Violet Evergarden

Is this first instance of 'Oscar Bait' in anime?

It looks to me like it's going to be praised simply because KyoAni has thrown as much money as they possibly can with inflated line counts and unnecessary animation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-pW6m0zi3KE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>unnecessary animation

Yes, animation that is unnecessary given that it is often a background element that will never be focused on

> Is this first instance of 'Oscar Bait' in anime?
What is literally every Ghibli film.

So, in your stupid opinion, if there's a scene on a street, there shouldn't be any car (or people) passing by in the background because it'd be unnecessary animation. What a retard.

>le budget meme
Learn how animation production works before you make these retarded threads, you fucking brainlet, and there is nothing dumber than people complaining about good visuals in a visual medium. From my experience it usually comes from fanboys of shitty studios or shitty anime.

It's usually shounenfags who are envious that shitty SoL shows tent to have better animation than their shitty action shows.

I will never understand why people spread hate against passionate creators pushing an artform to its limit.

KyoAni always finds a way!

People used to call it forced animation back in my days.

no wonder most people on Sup Forums already moved to Reddit, shitposter be like :"kyoani is shit because their anime are too animated"...

>'Oscar Bait'
>thrown as much money as they possibly can

For something to be Oscar Bait it needs to depict one of the following:
>WWII and /or the Holocaust
>The horrible daily lives of people living in a third world country
>The hot topic of the moment, be drugs, HIV/AIDS, racism, etc
>A disabled individual succeeding thanks to disability superpowers
>An artist's (painter, writer, journalist, etc) self-destructive spiral full of alcohol, drugs and homosexual sex.

Does Violet Evergarden have any of the above?

>Mahoromatic: Stenographer
>Oscar bait

ELL OH ELL

>WWII and /or the Holocaust
iirc the setting is something similar

oscar bait imo is good for anime, can you name any other show that looks like a triple A modern Hollywood movie?

>pushing an artform to its limit.
So, you’re saying Transformers is the pinnacle of western film because it has the best CGI in the industry?

There is nothing done in Evergarden that is revolutionary, just better paid artists getting more time to draw more shit as a result of a bigger budget. More budget = more frames, that’s literally all KyoAni has going for it.

Any studio could do something like this, provided they’ve got Netflix bux and a long production schedule, prove me wrong.

>oscar bait
>unnecessary animation
I see that mods are either asleep or too busy sucking nigger cock.

>That blurry background
Disgusting

I mean it has a source material and all anyone hypes it for is how pretty it is. Real award bait has to have other things going for it.

>be like
>reddit
g8 b8 have a (You)

>war veteran robot learning how to be hooman
Pretty sure

Violet Evergarden is English Patient of anime

9 oscars, karl!

>every studio can do what kyoani does, but non ever does
hmm

The world will witness the true power of forced animation

>KyoAni has thrown as much money as they possibly can
What money? These post processing effects are literally just few clicks in a video editor. It's the same generic kyoanus style and has barely animation. Framerate is so low actually that it's not perceived as motion.
This anime is shit.

>visuals are so good the complaints now boil down to "but it's TOO good!"

>good looking = Oscar bait
Kill yourself dumb Sup Forumsfag

>VEG thread already got archived
>a new one pop out

i like kinoani just like everyone else,but can you guys slow the fuck down?

They're being paid to promote it

More like shitposters are being paid to burry it. Since you are in thread created by hater with bait OP.

Wow shitposting on Sup Forums, must be people being paid to do that! Go look at the other thread and try to say there isn't actual shilling going on.

It's almost like other studios don't get fuckhuge inflated budgets

>kyoani
>budgets
>being this much of a newfag

here i fixed it

Blame! looks pretty good

It's a TV series, so the best it could do is an Emmy.

An old man peddling his pedophilic fantasies and environmental agenda?

>people literally, unironicall complain about too much animation in anime

OH NO NO NO

Darling Franxx is already confirmed to sell over 10k, do you think Evergarden will sell more or less?

Forced animation describes something else entirely actually and is a thing. Ironically, the first popular referential appearance is not KyoAni, but actually Shinbo`s Nanoha

Less, it doesn't have an established fanbase and most people will drop it after the first few episodes because it'll be too slow and melodramatic

I don't think both shows has what it takes to get past that 10k mark.

Ghibli films aren't oscar bait because Ghibli directors don't give a shit about foreign award shows.

There's been quite a lot of marketing for Darling Franxx by Aniplex, a tie in manga made by To Love Ru author, and the OP/ED songs are made by popular groups/composers from Sony's label. The staff is also pretty solid. I have no doubt in my mind the show will do well, if not by its own merits, Aniplex will make sure of it, like they did with Granblue Fantasy more recently. With Violet I'm not really sure Kyoani has that power, if the show turns out to be bad or mediocre, which is honestly what I think will happen, then there's nothing saving it.

You mean those shitty movies that are all style no substance?

I hate anyone who uses the term bait in any context.

>Oscar bait.
A fucking new low for Sup Forums, How the fuck do people come up with these words.

too much animation for anime

Who in their right mind would give an Emmy to a Chinese cartoon?

considering VEG threads have dedicated shitposters from SnK 2013 threads, everything is possible

Shaft will be taking the AOTS this season

i love monogatari

And so it begins

Shaft will have the QUALITY scene of the season. Darling in the fran will take the AOTS

And they will do it with Sangatsu

this
Kyoanifags are getting BTFO soon

With literally what? They don't have anything that can rival this.

The 3 people that are still watching 3gatsu agree with you

youtube.com/watch?v=-pW6m0zi3KE

Unlike the fake saberface from VEG, this is the real deal

Judging by that PV I can tell it will be Mexican City Actors 2.0

With the collective power of fatefags

>TM revolution OP

THEY ALREADY WON

SASUGA

SHAFT

It honestly does not look good

>Fate
Nobody gives a shit about this series other than F/SN. 97% of the people even on this board never even read the VN. Fate is dead, give it up. The only good thing they have is melty.

I want to lick violet’s tits

>Nobody gives a shit about this series
How many levels of irony?

(Fate)/Zero.

My predictions:
Fate/Extra - 15k+
Overlord - 10k
Darling Franxx - 10k
Citrus - 5k
Takagi-san - 4k
Violet - 2k

>Citrus - 5k
Does yuri title sells that well?

trashy ones like citrus might

When will the 'budget' meme die?

I don't know why this shot bother me so much

Sangatsu will make everything else eat dirt as usual, VEG included, unless KyoAni is actually hiding a 10/10 nuclear bomb behind the blurfest.

No wonder almost everyone in this board has plebian taste. At least there's no one to shitpost about it, which is nice.

>Darling Franxx 10k.
That's some high hopes user.

Oh please, like "forced animation" isn't a thing. It's basically too much animation, they put shitty filters everywhere and the outcome is that it looks way shittier.

Because it's way too fucking bright.

Looks on par with the other recent KyoAni shows, just with even more digital effects than usual

I won't comment on the others, but considering Netflix is behind VE, I doubt that would hurt too much.
They mostly care about subscriptions, and I direly hope VE won't generate those. Netflix is unironically cancer for anime and needs to go away.

>too much animation
What did he mean by this?

If Maid Dragon could sell 3.5k I'm sure VEG will manage at least 6-7k

That shows like the Simpsons deserve their fluid animation.

>just with even more digital effects than usual
not good. I feel like Hibike was on the border of looking good and CG crap. More will be bad...

Fate LE is netflix too

Since when?

Shaft was always full of QUALITY> Still better than Ufo, but whatever.

It was already confirmed. Like Apocrypha last season

Is it confirmed?

Oh well. Just hope they won't touch SHAFT again in the future after tasting their trademark production issues.

CG crap.

and violet evergarden is a blur crap.

But that really flawed and not actually explaining what's going wrong in your gif. That's an example of plain bad animation or in the context of your gif dissonance between animating one scene and leaving the rest of the scenes sparsely animated, consisting mostly of stills.

>those backgrounds
>those character designs
>that animation
OH NO OH NO NO NO NO

Next VEG thread when?

Here it is
*unzips dick*

Tamamo where? Aren't her and Nero the biggest reason anyone cares about extra?

Is this ironic? It looks worse than Apocrypha

Better blur than 3DCG. Fuck, even 36-p series looks better than any 3DCG.