Is this the biggest pleb filter the world has ever seen?

Is this the biggest pleb filter the world has ever seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CpHyeKoky8E
youtube.com/watch?v=vEygDZbsQnI
youtube.com/watch?v=MkE4ZDu18qU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cool final fantasy reference

>Marle using lightning magic
fucking epic
>I clapped! I clapped when I saw things I recognized!

Looks like it's working

with the first 2 replies, yeah it is

>no one recognizes Layzner
>no one recognizes Macross
>no one recognizes Chrono Trigger
Hell, people are even missing the Kimi no Na and Kemonofriends jokes.

It's sad. The only joke that some of these utter plebs have picked up was Skyrim.

>Final Fantasy

pick a thread retard

>a 2 seconds-long reference
>a joke
Looks like you didn't get it either.

Hol up
Which was the macross reference?

The Zentradi guys before Pipimi rescues Popuko from "Macbeth's Garden" or whatever.

>tfw Pop Team Epic will destroy Sup Forums before Code Geass R3 can

I thought that the joke was that the show was boring, but it's boring in an annoying way so people spam it on the board pretending to like it.

>nobody mentioning the guardians of the galaxy reference.

I actually saw that movie, but remember so little of it that I had no idea what people were talking about.

Is it when it does the title card and funky music when Pipipmi saves Popuko, or what?

Yes.

That's just how weak we are.

Oh, I guess those kind of references come off less strongly in a Japanese show.

Meanwhile, the Layzner reference literally has the same outfits, lines, and door opening.

>kills ironic weebs by stopping the idolshit intro
of course it's the greatest pleb filter

>Sup Forums is already gone full contrarian (aka Sup Forums's usual mood on new stuff) on it

The amount of asshurt this is causing could power the planet for a year. I love you bkub.

But don't "ironic weebs" love Pop Team Epic? The ones I know wear matching T-shirts of the series.

LMAO at this tryhard. Looks like you're the one who didn't even know who Marle is.

stay night's VN

>you're an ironic weeb!
>no you're the ironic weeb!
>no u!
>you!
Everyone is melting down, this is amazing.

Can we all just stop throwing shit a each other and just enjoy the show?
Can't we just have fun?

the only ones melting down are the ironic weebs who don't enjoy it desu

Fuck you I hate fun

Honestly, I don't know why PTE is getting so much hate. I watched it with my fiance and we thought it was pretty good. Sorry you faggots can't take a joke.

PTE is trying to forcefully teach Sup Forums how to have fun again, but the cancer is too strong. In 12 weeks Sup Forums will either be cured or even worse off than it is now.

All the references I spotted:

Kimi no na wa
Chrono Trigger
Layzner ep1 end scene
Kemono Friends Savana
Totoro
Pokemon
Berserk
Skyrim
Guardians of the Galaxy x Macross

So people may have been too young to have touched a SNES. Either way, they are both Squaresoft games.

It seems like both ironic weebs who hate it and like it are melting down

>generals

Nobody cares

>That would require the show to actually be fun to begin with

Bkub has come so far.

>Layzner
Fucking hell I knew those space suits were familiar, for some reason I kept wanting to say Ideon but the helmets weren't right.

The grostesque animation segment is akin to the Terrance and Phillip xrude humour along with other adult awim stuff. In general, it is trying to make everything else look good.

The I am upset part is ambiguous as it could be about reverse psychology.

>Sup Forums can't even recognize AC部 when they see it

This shit feels like one of those Adult Swim comedies or those animated shorts that MTV used to air.
I'm not sure that's a good thing, but its a breath of fresh air.

Fakeout at the beginning got me

Really had me thinking I downloaded a mistitled thing

>implying I care about some old gook fuck

this was unironically the funniest show Ive ever seen. I laughed so hard at the french part, and the school idols harem

youtube.com/watch?v=CpHyeKoky8E

I wonder if it is one-off? AC bu has their own parody skit show.

I want more CGI stuff from the French guy.

Is the episode only 10 minutes long and the HS version just repeats twice, or does the actual source episode repeat twice and it's some elaborate joke I'm missing the point of?

kek, just got the joke, thanks :)

Let me spoil the joke, it repeats with a different set of voice actors, and the French parts are subbed

This has never failed to make me laugh and I've lost count of how many times its happened.

Is this going to be the ultimate
>I quit
>see you next week
anime?

The joke is the second one is labeled rerun and has female VAs instead of the ultramasculine VAs in the first run

The joke is that there is no joke. It's just a loop with female voices instead of male voices. You expect things to be different but it's exactly the same.

I thought the same shit. This one is good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=vEygDZbsQnI

Can this be considered the deconstruction of 4koma or comedy anime?

but I do

I feel like a lot its lost from watching this from crunchy rips, like watching it on actual TV must be more trippy and confusing.
Part of the joke is lost when you can see that the anime still has 10 minutes left instead of actually thinking it ended and something went wrong with the broadcast

>bkub: we're going to make an intentionally fucking garbage show

>OP: LOL you don't like it? what are you TROLLED?

There's no winning with people like this. You can go on and pretend to like it just to spite Sup Forums, but that is just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Don't think we don't clearly see that. Show fucking sucks man and people ironically liking it just because "lol it makes you mad if I like it" isn't an argument or a defense. It's like eating shit because someone told you not to. It's still shit, man.

This show objectively sucks so far because:
- it pretty much doesn't use the original material which is what people liked about it in the first place
- this material was replaced with a family-guy like montage of pop culture references with no jokes
- the only effort that actually went into it is for their fake anime which unironically is more watchable than the actual PTE show
- it near-repeated its already-lame skits in a loop with another dub to pad air time

I guess it's not unexpected of bkub to make the entire show just a giant fuck you to every single viewer, but even letting down the people who liked the material is just asinine and only the most ironic of ironic faggots or most shameless of bkub dicksuckers would put up with it.

One of my favorites desu, Pipimi hopping around made it for me.

someone webm the skyrim scene

Is this yuri?

Why did CR censor the middle fingers?

>scene
Is literally a still that is there for 5 seconds

this will be deleted but it's true
I liked the manga but they fucked up adapting this badly.

Unironically how I felt watching the episode, I have no idea why people are acting like this anime was even funny or at the level of the comics.

Adapting it 1 for 1 would have been the worst thing they could have done. If you want that go watch the youtube videos.

i dont care
webm it weebs

They may not like it, but this user speaks the truth.

Imagine getting this buttblasted by the fact that you didn't understand a show.
Yes, user. It sucks. It's fucking horrible indeed. HOWEVER: it's also fun. Did you know that it's possible to enjoy things regardless of how bad they might be? That's the entire point of PTE, not just the anime, but the manga as well. It's moderately popular because people like it despite it being shit. Or maybe because it is shit. Who fucking knows.
By the way, anime-original scenes with the same feeling of the manga are the best possible way to adapt this. 24 minutes of 10 seconds-long skits wouldn't have worked at all.

I actually did have fun watching the show somewhat, but it's amusing only in the most throwaway sense possible. The led by a guy with a fucking fidget spinner, is kinda funny, and so on. But it's all throwaway.

Worse yet is that almost anything I thought was kinda funny was then re-run later in the redub. It's pretty fucking bad to kill your own jokes in your own fucking show by making you aware nearly all the material was barely worth a corner-smile at its absolute best, and just droll nothing the vast majority of the running time. Seeing the same droll nothing but with a new dub OoOoO now it's funny. Ok. Nah, it fucking blows.

I expected a shitpost in televised form and I got what I wanted. Everyone is mad. The shitpost worked.

>- this material was replaced with a family-guy like montage of pop culture references with no jokes
Did you really miss the point of this? Even after the fidget spinner scene?

The show managed to make you watch the same fucking episode twice in a row and you fell for it pretty hard. It wasn't supposed to be particularly funny, they just did it to fuck with you.
And yes, this entire series is literally just random absurd humor.

The show is stupid on purpose and you somehow still couldn't understand it, bravo.

How do you get from Touhou to THIS?

the normie faggots are going to be all over this

>getting so rectum ragnaroked over one episode of the fucking show
>getting so butt blasted over the fact that the show is faithful to its source material
>getting so anally annihilated that you don't realize that this is an elaborate shitpost and you fell for the meme

So yeah, they got me to watch the show shit itself. Do they think I'll be back for ep 2 or 3 if they keep doing that shit? Giving it 1 more ep absolute fucking tops, stopping it halfway if they loop again in ep2.

Despite all this I actually like the source 4koma. This shit's just a waste in contrast; it should have been 3-5m slot of just the real deal. This extra fuckery is just a big waste of everyone's time.

No, I get it, I wonder why would they do this then if they expect people to not just drop this like the bag of shit that it is on ep1. It's already panned quite hard by the nips; it's financial suicide.

>Do they think I'll be back for ep 2 or 3 if they keep doing that shit?
>Giving it 1 more ep
Looks like you are.

>Did you know that it's possible to enjoy things regardless of how bad they might be?
Oh shit, you're right. I love all anime now. Now I can watch anything and give it a 10/10

>watch first ep
>laugh for minutes
>come to Sup Forums
>anons inform me that I was not supposed to laugh
Classic Sup Forums.

Only in the chance that the show may have just a complete troll shitfest ep1 and then actually be something better. If it's not, I'm out, as should be everyone else who at bare minimum, had expected an at least somewhat funny or amusing show, which it's basically neither.

If it's just all like this then a few weeks in literally the only people left watching it will be just edgy/ironic fags thinking it's some epic trolling for them to waste their own time on it, and people between the ages of 8-18.

>Sup Forums has reached the point where it doesn't get post ironic meta surreal humor

>show fucking blows and isn't funny, tons of people including pretty much all japan agrees

>like, you just don't get it, man

Ok, show me its brilliance. You can't just say it's so clever and think nobody will ever cross-examine you. You think you're so smart? You think PTE is so smart? PROVE it.

>complete troll shitfest
The manga is a complete troll shitfest too

>if I don't like thing, that means everyone else must also not like it
>or else they are ironic children

youtube.com/watch?v=MkE4ZDu18qU
here is the original

PTE made me realize how bad this place has become, that's for sure

STOP ENJOYING THING

>PROVE it.
It made you go nuclear on people who enjoyed it.

fuck off ironic weebs

>didn't understand a show

The literal rick and morty of anime!

That's literally all of Sup Forums.

People only come here for 1 of 3 things:
1. Tryhard elitism making them threatened when a new element enters the fray even when that element is only there to entertain
2. Shitposting to get a ruse out of someone for the laughs
3. Having actual discussion

Oh and 4. Sources and tools for certain programs/media

Not proof. Factually, it looks like hardly anyone truly enjoyed it besides the most undeveloped of minds.

What you don't seem to get, is that this show could have easily been made in a way that would have been funny to me. I'm not here just to shit on everyone who saw 1 second of it and didn't hate it. I'm here to point out that the people who like it very likely don't even know or like the source material otherwise there is no fucking way this would be satisfying to them. And if they do know and are fine with bkub taking a shit on their face? Then fuck them, they're fucking tasteless and useless to take any word from seriously.

Rick and Morty is pretty good though

Fuck off.

>3. Having actual discussion

>this show could have easily been made in a way that would have been funny to me.
It's a shame that you aren't the king of the universe so they have no obligation to. Better luck next life.