This is the Ready Player One of Anime

This is the Ready Player One of Anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiorncOFpcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the Ready Player One of Anime
The what? Why is this anime attracting so many crossposting pieces of trash?

What the fuck is Ready Player One

Google is your friend. That being said it’s a pandering novel/movie about VR that tries to relate to as many “nerds” as possible by jamming a bunch of old video game characters into the story. This show’s not worth defending, but it is different in that it doesn’t try to pretend it’s not bad.

RPO is 2018 bazinga
PTE is japanese bazinga

This is true, except people who "like" PTE realize the show is garbage and only like it ironically, while Ready Player One indicates a shift in what the mainstream considers "good" into becomming complete dog shit.

No, it's the MDE World Peace of anime.

It's the Wonder Showzen of Anime

overhyped and wack? agree

Is this the EvE of anime?

It's a book that appeals to every possible fedora tipper trope. It's actually depressing

Except PTE isn't written by fascists/neo-nazis. Keep trying to keep Sam Hyde relevant while you suffer under late stage capitalism though, that's some funny shit.

Commie please go.

I think it's going to be more like Robot Chicken, but you're right with this ep.

fuck you and fuck that album

Accurate

now THIS is accurate

Spot on

what the fucking am I listening to?
youtube.com/watch?v=xiorncOFpcg

its not that bad chill out

This actually makes sense, but I never made it all the way through Trout Mask, and I plan to watch all of PTE

to top it off, it has will wheaton narrating the audiobook for bonus r*ddit gold.

Anyone got the webm of "I'm me"?

the best album ever

This good?

Now THIS was funny.

Claymore reference? Douga confirmed bros

Oh, that was supposed to be a Berserk reference? It was so badly done it didn't even hit with me.

American version of SAO except Hollywood studios couldn't get copyright permission for Godzilla or Ultraman so you have the Iron Giant, instead, even though the author is mainly a Weeaboo.

You guys do realize that RPO is actually loved by normal people who like seeing their favorite brands in a movie, and the basement dwellers are the ones who are complaining about it because it feels like "gaming blackface", right?

>Je suis fache!

Told you fags this is “normalfag and ironic weeb bait: the anime” and “ironic shitposting: the anime”

M A S T E R F I S H

Crossboarders get out.

People who use "shitposting" in any capacity are bad and should stop posting.

Make me

If crossboarders are cancer then TPE is chemo

>tfw crossposter and phoneposter

A very bad book that references anime, video games and the like and then goes out of its way to explain the reference.

Basically it's made for normalfags that like video games and anime ironically.

The Spirit of Madoka compells you! The Spirit of Madoka compells you!

Why did they announce Mikkako Komatsu as the VA for Popuko if she didn't voice her in either track???

You don't have to type anything in order to post, retarded redditor.

A masterpiece.

No you dumpass, that's Basilisk

Beefheart secluded himself in a shitty apartment with a bag of beans and his bandmates, whom he beat up on a regular basis. Since he didn't know the language of music, he had one of the band members transcribing his ideas to others; when that person couldn't "play a strawberry" on drums, Beefheart threw him off the stairs and refused to give him any credit on the album.

Truly a genius

This is from the book.

What the fuck would compel someone to write this garbage?

Your chant won't have any effect. I'm not protestant.

I thought it was the Robot Chicken of anime
did no one else say this already

If you want the "definitive" Ready Player One novel experience, listen to the audiobook

Narrated by... Wil Wheaton

>Everyone here says Ready Player One is bad
>Amazon ratings of it is very good and its very popular
Is this a typical case of hating what is popular? Though it doesn't sound very good just reading the premise.

My man, you might have brain damage.

Touhou charm was funnier, they should have animated that instead.

woah...so this is...the true form of...reddit

This is so awful that it could be an LN

No, it's absolutely awful and reads like some super smash bros cross universe fanfic from fanfiction.net written by a 12 year old. Just google it and read one of the pages.

I don't get the comparison since Pop Team Epic mentions pop culture but doesn't rely on you getting the reference or shove it down your throat several times.

Do you consider this to be good writing?

Better question is why does anime attract so many juvenile little pieces of shit like you?

No. It's genuinely fucking bad. Just look at There's tons of terrible tripe that hits the best seller list all the time. Your average person simply has no standards at all.

stop talking

I gotta admit there is a limit to "lel nerd culture that's so me" and this CLEARLY goes overboard a few of those references would've been fine but do you need ALL of them? i'm shocked the Delorean wasn't described as being helmed by Data while the MC sat on top of the hood on the iron throne with his Gandal Hat and cape

sheesh...

The realization this sold well, has a recording of Wesley Crusher reading this, and that this has a movie coming out makes my stomach turn

>Taking shit out of context
It's a kid in a fucking VR internet thing.

"Enchanting! Willy Wonka Meets The Matrix!" - USA Today

How does context make it not written at a 3rd grade level?

That doesn't make the prose and the story any less terrible.

Prose so stiff you could use it as rebar in skyscrapers isn't an "out of context" thing, jackass.

Holy shit get the fuck out of here leftypol.

Go to bed Speilberg

A movie about VRChat

>KITT as DeLorean
Dream of my childhood

The entire book is like that.

Why does this exists

Because it sells.

Sumipe wasn't there either

If naming things that existed in the 80s counts as good writing. You'll love it.

By the way, Star Trek.

Now my post is well written too.

It's more that I was so bored with the show at that point that I was barely even paying attention

So the problem with that book is that it explains the reference as it makes the reference right? Like if they just said character picked the RX78 model and left it at that and didn't go "that's a mobile suit gundam reference by the way" the writing would take a great leap forward.

>Someone pissed themselves writing this.

Reasonable. I thought it was a real direct reference but brief as hell.

yes

This show looks cringy as fuck

don't compare this retardation to robot chicken mate.
it's more like a bad family guy ripoff with all the pop references out of nowhere.

I give it credit for not explaining the Buckaroo Banzai reference part. Incidentally the only thing where I haven't seen the movie and had to look it up.

musical shitposting
also one of the greatest albums ever made

not as cringy as this thread. but still pretty cringy.

Steven Spielberg, an acclaimed movie director with a love for life and the higher arts (film): I love Ready Player One so much. Something about it struck a cord with me and I just had to make a movie about it!

Some gay nerd on Sup Forums: I hate this because it references nerd culture even though 95% of my life revolves around that bullshit

YOU DO NOT NO DA WAY

its actually the Big Bang Theory/ Rick and Morty for japs and weaboos

how did this fanfiction got published?

t. Herkz

why do internet commies have to insert "fascist" and "capitalism" into everything they write

>ironic weeb: the anime attracts crossboarding garbage
Who would have thought

how is this ironic weeb?

Literally LN tier writing