Violet Evergarden

Is Violet Evergarden doomed now that Pop Team Epic has been confirmed to be the most popular and likely successful anime of winter 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-05/kadokawa-producer-physical-sales-are-still-important-in-anime-industry/.126019
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yep. There's only room for one anime in this town.

>avant garde moe trash

vs

>KYOANI FINDS A WAY

I'm glad PTE is going to absorb a lot of the shitposting certain series would have otherwise received.
Citrus for example would have been shitposted to death but all the redditors are in PTE threads.

Sure, Violet might get by with just scraps, but for a show that has been shilled for over 2 years and is the supposed magnum opus of Kyoani, losing to a shitposting anime as Pop Team Epic is just sad.

Give it time
Citrus 1st episode was boring

Nah, there will be even more shitposting once this drops.
Kyoanifags and anti-Kyoanifags are too strong.

>doubting kyoani

More like Taiga was too busy counting her chins to reverse troll the show.

Netflix shill will start their promo team in Sup Forums at next week, don't worry.
They will push this and Devilman as winter 2018's top 2.

Not as strong as what we've seen from Pop Team Epic so far. Over 10 threads reaching bump limit just a couple of hours after it airs, and over 20 threads right now. Half the board is anti-Kyoani and the pro-Kyoani numbers have been lessening by the years. Maidragon threads weren't even the most active of its season.

Honestly though you meant evergarden when you said avant garde moe trash.

I have a solution

We Keit-ai shitpost harder

They haven't done any successful shows in a while to be honest

>Not as strong as what we've seen from Pop Team Epic so far.

best wait until all of the contestants is here.
Veg,franxx and fate/extra still not airing yet.

Out of those 3, Evergarden will be the least popular.

>

>be KyoAni
>spends three years planning, marketing and crafting their magnum opus
>gets beaten five days before episode 1 airs by literally a 24-minutes shitpost

>avant garde moe trash
Stopped reading there. VEG will certainly be bad but that's just rude.

Yes it's over they found a way.

like poetry

Fuck, I'm enjoying this already.

To be honest, I feel like most of the hype surrounding Violet Evergarden comes from those two CMs posted on Youtube. People are expecting that level of animation in the show but those were trailers for the light novels, not the show, the average western anime fan doesn't know this, and will be disappointed when it airs. The actual PVs for the anime have less sakuga and more flapping mouths.

There's also that bit of info about how this LN is a prize winner at some contest but I doubt most people know said contest is just Kyoani's yearly scam to get more free cheap materials.

Japan isn't very hyped about Evergarden to begin with, I predict the show to not do very well.

>make an anime full of sakuga
>get beaten by anime about transition frames

WEW, I hope kyoanus is ready.

The more I see of this the worse that reddit stench smells, seriously it reeks, it's going to be a stinker

***,*34位/***,*47位 (***,170 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/01/31 ポプテピピック vol.1(Blu-ray)
***,192位/***,210位 (***,108 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/01/31 【Amazon.co.jp限定】 ポプテピピック vol.1【Blu-ray】 (全巻購入特典:「クソトートバック」引換シリアルコード付)

So what's next for Kyoani after this?

F L O P

Citrus is going to be adapted into 24 full length episodes. The whole thing is bound to be super slow at that pace in a manga thats pretty fucking repetitive.

>reddit stench
I think you're trying to hard to fit in.

>Citrus is going to be adapted into 24 full length episodes
[Source]
Passione wouldn't survive this

You can fuck off saleshitters

Yeah, fuck facts!

Worthless before shows air and irrelevant to getting sequel.

SEETHING
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-05/kadokawa-producer-physical-sales-are-still-important-in-anime-industry/.126019

Of course he will lie, why would he say to otakus that they don't need to buy disc. user, you are a retard.
Just yesteday Kakegurui got a sequel despite shitty disc sales and not even being on international Netflix

Kakegurui is a manga and it got a decent enough boost as the show aired, most of its volumes went from top 20-30 to top 10 for a while.

this bait and switch post is bkub tier

So if Team Pop Epic doesn't reference any Kyoani anime can we confirm the studio being irrelevant?

>when Violet Evergarden air it's going to break Sup Forums
>no other show will do this besides Violet Evergarden this season
>got BTFO by a shitpost anime
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Violet Evergarden? More like Violent Shitgarden.

I can already see kyoani fags spamming the board with evergarden threads just so it can seem as if it is as popular as Pop Team Epic.

Inb4 it's all a conspiracy by Aniplex

Which proves disc sales are irelevant

I`ll make a proper thread once the daily Countdown postcard is updated by kyoani

If they were irrelevant don't you think there wouldn't even put out discs to sell? They're still very relevant in anime original shows or shows with unpopular source materials, like Evergarden. It's still one way to gauge an anime's popularity.

Violet Evergarden threads will not be able to escape this now.

Only for few days more. Its not like Hibike situation was much different.

I don't really see how you could shitpost a literal anime shitpost and when the people who actually like it join in on the shitposting for a joke.

There are a few things to consider here.

Hibike S1 didn't go against any shitstorm inducing anime
Hibike S2 was a sequel and most everyone expected it to do a bit less than S1
Violet Evergarden has been on constant shilling since the first CM was released 2 years ago, this was supposed to be Kyoani's trump card, and yet it got beaten by a literal 24 minute flash shitposting animation with reddit humor.

VEG airs on Tuesday so no problem there. It will get shitposted as usual, unless the focus is on Overlord 2, which I doubt will happen. If anything, Franxx, Fate/Extra, PTE and Citrus all airs on Saturday within 2 hours of each other. That's when Sup Forums truly breaks.

It's all a conspiracy to remove shitposting from VEG threads.

Most Kyoani shows rely on shitposting to be kept alive though.

Kill everyone in this thread

Including violet evergarden

I'm marathoning this so I won't bother anyway. I will filter anything even tangentially related to VEG on Sup Forums while it's airing.

How is it like to be constantly BTFO? You stalkerfags went on saying how both MiA and Kakegurui were complete flops and they are both getting a second season.

OH NO NO NON DELTE THIS

MiA sold 5.6k, no one but shitposters said it flopped, besides, Kyoani has only greenlit sequels to shows that sell over 8k, I don't see Violet getting anywhere near that number

Wasn't this going to break Sup Forums?

Can't break what's already broken

Not anymore

Wasn't Hibike S1 pitted against Kekkai Sensen in its airing season? Although I reckon Kekkai lost the board presence battle when Reina's budget smile flooded the board.

nobody will be able to take evergarden seriously now that pop team is airing

I prefer it that way. I want my VEG threads comfy.

>He thinks VEG thread will be comfy with all the shitposting of PTE
You guys asked for it the moment everyone say that Violet Evergarden was going to break Sup Forums, now your anime will always be compared with this shitposting galore

Comfy and dead. And let's not pretend that Kyoani fags did not want all the spotlight to be on Violet.

>citrus general will entertain yurispics so they wont shitpost in normal show threads
Good

If you look at the airing schedule, VEG is truly isolated from the rest of the big hitter so like it or not it will become a target for shitposting

Because it's always extra money. VEG is already success for Kyoani because deal with Netlix is guaranted cash.

>VEG airs on Tuesday
Wednesday
>I don't see Violet getting anywhere near that number
Sales are irrelevant, Netflix deal will give them more money than they expected

>autosage
Pfftahaha

>yurispics
How do we know they are spics not fucking leaves?

>Netflix deal will give them more money than they expected
You mean bilibili

That too, if Kuromukuro, mecha show which are unpopular with normalfags these days menaged to be profitable then something popular will multiply this number

>avant garde moe trash
Thanks, this is what I'll call VEG from now on

Nice falseflagging, paco. Now fuck off.

Yes but pity money isn't' really something to brag about.

Bilibili is a free streaming service, I fail to see why that site would give them a lot of money, it's actually worse than Crunchyroll since you don't need a subscription to watch their shit and there are barely any ads.

But PTE is absolute cancer

>VEG hasn't even aired.
>Is VEG doomed now.

People literally already watched the first 3 episodes.

If you're talking about the reactions they got on social media, stop. Preview reactions are very biased and there's been countless of times where the anime in questions turns out to be a pile of garbage regardless of the pre-screening praise.

You have no idea how big Bilibili is. They can afford to pay actually more than Netflix, securing exclusive content for Chinese viewers. it is less streaming service and more exclusive livecast vloggers one like Twitch - making shit ton of money both to company and people streaming. The numbers of people watching anime streams there would make both niconico and CR pale in comparison. It licenses more anime than CR by far too and IPO worth uncomparable.

One just has to understand that there are 750+ mln internet users in China, multiple times US population. There are ONLY estimated 980 or so mln english language users on internet.

Pop Team Epic is godaweful so no.

But I'm really curious

In what sense?

>Ready Player One Weeb Edition spot the reference
>Versus an attempt to tell a story with visual art and music
Firing my cogs and almonds dude

Can you not read the OP? TPE anime has become extremely popular in just one day and it's currently #1 in preorder rank. Violet doesn't stand a chance.

>Koyani
>successful serious anime

Pick one.

At least you`ll see kyoani animating blood and explicite violence for first time since Second Raid

People where crying that KyoAni does not go "out of its safe zone", and once it does they still cry.

Guess KyoAni needs to make Mecha fanservice harem edgy cartoonish anime.

Doesn't that make it worse for kyoani?

Based on that shitty webm of her in a battlefield and the PVs it doesn't look that bloody, it actually looks very tame.

Go to the other thread and read the novel excerpts. The battlefield scenes in novel do not explicitely describe stuff - there arent many to begin with, just will be added to showcase that she infact was soldier. The other scenes do and are integral to Violet character.

The series is rated Mature on Netflix. KyoAni just makes sure not to spoil much in PVs.

I wish that guy stops spamming the excrepts, those only serves to make him appear autistic and it also spoils shit for people.

>people can't shitposting several series at the same time
You're delusional. With the amount of crossboarders on Sup Forums, shitposting is only going to increase.

No need to argue, afaik reset of the world and China's payment are about 50/50, so Kyoani get a lot from both site.

Yeah, and makes harder for shitposters like you to shitpost about novel.

I know you're trying to get people to go to your dead thread, but you're spoiling the show for everyone, hope you get banned.

Salesfags are deluded retards who still believe disc sales is some sort of deus ex machina figure, in the year of fucking 2018

>Kyoani has only greenlit sequels to shows that sell over 8k

Your ignorance is laughable as fuck. Keep barking, moron

>complaining about spoilers on Sup Forums
Gilber dies, but not really. Violet spends whole story thinking he is dead, in the end it turns he is not and they part gain since Violet still failed to became humane.

>Your ignorance is laughable as fuck. Keep barking, moron

Chuu2 - 15k, got second season
Free! - 29k, got second season
Free!! - 20k, got third season
Hibike! Euphonium - 8k, got second season
Kyokai no Kanata - 4k, did not get second season
Maidragon - 3k, did not get second season
Phantom World - 2k, did not get second season
Tamako Market - 4k, did not get second season

You = Blown the fuck out