy in favor of making her a love interest.

I was gonna refute your shitpost but then I saw quints of truth.

You act as if she didn't lecture Shirou a lot as well. They basically lectured each other because they weren't basic functioning human beings and tried to make the each other act like one. In the end, it wasn't needed.

Zero and UBW exist, probably two of the highest quality anime produced. The slut has it better than any other character.

Excellent.

Think your interpreting their relationship wrong. Saber changes not because she falls in love (though that does help) but because A) Shirou insists on her trying to live outside the role of a servant and therefor outside the role of the king she has forced on herself her entire life which leads to her actually getting some experience living outside of duty (She doesn't even know how dreams work when she's talking with Bedivere) and B) he provides a fucked up mirror to her own dedication in life, allowing her to see parts of herself from an outsiders perspective.
They argued/debated as much as she lectured and his arguments carried more weight with her than Gil/Isk because those two were kings and heroes for themselves and had little in common with her personality. Shirou's arguments come from someone who is just as selfless and dedicated as she is.

How does being a love interest strips her of her own autonomy? You do know of her choice to go back to her time in the end regardless of her feelings for Shirou, right? You do know he accepted her decision right?

The only time in the main series Saber is stripped of her autonomy is when king autist Kiritsugu orders her to destroy the grail against her will and when she becomes Alter.

>the slut
y-you take that back now!

long live the king

>Because even though they love each other Saber and Shirou never enter the sort of relationship where Saber depends on Shirou for everything
I said she's emotionally dependent. That means she can come to terms with anything without turning to Shirou first. It says a lot when her development is completely stunted in other routes.

Ask me how I know your a gilkek

Wait for Grand order Camelot OVA.

Needing to meet someone like her in order to be able to develop is not a demerit. It does not make her "emotionally dependent".

> It says a lot when her development is completely stunted in other routes

False. She does develop somewhat in UBW by watching Shirou and Archer fight and relating their situation to her.

Lion King =\= Artoria

literally the worst character of her respective series

>Needing to meet someone like her in order to be able to develop is not a demerit.
True. Needing a kid you just met to lecture you constantly and preaching about how you should live, with you being incapable of reaching that conclusion by your own merit, does.

From the thumbnail I thought this was a giant Saber breaking through a wall a la SnK.

why the shiroufags are so insistent with the ShirouxSaber, Nasu even said that it was an absurd and unfounded relationship just to please takeuchi.
this

Read the VN secondary.

More like why are you fags so insistent on hating ShirouxSaber. There's literally nothing wrong with it.

Still think Redman is "Cool"? Middle aged, has a mullet, poor life choices. Stop looking up to "heroes".

When I say she's stripped of her autonomy, I mean that she's stripped of her own capability to solve her own issues without needing the interference of other people. Which is something that happens full force in FSN, where unless Shirou gets involved she never gets resolution to her problems.

When your character is stripped of the ability to reach a conclusion by their own merits, needing someone else in order to do it, you're taking away their autonomy. Why Saber NEEDS Shirou to gain a conclusion to her struggle? Why can't she do that by her own power? Notice that it's completely fine that she uses her relationship with Shirou to help herself in the process, but another thing is to not do anything until Shirou gets involved. Which happens a lot in Fate.

>Why do people insist on the canonical romance between the main heroine and the main protagonist of the series

I like it though, just not as much as his original design

>Saber with big boobs
This is what Saber should've looked like right from the start.

there is literally nothing good with it

long live the king

Needing help from someone in order to evolve is no shame. A man isn't a island and people need to depend on each other to live and grow up.

And "that kid" was someone who was extremely similar to her and who was on the same path she chose to follow through. It's no wonder he was the first to understand her when nobody else in her kingdom did.

>Middle aged, has a mullet, poor life choices.
Sounds like he's /ourguy/.

Regular saber literally stopped aging at age 14, which is why she looks like that even though she's mentally 30

Boob Saber is just her physically being as old as she is mentally.

It was a perfectly average anime for the time it came out.

>Nasu even said that it was an absurd and unfounded relationship just to please takeuchi

>Relationship the VN was originally based on
>Something to pander Takeuchi.
>No citation

>Regular saber literally stopped aging at age 14
Clearly this is just a plot device that let Nasu make her a chestlet. What a disservice to a good character.

user, Saber with complete autonomy is a fucking dumpster fire of a fuck up that can't even carry a damned OVA.
Saber without Shirou in the immediate vicinity either as the guy who plows her or the guy she protects does not and can not work as a character.
Hell, the Fate route isn't the absolute worst route only because fucking Heaven's Feel exists.

When her mother gets involved.

Can't have big tits.
She has to be a manly bulldyke with canon magical futa powers who people easily mistake for a dude...in a battle skirt...or her entire existence will not work on any level.

>for inexplicable and unimportant reasons.
It's post-HF?

Shirou dies in HF.
It's about a broken puppet body that's filled with the shards of shirou's soul who's been brainwashed.
It's a horrible story.

>user is trying THIS FUCKING HARD to insert his futa fetish into a character that is canon straight (turning an IRL male king into a Nasuverse female aside), AND claiming the character doesn't work without being futa
Your desperation is clear, user, but it still fails, like futa always does.

>People
Only shiroufags care about another anime of FSN fate route, real fans are waiting for new things like HA or the extra saga no more shirou emiya shit

>Saber changes not because she falls in love
But that's the very basis of Fate.

>Shirou insists on her trying to live outside the role of a servant
This is what I'm talking about when I say she needs Shirou to essentially force his views on her for her to have any development. Even if it's well-intentioned, it takes away a lot of Saber's own capacity to do those things herself.

>Shirou's arguments come from someone who is just as selfless and dedicated as she is.
She's getting lectured by a kid she a) Just met a couple of days ago b) does not have as nearly the same life experience she has c) has carried a relatively normal life since the fire, thus making it more ridiculous he thinks he can lecture motherfucking king of england d) even if Gil and Iskandar were assholes about it, they're kings as well and had similar experiences to Saber, and are MUCH more qualified to lecture her than a japanese ginger

And I will remind you that Saber never had the initiative to talk about her past with Shirou, and he only knew of her problems because he kept accidentally peeking into her past. So it's even worse, because there was no real communication between them.

>When I say she's stripped of her autonomy, I mean that she's stripped of her own capability to solve her own issues without needing the interference of other people

But she always lacked the capability of solving the issue of hers that is solved in Fate route by herself though.

It's part of the reason Camelot failed. Part of the reason her role in Zero was a dumpster fire.

>When your character is stripped of the ability to reach a conclusion by their own merits, needing someone else in order to do it, you're taking away their autonomy

What you are saying is that a character absolutely needs to develop on their own and they can never depend on other because that takes away their merits? That makes no sense.

>Why Saber NEEDS Shirou to gain a conclusion to her struggle? Why can't she do that by her own power?

Because she needed to look into a mirror and see someone like her about to go in the same path and not regretting it in order to understand what she needed to do.

>Notice that it's completely fine that she uses her relationship with Shirou to help herself in the process, but another thing is to not do anything until Shirou gets involved

She ends up changing and developing when Shirou gets involved because for Saber herself at first, there is nothing to develop. She doesn't sees her wish as a mistake and she deeply regrets her time as a king. She thinks she is right.

Except he doesn't, you don't understand shit about the plot points at the end of the route or are just shitposting about it. Ilya used Heaven's Feel to repair his broken soul and tie him to the world long enough for Rin and Sakura to create him a new vessel. Brainwashing was never part of it. Puppet body works 100% like all of Touko's dolls, Rin just says it needs a little adjusting.

Please learn to speak proper english before you come shitpost here

>He is not a fan of Shirou
>2k18
Laughing at you.

Sorry my bad, I meant post-HA, since all the servants are alive in that.

>only shiroufags want more FSN, real fans want HA
>when HA has TWO Shirous