Has isekai anime hit rock bottom already, or is it going to go even further downhill from here?

Has isekai anime hit rock bottom already, or is it going to go even further downhill from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/992709
fujitaka.ukauka.net/prg/index/Narou2000/
youtube.com/watch?v=FAGO4mLigk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is better than 3/4 of the current season.

You say that like it's a good thing

Remember how harem anime died? With that Mahou Sensou ultra garbage?

You will get something like this.

>best season in years
>autistic haremfags hate it

Only makes it better.

Whatever. I haven't enjoyed a single show so far.

It's not, really.

Your pic related isn't even that bad. The worst offenders are the ones that act serious.

This was surprisingly good. Even the general butthurt about it was good.

I hope it's Death March that kills it, but unfortunately as it has kadokawabux behind it that's probably not going to happen.

Kadokawa is becoming synonymous with failure.

if you think cellphone is as bad as isekai can get then you know nothing about the trash that is the genre "isekai". BTW: as bad as cell phone was, it wasn't as bad as knights and magic.

trust me on this one. it can get much much worse.

>Death March
This and Arifureta (which is airing in April) are two of the most popular and liked ones in Japan, so I highly doubt they will do anything against it. On the contrary, it will probably make it even more popular.

We'll be diving deeper next week, and yet that will still be nowhere near the bottom.

Was the KemonoFriends debacle literally the first time you ever heard the name Kadokawa?

>Has isekai anime hit rock bottom

Anime perhaps, let's see how death march fares. Isekai in general? Not even close, like nigga you have no idea.

>it wasn't as bad as knights and magic.
That one was much better than smartphone. The only issue was how fucking rushed it was.

Yuri anime, plus all girl casts are the new trend in anime/manga

delet this

> harem anime died? With that Mahou Sensou
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Kancolle
>Kemono Friends

They killed two of the largest anime franchises with their incompetence.

Harem is literally dead.

>Arifureta
How can people stand the MC in this? He is the epitome of the edgy preteen's fantasy.

actually, the MC only looks like an edgelord. his appearance depresses him because he looks like an edge lord.

Smartphone was fucking harem, you faggot. Even if you mean "magic academy battle harem," that didn't even reach its fucking peak until after Mahou Sensou.

There is the mediocre and popular LNs, at least a dozen that could probably be adapted. Death March is one of those. Also there is a whole subgenre of otome game isekai which could see its own adaptations. It won't be at rock bottom until we're getting adaptations of true trash, like Re:Monster

>otome isekai
Something this awful exists?

And sold like shit just like every harem in last 5 years that's not new Monogatari season.

>Fairy feeling so sorry for archmage that she sneaks her student into the harem

good change

It's actually not that bad. Usually the FEMC is thrust into a supporting or evil character position and has to work hard to change the "flags" to not get murdered by the MC and main plot. Its gets cliche after awhile but its certainly better than any magic battle academy shit.

>Re:Monster
Jesus fuck I forgot about this garbage.

I don't trust anybody that has a permanent neutral smile on their face and that's like, 80% of this show.

Death March isn't that popular though. Arifureta will probably become a hit. WF behind it so the production values will be above average of a LN series that already has a gigantic fanbase.

Isekaiphone was fun though.
Stupid, simple, no drama, feel good shit.
Literally what Isekai should aspire to be.

Right, because SaeKano and Eromanga sold like shit.

Arifureta is basically all about a nice and sweet "child" losing his innocent side and humanity and going crazy in that dungeon he fell into. And right before he lost his humanity completely he meets Yue. As the story progresses he becomes more and more humane again and doens't go full edge in every situation.
The anime will never reach said parts, though.

It could go way way lower

It really couldn't be helped in that case. They knew they had no reasonable option but to get to the end of (and focus on) the first battle arc within one cour to even remotely appeal to most people. Even if they had 24 episodes back loading the actual fights that far wouldn't work. The closest things that were actually successful were the Mai series and Nanoha StrikerS and they still had more going on early on. It was far less of a mess than Madan or Alderamin anyways.

You guys listened to the 2nd soundtrack yet ?
If not consider yourself tricked and give it a try.

nyaa.si/view/992709

I read the manga, and I found the lack of plot, drama, or really anything really boring. It has literally no plot progression for a good chunk of it and moves at a snail's pace at best.

At least it had decent fights. Too often I find the action scenes lacking because the creators just don't give a fuck about battle harem academy/fantasy isekai #325.

It's not a harem when winner is 100% obvious from the start. Neither of them sold great too.

And even if you consider them harems very few sold okay while over 90% failed hard.

ummm???

>It's not a harem when winner is 100% obvious from the start.
Is this what haremfags tell themselves after they become ashamed of their shit taste in anime?

> It's not a harem when winner is 100% obvious from the start
Do I need to post that "Rakudai is NOT a harem" pasta? Your definition of harem is retarded and would exclude a ton of universally-recognized-as-harem series (including Monogatari, which you just admitted was harem) from contention.

> Neither of them sold great too
8K is good sales, no way around it. They were both in the top ten selling series out of over 100 last year.

>And even if you consider them harems very few sold okay while over 90% failed hard.
How fucking hard are you going to backpedal? First we were arguing whether harems died with Mahou Sensou three years ago, and then you claimed every harem in the last five years sold like shit (except Monogatari), and now you're claiming that 90% failed hard (just like 90% of all anime, regardless of genre or time period, I should point out). Seriously, what are you even trying to argue?

This show was relaxing to watch, inoffensive and boring. Pretty sure you could get worse than that. Parts of re:zero definitely pissed me off worse than this ever could.

Come the fuck up nigger, seriously? I like harems and I know that is bullshit.

But will it be trash?

Btw, i actually like Keijo.
not trying to say it's trash, it's an example of a great manga/anime.

Death March is arguably worse and there are still quite a few others that make these two seem like actual literature (e.g. Slave Harem).
By the way the girl on the right is a total cutie and it makes me sad that she's stuck in this shitfest.

This show was so much fun

>Konosuba is the only isekai anime I enjoyed
>read the non-isekai spinoff
>it's still superior to the source material
I think isekai is just inherently inferior to straight fantasy.

>I think isekai is just inherently inferior to straight fantasy.
That's because most isekai just use the actual "isekai" as a gimmick. You could substitute the MC for a native and not much would change, except now you probably just have a shitty world that runs on video game mechanics.

It could just be it attracts people who should never be writing at all, and it has enough standard plot points they can fake it for a short time.

STILL GROWING!!!

Urasekai Picnic anime when?

Except we already know it is a harem end and not a friendship with nobody winning.

There's also the problem that everything revolves around the MC. Character interaction without the MC's involvement almost never happens, and on the rare occasion it does, people just talk about the MC (and how great he is). Characters can't develop in ways that don't relate to him.

The isekai where MC has to fuck everyone haven't been animated yet so no.

I think it's kind of amusing that in Naitsumaji there turns out to be a native inventor nearly as bullshit anyways and his creations are basically equal because he doesn't base them on anime autism.

What are you talking about?

Isn't this the motivation for some spin-off works? Although I've never seen this happen with isekai spefically, but still.

The mistyc eyes of nice guy perception still make me laught till this day.

Even if you make any interesting developments in a spin-off, they all go to waste once that character is brought back to MC-land.

Being able to read someone's heart to see if they're evil or noble or whatever isn't exactly an unusual skill.

twgok did that

Everything in the manga past the anime was garbage. The anime was right to stop where it did.

>they all go to waste once that character is brought back to MC-land.
Do they actually do this?

Black healer,and it's pretty good

Btw

My tastes >>>>anyone else's tastes

Deal with it,faggots

tell that to Monster Musume

Most of them have the main character reincarnated as the villain of the game, and they end up getting a inverse harem of all the game charcters including the heroine.

No, otome isekai is generally like this
>reincarnated as the main villain
>has a fiancé who is a love interest in the original game
>the otoge "heroine" is the villain in the story
>end up with "serve you right" to the "heroine"

Death march is no where as bad as you think. There are much, much worse isekai series out there.

Soon

Still mad I see.

Death March isn't bad, it's just offensively dull. If Isekai Smartphone is isekai fast food, then Death March is basically a block of isekai-flavored tofu.

Will the Nidome no Yuusha wa Fukushuu no Michi wo Warai Ayumu anime save us?

Oh shit! I LOVE tofu!

isekei anime has a long way to go before it catches up with isekei manga

This has to be bait right?

>enjoys a slow ride of erotically teasing his slaves through various activities before he finally takes them

truly, a man who enjoys slow-burn

It's slice of life exploring.

This one is the worst I've seen yet. But...can we go lower?

That's the real purpose of an extremely overpowered MC, making threats non-existant.

i've seen some that i think are chinese that are still worse yet. Isekai is a genre which has no bottom, it's the goddamn Abyss is it.

But the world and setting they explore isn't deep and interesting enough to carry the weight of not having a plot by itself. It's just your standard pseudo-medieval Japanese isekai.

Its Daycare the Anime and its fucking vile.

>died
Isekai literally picked up its stagnating corpse and kept perfecting it eventually succeeding and here we are.
Harem or rather isekai Harem has never EVER been this popular this successful and this diverse, literally never. Especially the ones with real polygamy and kids none of that disgusting normalfag bait where MC has to 'choose' the girl. Never ever have they been 'accepted' by the readers as they are now.

Its not only Death March and Arifureta stuff like Hachinan-tte and Slave Harem(yes even that one) are selling above average and series like Shield Bro for example has already broken a million while Mushoku Tensei 1.4 million overall copies like half a year ago.

Or rather the most popular series in all of narou the place where the new wave of isekai originated from are harem series Mushoku Tensei being #1 followed by Arifureta as #2
fujitaka.ukauka.net/prg/index/Narou2000/

Tenchi Muyou has polygamy

Yes it has a polygamuy ending not actually banging the girls and advancing their 'relationship' early in the series.

Tenchi was before harems started stagnating.

>Shield hero about to get overtaken by shotas & robots
>arifureta, slime and death march at the top 5
I don't know how to feel about this.

Dual Parallel Adventures

youtube.com/watch?v=FAGO4mLigk0

Twgok was always overrated shit.

Depends on the series, loath WNs like Re:Monster where they do it for the heck of it tho yea I generally prefer that approach. Started Kuro no Senki and was nice how they handled it with the first girl his officer early on after MCs death struggle to overcome a numerical superiority of the opposing army. next morning he got found out by the ojousama boss however the MC was so nonchalant about it and shoo'd her away which felt kinda natural.
Nothing to write home about of course but just that there's so much you can do with a harem series and their archetypes which makes it feel fresh and superior some of the old boring ones.

>One guy, rest of cast is all girls

How I immediately know an anime/manga is going to be shit. It never fails.

Please stop the shitposting and post good Isekai. Isekai is drug, anyone will succumb to it when the season comes so please stop the shitpost and post good isekai.

Nahh Death March events are interesting enough to carry the story, at least it's a lot of content that lasts before they go to the rat kingdom then the story turns to pure shit in the WN.

>good isekai
??

dem awards

Most likely this will depress you even more since well you know after the anime announcement just narou-wise you'd think Shielbro like Arifureta would get more points to easily climb the ranks