Was it actually a suicide attempt?

Was it actually a suicide attempt?

It's just that day of the month.

She didn't harm herself in any way which would indicate a suicide attempt, so no.
But she was definitely depressed as fuck.

Tub Girl?

Best Girl

She just wanted to take a bath. Girls love baths.

how tf you gonna suicide in a bath?

Slit your artery up your forearm. Warm water stops the blood from clotting.

slit your wrists in the bathtub. hot water dulls the pain and keeps the blood from clotting as quickly.

yes.

See this is what fans of EVA, especially fans of Asuka don't get about her character. She's a manic depressive, and extremely suicidal. She's mentally ill and wants to die.

Note the theme here? we have 3 mentally ill children being asked to fight for the world's future. You can't tell me NERV didn't want them to fail. No screening process in the world would have approved these three children to pilot anything.

You realize the whole point was that they were the only ones that could sync right? It's not like they got the job due to skill.

implying

Nope, he has no external injuries. it was an abortion

An abortion requires a doctor to perform, dumb Asukafag.

I reject your heresy!

Asuka can never be Shinji's girl, her heart only belongs to her dear Oniisama, Kaji-san!

Can be done with meds as well.

There has been no inclination she has received drugs from Ritsuko or any doctor from NERV. If she did, it was for PTSD which she didn't get either.

oh you're so silly mental illness kun

No she was preparing her cosplay of one of her favorite film characters, Buffalo Bill's mom.

She also dies during what would be the early second trimester so there's that

It's a Chumbawumba reference.

The only one with a mental illness is someone who keeps pairing Asuka with Shinji, even though they really HATE each other.

no. and its also not caused by the angel

it happens immediately aftert he coffee scene in episode 24

shinji strangles her

She trying to kill herself right as her first period hit.

But they clearly like each other, they just struggle with their insecurities.
I mean the first thing Asuka does upon meeting him is dress him up and pull him inside her eva.
And then there's thermal expansion.

>being this retarded
Shinji strangles what he percieves as Asuka in his mind just before starting instrumentality, that shit never happened. You fucking mongoloid.

almonds activated

Asuka gloats when she thinks Shinji is dead, mocks the death of his mother on the anniversary, she bullies him and assaults him. In End of Eva she clearly shows she wants nothing to do with him, calls him pathetic.

We know what Shinji thinks of Asuka, he tries to kill her twice and masturbates over. Its a relationship with no friendship at all, all lust and pure disdain for each other.

jesus you may have the most one dimensional thought of any person to ever visit this board

His heart belongs to someone else too, she better take what she can get.

That's because you're viewing the characters interaction through shipping goggles, you can't see what the characters for who they really are. Several of the EVA staff have laughed at the idea of them ever being a couple.

Shinji's heart belongs to some one else, and A/S can't stand each other. Maybe some random military guy will marry her like in Ayanami Raising Project, much better.

That's litterally all there is to their relationship.
99.9% of all of the tsundere stuff is made by the producers of EVA to salvage and shill the character to an audience who outright loathed her and all of the SHES REALLY HOT FOR SHINJI and THEY FUCKED AND SHE GOT PREGGERS stuff comes from creepy otaku and projecting loser cunts/queers.

She outright fucking hates him and she only came onto him because she was horny and lonely and he was the closest safest male around.

Same thing for shinji. He hates her guts but he's a horny lonely young man, she's female and he has strong feelings towards her that can be easily transferred to hatesex and hatefilled don't stop till her eyes roll into the back of her head and she faints rape.
She's such a bad fucking person that she manages to fuck up a sure fuck with a horny easily manipulated teenage boy that would have become her walking dildo/knight in shining armor if she was even SLIGHTLY nice to him.

Their relationship was so bad, she is such a toxic broken cunt and he's such an absolute thirsty loser that she ended up a fucking lonely unfuckable virgin who tried to kill herself and shinji is such a thirsty lonely imbecile that he was considering going full on pound the boipussy fag because kaworu(sp?) was the first person that was genuinely nice to him.

They had without a doubt the WORST relationship in the entire series and Misato was a fucking retard for putting them in the same fucking house.
Should have sent Asuka to live with Toji(they'd have been fucking like rabbits within the week and she'd have mellowed out and had someone who'd put her in her place or be the kind of adversarial person who'd help her become a strong woman rather then a self destructive basket case) and moved rei and shinji in. They'd probably fuck all of once but Rei and Shinji would have become very very close and they'd both have been able to find something in each other that they both needed. Humanity and kindness.

I'm not reading your high school level interpretation.
Try watching the series again, it's pretty clear you didn't understand the shows message at all

Even LAS/Asukafag place like Evageeks can't help but admit that they hated each other and a relationship only built on lust.

Not sure why were all still discussing this relationship, even though its made quite clear by the staff that its all a done deal and will never EVER happen.

implying nearly every relationship on planet earth is not like this

Fans once asked if A/S is like Orihime and Hikoshi (star crossed lovers in Tanabata), a few members of the EVA creative team said it would like raining nonstop if they were.

Basically, the relationship is NOT approved at all by the creators.

no, it's just you

tanabata is about fated or ideal love you dork

asuka and shinji are fucked up modern teenagers

fairy tales are not real, just fyi

implying most people are not fuckd up, stupid, and selfish, and if they have any heart or intelligence at all, they learn caring and compassion after the throes of lust

if you disagree you might feel free to live amongst your "totally kind and caring" brethren in niggeria

>tanabata is about fated or ideal love you dork
Except Kaworu and Shinji is, they even got married. Asuka still has nobody.

She has me

>implying most people are not fuckd up, stupid, and selfish
implying that selfishness and hate are conducive to building a relationship

Take a whole bunch of painkillers until you pass out and drown/overdose

they are inherent in all humanity you retard

ok. feel free to believe that everyone's interactions can be modeled on those of mentally unstable 14 year olds

how about they actually house the pilots under the GeoFront, where they can, you know, actually get to the Evas when its needed instead of being crushed whenever an Angel's random path happens to pass by the school or their apartments

Wait, there are people who don't think Shinji x Asuka is the most canon?
What the hell?
Where did all this shit come from?

Keeping them in sterile apartments like that and only allowing them to go to school and have competent experienced adults take care of and keep an eye on them?
Not enough cheap and deeply stupid drama.

Yeah. Bad ones.
Lots of bad relationships out there.
Lots of awful and fucked up people out there being forced to have awful relationships by circumstances.

>Implying this highschool tier forced drama drivel needs DEEEP over interpretation that can only be accomplished by navel gazing imbeciles and navel gazing imbeciles with tens of thousands of dollars wasted on degrees and nothing worth while to show for it.
Nigga, grow up.
It's dead fucking simple.
The message is fucking stupid and simple as well.
It's cynical mistanthropic trash. Period.
The only thing I'm really interested in, is how can people who are so fundamentally fucking fucked up able to function or accomplish fucking anything.
The morons should have self destructed LONG before any goddamned angles showed up.

I blame reifags

this is coming from an asukafag
Asuka and Shinjis relationship can not be simplified to just asuka loves shinji or vice versa, because the show is not as simple as that
they would have probably been a couple if not for the fact that Shinji eventually becomes better than Asuka at piloting the EVA. Asukas entire character rdies on the fact that people will admire her if she's the best EVA pilot.
one more thing
You retards that ship characters and obsess over waifus completely miss the entire point of the show. The only relationship in the show that is canon is Misato and Kaji.
get over it faggots
this show pulled a very emotional response out of me, and I hate to see everything devolve in to the waifu discussion.

>Wait, there are people who don't think Shinji x Asuka is the most canon?
That would be Kawoshin, dumb Asukafag. The staff have laughed at all notions of A/S ever being a thing. Why do you think they dramatically changed their relationship in the manga? Because of faggots like you.

Electric shock?

Even the fujoshi who used to post here understand Asuka more than you, Kaworufag used to post alot of interesting stuff about Asuka I never knew. I'll will say this: fujoshi understand Asuka better than her waifufag fanbase.

Asuka and Shinji hate each other.
Also, Shinji was better at using the Eva from the first moment he stepped into one.

Things are dead fucking simple and there is nothing deep or clever to it.
They're both fucked up and had no business being in the same room with each other for any reason.
Also, Asuka has been proven to be a liability that should have been completely replaced the moment she proved herself to be both an incompetent pilot and a negative influence on the team.
Also Shinji needed more school time around decent students his own age as well as someone to talk too.

You clearly have zero idea how human interactions work.

Kill yourself, shipper fag.

>choking and masturbating are normal human interactions
>hitler image
Why are Asukafags so stupid?

Let's look at things logically.
>There isn't much of a human population to begin with, so let's rule out that he's suddenly going to meet someone

So Shinji's options are:
>Not-quite-human clone of his mother
>Chronic alcoholic trainwreck of a woman twice his age
>Definitely-not-human yaoi bait but not really because it's more so asexual and non-romantic who can't go much more than 30min in this series without dying
>Some random girl with glasses who fell out of the sky and has a creepy fetish for tang and shows zero interesting in him
>A healthy human girl his age who flirts with him constantly, and I mean freaking constantly

HMMMMM, I wonder what the most healthy and logical of those options is!

I never thought she tried to kill herself, I always assumed she had just given up and had been sitting on her own shit and piss for a while in that tub. I mean, whst else does that brown, stale water look like to you?

>Asuka
>healthy
Please apply yourself next time

She also has her period in one of the later episodes, talking in an annoyed tone to herself about how she doesn't care for being a mother, so why should she suffer through that.

Where have I seen this person before? Must have been a pub in Munich, I vaguely remember seeing him with the butcher's boy and a fat man in white.

Nah, she'll be fucked by Mari.

Yes it was a suicide attempt.

In the version of evangelion I've seen (idk, that screenshot must be from pre-renewal or something), the bottom of the tub is blood-red. Also note the neatly folded clothes next to her, which is something that almost all suicidal people do before actually killing themselves.

>asexual and non romantic
[platonic handholding while naked intensifies]

Why doesn't NERV have psychologists who take care of their pilots? Most of the stupid shit that happens could have been avoided if these kids had gotten professional help.

why is her apartment such a dump? also there is no spout for the tub only a showerhead.