Does a bad ending ruin a show for you?

Does a bad ending ruin a show for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1046678/16eec86746/
youtube.com/watch?v=fz3PWptpmLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If your pic is meant to be an example, then yes. Holy fuck that ruined everything.

How is it a bad ending? She's mentally a child again. That's hot.

Pic unrelated?
Not necessarily. Then again, my standards are not as high as long as the music and VAs are good.

This how can I get a girl like this

Yeah kinda

yeah, it doesn't even have to be bad, a status quo end kinda ruins it too

i didnt think this would be good so i didnt watch it or look through any thread
i dont mind spoilers
did the ending do something to ruin it?

Sexy JC girl gets mindbroken to thinking like a JS.

Not really if you knew what you were getting into. It's a joke manga about a dumb Miko being BTFO and spaghetti every where but for some reason people thought it would end in a soothing manner.

She ended up getting mindbroken and hilariously coming back to her dumb self at the end and in the OVA that followed showed her getting her drive to go to the city again.

No, the ending is not everything.

OVA 2 retconned it though.

Yeah. I just treat this exhentai.org/g/1046678/16eec86746/ as the canon ending and call it a day.

Yes. It finds a way to do so.

What anime (that didn't get cut short and end on a dime, eg. Beelzebub) had the worst ending?

Yes, I never recommend people shows with bad endings. The show can also be entirely shit, but if the ending is good I will be happy. To me, the ending is everything.

Her name is literally Machi.
She needs to reside in the city dammit.
Also, Her social anxiety attacks were literally the best moments of the show.

>Machi
>Machi no Jitensha

Re:Zero

Yeah

Niiice.

Molestation bait.

Not always but Flip Flappers' ending was such a huge letdown for me. Although to be fair such an ambitious show was almost destined for failure after switching the scriptwriter halfway through its run.

Definitely. LWA went from a show I looked forward to every week, to one that I wish I didn't pick up. I also used to look forward to the airing threads, but now I look at the LWA general with disgust and contempt. How those autists can still defend that show and post shipping faggotry is still beyond me.

Depends on how bad the ending is. Clannad's ending ruined the story because it took a big steamy dump on the themes it built and the character development Tomoya went through just for the sake of a fairy tale ending. It went from a 9~10 to a 5 or lower.

When the author of the manga himself publicly showed his displeasure of the anime's ending you know you fucked up.

The anime treating her mental breakdown and regressing back into a child as a happy thing doesn't make it any less fucked up. It actually makes it more fucked up.

Hell, a bad arc can ruin a show.

At least Tooru's and Kyouko's kind made of up for Tsuneki's falling off a cliff in the last few minutes.

Depends.

Is it possible to end the show early, and just ignore the terrible ending?
If yes, then no, just end it early.
Otherwise, pretty much, though if the Manga had a real ending then I have the imagination to mentally substitute that ending instead.
If both are wank, then I've yet to meet one that hasn't, that I got invested into.

I still don't understand why people couldn't accept the ending.
She decided to end the relationship (or more exactly didn't allow it to start) because she had a personal goal that involved traveling to another continent. So? It happens. My best friend broke up with his girlfriend because she went to study to Europe and long-distance relationships never work.

How are we defining BAD? Something like OPs Image sure as fuck does but something like Soul Eater which was just kind of weak doesn't bother me if the show makes up for it

Not always
Forced anime original ending always though

I expect most anime and manga endings to be bad, so not really. Kumamiko's was not bad but something worse.

depends of the anime genre

Someone give me a rundown on what the fuck this anime was about.

My wife Machi.

>ese sentimiento cuando eres el unico que vio el final verdadero

In a world where 99% of endings are bad, not really, only a REALLY, like, Scary Movie tier ending would kinda change my mind about the anime, but if the rest of the show was great, I don't really give a damn.

I thought the ending was fine

However punpuns ending ruined the story for me. Only so much bullshit before it breaks my suspension of belief

Ignorant country bumpkin in dying town wants to move to the city but she has crippling social phobia and is terrible and ignorant with modern things (She almost burned down her house trying to use a rice cooker at one point). Also she's a Miko and her town secretly worships talking bears.

>loli miko lives in the mountain village
>a sacred bear can talk to the villagers
>loli hates her boring rural life
>loli wants to know the big city and all the modern stuff
>bear dont let her because innocent girl
>bear rape loli on a daily basis
>rural mascot contest, finals in tokyo
>at last she escape to the city
>afraid of people and all the modern stuff
>inferiority complex
>lets go home to live as if nothing happened
>bear; ok
>the end

Yeah. bad shows and bad endings go hand in fucking hand

Aquarion EVOL.

Not only was it a shitty ending, it also ruined Genesis of Aquarion retroactively. Imagine if Frasier ended with Niles getting back together with Maris and the reveal that Woody had been dealing drugs on Cheers and secretly had Coach killed.

>studio got BTFO so hard they had to scrape together an OVA to rectify their mistake

If only they had the foresight to begin with.

Is there something worse than "we have no ideas for this unnecessary sequel because we're a bunch of mediocre piece of shit writers so let's retroactively ruin the original material with edgy, shocking retcons"?
I doubt it is.

Erased.

If you don't think Seikaisuru kado was ruined by the ending you didn't watch it.

It wasn't ruined by the ending, it was ruined way before then.

I'd rather have a shitty anime original ending than a open-ended, sequel bait (which never gets a sequel) ending which boils down to "MC and friends continue on their journey in the source material!".

It's an ongoing manga. She never actually goes to the city, has that terrible bit from Yoshio about her sacrificing herself for the town, and no hallucination. In the manga its a single chapter where she has a bad dream one night and the city bit of the dream is like 3 panels. It was a godawful place to leave off on in the adaptation. The anime also screwed up some other stuff, like really dragging out the crying bits, shuffling chapter order around so things like Machi being scared when Hibiki first arrives ad the two randomly being sent clothes shopping by Yoshio makes no sense, and that horrible commercial episode.

My wife Machi is so cute.

God I’ll never get all the time I spent on that show back

How is it a bad ending if it's literally in the manga?

>ruined
But it was fucking hilarious. The fujo tears made it even better.

No, but if we're going to talk about Kuma Miko, it wasn't just the ending that was bad. it got progressively worse as the show went on
A bad ending on a show that I really liked, however, is still enough to bring it down a point or two depending on how awful it is. For example I thought the last episode of Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou was a real bummer and it stopped it from being my AOTY.

At first I thought you meant a bad ED and I refreshed Sup Forums while listening to youtube.com/watch?v=fz3PWptpmLg and this was the first thread on page 1. Never finished the source

Absolutely. Imagine having great sex with a girl then at the last second she cuts off your dick, shoves it up your ass and sprays you with bear mace. You're not gonna be thinking, "Oh man that was sex was pretty good." You're gonna be pissed about the dick cutting bearmacing you dealt with at the end.

How good a show was means fuck all if the ending ruins it, that's supposed to be the big pay-off.

It had less to do with Tsuneki herself and more with the implication Shouichi started working the cafe she worked at for a couple of years on the off chance he'd run into her again, at least from one perspective. Came across as I dunno, incredibly desperate on one hand, and while Tsuneki was a decent tease the whole "I'm going to study cooking in Spain for a few years" was kind of forced considering her whole cooking schtick wasn't particularly well-developed.

Kuma Miko was shit thoroughly, the ending was nothing diffferent and people overplayed ~le trauma meme~.

Evangelion is kinda shittier because of the shitty ending, but fanbase ruined it, the ending itself is harmless comparatively.

Toradora had a shitty ending but it was still a very good show, I hated it for days before coming to terms with it, but I still think the first episodes/settings were very nice.

I guess the answer is no.

At least people never forgot the most important thing, Machi is for impregnation.