Rayearth rocks

Rayearth rocks

Hikaru a best.

Trips of truth

It's a shame the first season aged so terribly, the story in it was great.

I just watched both seasons for the first time within the last month and I was blown away. The background artwork is amazing. I think it aged just fine.

It looks really rough in HD though. It seems every second shot is off model. The audio in some parts has this really scratchy Westrex sound to it, like a movie from the 1970's.

Just watched the first season before christmas, put off the second season because busy. Should I pick it back up?

Trips confirm.

I miss old Clamp so much.

It starts off very slowly, but it's worth it. The animation and direction improve noticeably, too.

Hand-painted backgrounds and symphonic music pieces offset any audio/animation issues it might have imo. The criticisms I'd make of it as far as seeming dated goes would be the drawn out combat scenes and repetition in dialogue to give it some sense for people tuning into an episode without context. But definitely not in appearance or sound, too impressed by intricate and imaginative paintings being used for quick scenes to notice any issues.

The only bad thing about this show are the shoulder guards. All things considered that's a pretty minor complaint.

The animation is pretty rough but I have to agree with the backgrounds being fantastic.

Artwork is much sharper but I feel the pacing is really slow and a lot of time is wasted where some characters could have been fleshed out instead. I like S1 better than S2 personally.

Yeah I remember going pretty slowly through the first fifteen episodes or so but then I binged the rest of the series as it started getting really cool around there. Fuckin wizards and spaceships and mecha all over my shit.

Can't believe some nigga painted this incredible door just to have Fuu make a smug face in front of it.

This is one of the few shows I think could benefit from a two 26-episode season remake. With no CGI and the style being based off of Clamp's old style, of course.

You should have posted the one from the opening. It synchs up to the best part of the song perfectly.

Here you go, sorry for lack of creditless. I like the crisper boobies and bellies in the first one I posted.

More anons need to watch this

We had a good run.