Is this the worst battle shounen ever made?

Is this the worst battle shounen ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-7uuV7B7mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Op thread is complete go home

Hello

It's at least better than Bleach and DBZ.

I know that everybody has different opinions but no way in hell that Fairy Tail is better than Bleach or DBZ.

Black Clover and Reborn exist

Reborn is fine

I unironically think Black Clover is fucking great.

I'm pretty sure there are worse, but out of what I've read Fairy Tail is the worst.

More creative, occasionally, there are good fights.

Friendship and adventure are my fetish so I can't hate it.

No. I read SWOT and it was worse.

no that's dragon ball

at least fairy tail has great music and top waifus

It was fine until the future arc.

Say whatever the fuck you want about fairy tail, but it got away with making a guy fuck a loli and get her pregnant.

those are both wrong

No it use to be good but it turn into shit but it's better than dragon ball super.

It was until they just gave upgrades at the beginning of each arc, they could have done more with different flame types counteracting others but they didn't

After Tenrou Island it shit the bed so hard it's not even funny. Goddamn

Apparently MASHIMAAAA wants to start his new manga this year. Hopefully it'll be better. I expect top tier waifus again.

I used to love this manga and was hyped as fuck when the anime was announced. Why did it have to turn into shit? Did Mashima not care anymore?

Nice meme

You going to post an actual argument or just wait for Goku to show up and do everything for you?

people don't like it for the battle shounen

Final Flash Theme? Vegeta's Theme? Cell's Theme?
I'm not crazy for DBZ, but there's a ton of great songs within it.

I'll first make it clear that I don't like I'm not a Fairy Tail fan and I don't like it much. But DBZ and Bleach are just so lacking in ideas, they're not hard to beat, even mediocrity like Fairy Tail beats it. It rarely at least has some creativity in the fights like with Erza vs Midnight or Gray vs Ultear. Doesn't happen often but they're there, more than anything Bleach or DBZ has.

You're rating DBZ and Bleach ntirely basd on memes, you're aware of that?

Probably not but nothing is really coming to mind right now.

I dunno

So is it over?

> Is this the worst battle shounen ever made?
Low level bait is low level.
If it was the worst it would have been axed and not actually get a 100% anime adaptation alongside 2 movies.

>this

Nothing wrong with that. Unlike most of this garbage at least Black Clover knows what it is and instead of some forced "deepness" we get focus on comedy and battles. Plot is there to deliver this two points.
Makes it automatically better than the battle shounens who try to seem deep but arent.

it's better than Boruto and his dad

Falconer music is not canon.

your a pretty swell guy

Dragging on fights for dozens of episodes only to end in a shitty asspull gets boring.

Rave is worst

No that title goes to Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Nah, as much as I hate Fairy Tail because of how bad it is overall, I do have to admit that it has some redeeming qualities. There's very few of them, but they're redeeming qualities nonetheless. Boku no Hero Academia on the other hand...

Yes.
It's so fucking bad I legit don't understand how more than 3 episodes were even allowed to be produced

Fairy Tail has shit waifus. Literally every Dragon Ball girl excluding Chi Chi is better. And fuck you DB has great music. Unmei No Hi Cha La Head Cha La and many others.

i disagree with this sentiment

>No training arc to hype up the next fight against the big bad of the current arc
>Pulls new moves out of nowhere to win difficult fights
>MC's power is very generic
>World building is pretty much non-existent
Yep, it's pretty bad. At least Rave had a decent world building and the MC's ability is pretty creative and had a good variety.

Fairy Tail tries to have an interesting world but everything it tries to establish falls apart. All the little snippets of the Dragon Ball world that we are ever of are much coherent and fit better together than that of Fairy Tail.Having different dimensions and a bunch of factions doesn't equal good world building. Not to mention both the the character designs and the characters themselves beat Fairy Tail by a long shot and the power ups don't become to nonsensical until the Buu saga arrives.

Only just started this show because I usually avoid shounen.

It has so much more fan service than I thought.

Yeah dude your straight out lying theres some semen demons in Fairy Tail

Damn who's THIS semen demon?

Black Clover is bad though. A better example of unapologetic battle shounen is Nanatsu no Taizai because at least that has likeable characters and coherent lore.

t. never read Bleach
The fights being creative nonsense was the only reason people kept reading past the Aizen arc.

Nanatsu started well but its not in the "adventure" type shounen like Black Clover is.
> at least that has likeable characters
Subjective point. There are quite a lot of chars people like in Black Clover too, just because you dont have one doesnt mean anything.
> and coherent lore.
Nobody bothers to actually talk about shit of NNT. Thats why it seems non-contradictory.
> King pulling his "real form chastiefol" out of his ass at the time the fairy forest was attacked while he did nothing of the like against hendrickson even if it would have killed him immediately or at least brought him down to Meliodas and co level.
> Merlin is immune against the commandments but got affected by galans commandment and needed to free herself.
> Escanors power suddenly became a battery once he fought with evil-Meliodas instead of one who goesup and down with the movement of the sun.
And im sure i could name more.
For all the shit people give to Black Clover, i dont remember it has any real contradictions in lore.

Fuck off you meme piece of shit
Goku powering up for 2 episodes >>>>>>>>>>> Nakama Punch garbage anyday

And if we're counting the manga than DBZ shits on Fairy Fail

Kill yourself you little faggot
DB has God-tier music by God-tier Shunsuke Kikuchi. Fairy Tail has gay ass shit.

No Black Clover is.

lol no
you have shit taste

That's easily post freezer Dragonball and Dragonball super.

Holy fucking this guy. I'll never understand how a human being can become rabid cultist of something with 0 creativity like Dragonball. Not even imprinting and nostalgia shit can explain it when it's such a terrible and empty series. Or maybe nostalgia us really that strong.

FT is about as bad as you can get without crossing into being mind-numbingly boring or obnoxiously stupid.

The character antics are kinda entertaining and relaxing without being hilarious or maximum comfy.
The action is okay, even if it's formulaic, powered by "muh nakama" asspulls, and won't really suck you in with its intensity.
The plot and setting are in the background.

All in all, I'd say that its not even close to the worst manga to ever attempt the idea of super powered martial arts, but it's not really worth your time, either. It's uninspired.

FT had some interesting concepts in terms of different types of magic (card magic, crash magic, etc) and their interactions and then shit the bed by making NAKAMA POWER the greatest magic of all.

Not the same guy, but your message are weird.
You're basically saying that anyone disagreeing with you are blinded by nostalgia. It kind of feel like you're just trying to bait people.

Back to the topic : Toriyama is way, way better than Mashima when it comes to fights' choreography, tension, and can wrap up his arcs in a satisfying manner. He created enemies far more memorable than anyone's from Fairy Tail, and its cast had better character development.

DBZ managed to became more serious without trying (and failing ) to be edgy.

I could go on and on about how Dragon Ball is superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-7uuV7B7mo

Best OP.

kek

at least it has the best waifus

aaand OP's thread pretty much sums up why I avoid shonen shit.

>Dragonball
>lots of setting development
>fights don't just follow a repetitive formula
>some semblance of rules to how the setting's martial arts system works; Goku isn't suddenly going to absorb lightning and start shooting lightning bolts because why the fuck not (that's lazy, not creative)
>following that, plot is at least somewhat consistent

>people actually trying to claim that FT is better than DB

I do like Natsu and Lucy more than DB's cast, though.