Used to think this was the best, most original, and most influential piece of anime content ever made

>used to think this was the best, most original, and most influential piece of anime content ever made
>now realize it's a simple Devilman ripoff

How the hell did Anno get away with this? Why wasn't he sued for plagiarism?

Go Nagai gets his shit ripped off by everyone, it's tradition.

Pretty sure everyone took influence from Go Nagai, dude’s made like 5 franchises that has spawned countless material. Besides implying that EoE is a Devilman ripoff is kind of insulting when you consider that the message behind both works are completely different.

Dumb casual like yourself just ran with the whole NGE is masterpiece and a one of kind experience, because it was your first deep analysis anime. But If you weren't a faggot you would have known that all the 2deep4u bullshit in NGE was never original. The reason why NGE was unique wasn't because of the poorly done religious themes, social commentaries, it was because of the personal therapeutic message for Anno.

Fucking babies, I swear to God.

Sorry not everyone read a manga from 1972, gramps.

>people are finally realizing that Anno is nothing more than an otaku in denial hack

Devilman Crybaby is the best thing that ever happened. Not because it's a perfect adaptation of Devilman (it's not), but because it appeals to casuals well enough that they'll too know the glory of Devilman.

>used to think this was the best, most original, and most influential piece of anime content ever made
Why?

>Devilman
Original Devilman is trash for edgelords like all guro.

This is totally not a falseflag. No way.

I expected better from Devilman fans.

because anons on Sup Forums told him so

this
devilman manga is shit

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I don't care if something's stolen. As long as it's good.

Evangelion is such unforgivable trash. I get slightly mad every single time I see some pop culture bullshit media trying to claim it's one of the most influential and greatest anime of all time, when it's absolute boring throwaway dogshit.

More like user fanfiction backstory for the giants from Nausicaa, if you think that NGE is a rippoff for a couple of images then every giant robot show is a ripoff of mazinger.

But Evangelion is shit.

But Devilman is shit. See what you're doing here?

Evangelion are the BEST anime ever made from the mankind.
the new Devilman are so ugly

It has Devilman, Ultraman, as well as some Tomino thrown in.

That doesn't change the unique stuff it brings to the table or the overall effect of its execution. Everything has influences. Evangelion has a distinct identity.

It is. They're both shit. I'm not sure what you're arguing.

NGE literally ripped of Mazinger Z. Anno goes into detail about how the face reveal scene of Eva-01 was taken straight from the first chapter of Mazinger Z.

Are you okay user?do you wanna a hug or something?

>Evangelion are the BEST anime ever made from the mankind.
You have a brain tumor.

>Everything is shit!
Okay.

I STILL haven't watched eva beyond episode 13 after starting watching it like nine years ago.
Eh maybe later.

>homages and inspiration are now ripping off

Getting real sick of your shit, neo-/m/. You used to be a good board.

Most things are. But Edgeman and Jesusjellyon are absolutely garbage.

in retrospect the reason why the Rebuild movies suck is now obvious. Anno was never a genius, he just lucked into making something good by copying others. The Rebuilds is him trying to do something original to himself, and it's terrible.

You're not impressing me with your turbo-teen-isms, user-kun.

That's where it gets good

lol have you ever seen an anime from anno except NGE?

so I've heared

He's right. Right around episode 13 is where it turns from a shonen mecha to a seinen psychological something or other. I think the reason was that their timeslot got switched or something.

The thing is just that I've been spoiled to hell and back over that time period, so I know what will happen.

Just watch it you faggot. NGE is one of few anime that gets better and better on consecutive watches so spoilers don't mean shit.

ok, sure

Well, if that's what you choose to think...

yeah... no

Some people call it homage, others say it's a copy or ripoff. Stop being a drama queen and get used to it. I don't care if the term hurts your feelings. It's all the same shit at the end of the day. A copy is an homage, an homage is a copy.

Wait it's a Devilman ripoff?
/m/ always told me it was a Ideon ripoff

ITT: people are baiting people who are baiting people who are baiting people who are baiting people who are baiting people who are baiting people who are baiting people

Did I miss anything?

According to one of the Eva staffers it's half Devilman and half Ideon. It's also got a healthy dosage of Ultraman. The rest are superficial references to old sci-fi books/tv/movies/anime.

>triggered Eva pleb
How do I know this? Because of your reaction image. I know your exact type. You think works like Evangelion, Biscuit Hammer, Gurren Lagann, Spirit Circle, Oyasumi Punpun and One Punch Man etc. are the very best of anime and manga. There is no pity in my heart for you, only hate.

>Devilman
>Guro

retard

Really casting a pretty wide net there, huh, buddy?

Well, how about this? I dislike your type. You think Little Witch Academia, Kiznaiver, Nisekoi, Devilman, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V, Madoka, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Citrus, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Legend of Zelda, Hunter X Hunter, Naruto, BORuto, Castlevania, Hyouka, Lucky Star, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Poptepic, Sword Art Online, Ponyo, Kill la Kill, Fate, Granblue Fantasy, Wheaties, Macross, Gundam, Monogatari, Umaru, Precure, Idolmaster, Love Live, Shimoneta, and other such """"anime""" is the best thing since sliced bread. I feel no pity for you, only hate.

Was Anno a film buff in any way, that might give some leeway.

As far as I'm aware, yes.

Its also ripping off Madoka with the time loop shit, with Rebuild of Evangelion.

>now realize it's a simple Groundhog Day ripoff

How the hell did Shinbo get away with this? Why wasn't he sued for plagiarism?

You just listed a bunch of random ass anime. What do those even have to do with each other. If you're going to say something stupid at least say something stupid that makes sense.

Thats the fun of trolling

>used to think this was the best, most original, and most influential piece of time loop content ever made
>now realize it's a simple Issac Asimov ripoff

How the hell did Bill Murray get away with this? Why wasn't he sued for plagiarism?

Groundhog Day is a comedy though, Madoka is considerably darker.

Anno is just out of ideas, and should have left Evangelion alone instead of reviving Eva's carcass to force fujoshi bait. Everything is set up for Shinji to save Kaworu from death.

Wow, it's almost as if that's exactly what you di- wait, why am I still falling for this bait?

You have to remember it's very likely that Anno doesn't actually care about Evangelion anymore, which is why he stopped production on the last movie to make Godzilla.

It's not that he's out of ideas, he's just not spending them on Evangelion anymore. Hell, I'm pretty sure that the only reason he did it was to please his wife, who probably masturbated to Kaworu and Shinji for most of her life.

That's true, Anno doesn't care about the anime industry anymore. He wants to make live action films like Shin Godzilla.

My sentiments exactly. The moment I saw that red liquid thing, it resembled nge so much I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyone who isn't a newfag knows Eva is the lovechild of 70s-80s anime/mana and western science-fiction. You fags act like Gainax was being secretive about this when they're staff had no problems admitting this from the start.
Stealing ideas and taking inspiration isn't plagiarism. Creators do it all the time and that doesn't make Eva any less great because Anno took those ideas, infused them with himself, and perfected them to make a whole new kind of anime.

Hunter X Hunter and Dragonball are okay.

What Asimov story does it rip off?

>One Punch Man
That shouldn't even be there. Even on bait posts.

Asimov has multiple short stories about timeloops.

Holy shit you bandwagon hopping brainlet. Evangelion took inspiration from a lot of things, it's still very original and did for the Super Robot genre that Devilman did for Shonen. You just want to hop on the Devilman Crybaby because it's the newest, prettiest thing, piss off.

Yeah, it's really rushed at the end and the art is horrendous.

Yeah but I don't think any of them is remotely similar enough to the main concept of Madoka or Groundhog Day to call it a ripoff...

So Anno just got the idea for Asuka and Kaworu from Asuka Ryo?

I was with you until your last sentence where you said he perfected the ideas.

>Ryo(u) Asuka
into Asuka SohRYU
>Akira
switch A's with I's and I with an A, you get Ikari.

Maybe the names.

Madoka and Groundhog Day's timeloops also aren't that similar besides being timeloops, either.

My point is that Madoka didn't invent the idea of a timeloop and that Anno wasn't necessarily thinking of Madoka when he made it.

>Really casting a pretty wide net there, huh, buddy?

>Eva, TTGL
>Spirit Circle, Biscuit Hammer
>Punpun, OPM

THAT'S a wide net to you? That's literally 1 studio and 3 mangaka, all of which who appeal to the same demographic and two of those manga directly reference/homage Eva/TTGL because the mangaka is a huge fan of it. You're just proving that I'm 100% right about you.

He did, though. Why you think Tomino was so butthurt? then goes on to make Brain Powered and completely fails.

Asimov didn't invent it either.

> it's still very original and did for the Super Robot genre
It's not very original and nothing it did or how it did those things was nothing new to mecha or super robots. It's just a good series that is popular, don't mistake that with originality or innovation.

Of course. That's the point.

I was considering adding another one after Asimov but I felt like that was going too far.

Plenty of things reference Evangelion. SAO did. Nisekoi did. Umaru did. That doesn't mean I like any of them. You're jumping on a tangential connection.

I also think TTGL is mediocre and like most of Imashi's works fails to deliver at the end, and I haven't read Spirit Circle yet.

25 and 26 were better than EoE anyways.

I swear to god, every thread even tangentially related to Evangelion either turns into
>Asuka vs Rei
or
>EoE vs EoTV

For the record, I think they're both incomplete without the other.

The good borrow, the best steal.

There's only so many colors in a rainbow; don't get caught up on people using the same ones to make a different picture.

>What is Love & Pop?
>What is Kare Kano?
>What is Nadia?
>What is Royal Space Force?

>he thinks Sup Forums knows anything about Anno's other works

Of course I know about Godzilla

I wasn't talking about Godzilla, though. I was talking about Eva Petit, his TRUE masterpiece.

It's original in the way in subverts expectations of the genre. Gundam and Ideon did the same.

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

no-one can be this contrarian surely...

What the fuck was Doraemon's problem

>...

Anno did it better

Are people seriously only finding out about Devilmans influence NOW? Fucking baka's, the likes of Urobutcher were inspired by it too. Devilman is the reason why we have Eva and Madoka.

doesnt go mute after the mind invasion. she goes mute after shinji strangles her

This was a reference to when Shinji broke the news to her on Kaji's death. He inexplicably "killed her" in Episode 24 and again in Pre-Instrumentality.

Well gainax biggest hits are go nagai's ripoffs, its kinda tradition.

You must have ended up watching Madoka. Good job user.