Is Devilman finally getting the appreciation it deserves after almost 50 fucking years?

Is Devilman finally getting the appreciation it deserves after almost 50 fucking years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePN-JqY3Ebs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If it was released weekly in spring or summer season it would've gotten more attention, now it's the talk for a week at max

Sub or dub

You can thank Yuasa for that

Started watching it out of boredom today. It's got great pacing. Five episodes in and I didn't even notice.

I have only had time to watch this and Made in Abyss from 2017.
I feel like I've wasted no time.

its gonna be recommended for years

Somewhere to point the Devil May Cry nerds to. It real nails that vibe for me. And I was a real hard up cunt for Devil May Cry in school.

Why did they call it "Crybaby?" Who does that appeal to?

It's a gag anime. They're just doing casual throw away dumb shit.
Why did they make One Punch Man bald, who does that appeal to?

>from 2017
This aired yesterday, user. Also, if you're saying you only watched two anime in the last year, you should fuck off.

me.

Dub is mostly hits, sub is also good but you can tell it was made with English audio in mind for some reason since the subbed lip syncing is off

Because MC is a crybaby

Devilman has never been underappreciated in Japan. It's pretty much always been openly admired.

Whether Crybaby lives up to it is a different question. I quite like it, but the manga is still more effective.

One of the good ass anime to come out recently imo

I've always wondered what Yuasa could do with a budget of ten dollars

It's always been overrated shit

From 2017.

>it's for great pacing
what the fuck, it's like 200% speed

>Overrated
>Before Crybaby most western animu nerds never even heard of it

I just watched it, it wasn't bad, but I enjoyed the manga and the ova way more. The ambience from the OVAs had a darker tone, surely because it's from the eighties/nineties.
Everything had more impact on me, just listen the old soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=ePN-JqY3Ebs

/m/ is shitting on it hard

The same thing he always does.

They are right, the OVAs that came decades ago were better

Correct: make ugly pretentious drivel.

Works well for the subject. Not everything should be slow. It's upbeat.