Remember how amazing this studio used to be?

Remember how amazing this studio used to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=za8yd4Bu754
youtube.com/watch?v=8NYKMzG8yys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I think of Gonzo, I think of two things; the blue muppet and Blassreiter. I can't remember anything after that shitty zombie series.

That's because you're underage.
Adults remember them for Last Exile, Kaleido Star, Welcome to the NHK, Full Metal Panic among others.

Tower of Gonzo
Full metal panic

They were good in some regards. But most others are shit.

they were a joke 10y ago already. dunno baut here, but in russian anime community gonzo kinda became a meme in that regard that it will often start an anime with an interesting premise but will also undoubtedly fail to wrap the story up in a satisfactory manner.

Gonzo was and always will be a shit that released one good show in its entire lifetime

They filed a bankruptcy a long time ago. I'm not sure how did they able to resurrect their company like that.

Don't you have some innocent Ukrainians to murder, Ivan?

Was the sequel to Last Exile any good? I've heard mixed reviews and since it doesn't follow the main characters from Last Exile, I don't know if I want to pick it up.

t. idiot

They were always a mixed bag at best. Generally couldn't stick the landing on their originals.

They were the early leader in CG mecha shows

I think of Vandread and laugh about arguments over CG.

It's a gone-by era. Only those who were around to experience it can appreciate the feels of watching old intros like the one for Last Exile. Unfortunately, as time goes by, there will be less, and less people around who will remember, and more try-hard, snarky underage edgelords who only know what's currently new, and tell you "it's all shit, everything is shit!", but at least you get to take those awesome memories with you in your heart forever

youtube.com/watch?v=za8yd4Bu754

Vandread mind

yea, an none of us remember either of this shows positively. particularly the absolute garbage that is NHK

I really liked Tower of Druaga and Last Exile.

They made the two best shows last year, so I'd say they still are.

I liked Sore ga Seiyuu at least

and then they never modernized their cg past that point, but kept using it. lots of it.

Yes. And then they tore out plot from Kiddy Grade 2, the studio split because of creative differences and gonzo kept making 0 budget series like LE2

I loved Vandread. Really needs a better re-release though

ctrl f Saki
ctrl f Strike Witches
0 results

out, everyone, and watch them. We need fresh blood in tanoshii threads.

>Blassreiter
>Tower of Druaga
these were some of the first series simulcasted in the west on Youtube, Bost.tv, and a fansubber site that went legit, crunchyroll.

Grew up with Romeo X Juliet and the Pumpkin Scissors anime.

Gonzo? More like Gonezo.

I miss their heyday. Weren't afraid to take risks and experiment with visual style, even if they did fuck up with time and budget distribution a lot of the time.

I did like Sore ga Seiyuu though.

t. An assmad ukranian

>Pumpkin Scissors
I'm still upset they never continued with S2.

Why is that everytime people go out their way to bash this studio they also don't know about this or can't name anything they made in the last five years? It's like you don't even watch their works and base your opinion on literally nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=8NYKMzG8yys

No, i only remember how shitty they were. It was not surprising they went bankrupt. Twice.

The new Gonzo is actually decent, liked their recent shows.

Damn straight.

I've heard mostly negative things, but having seen it I can only say that it wasn't that bad. People were probably disappointed because the first one was so good. The second one does not come anywhere close, but relative to all the other anime out there I'd say it is a bit above average.

>Gonzo thread
>no mention of Gankutsuou
come on now

I will have to watch it again, I just remember that the blue haired girl was best girl, the redhead was a tsundere, there was some femdom and a dude lost his hair each time he went into a sphere or something, don't remember shit about the plot

VERY cute fishe

Amazing art.

It's a fish eat fish world

some of this was cool but the mecha battles were cheesy and the anime-original ending was atrocious

>tfw no fish gf

GONZOOO.

Nothing to LOLGONZO about.

They still kind are whenever they put out a show I love it. Akiba's Trip last year was amazing.

I'd guess at least 90% of people talking about the anime industry don't actually know what they're talking about. They hear stuff that seems probable to them based on some limited experience and they go with it.

Gonzo always got hate for that time that they did so shit anime after shit anime for a sketch of time in the 00s. When RT hey improved, people refused to get go of the meme.

I agree the ending was shit but the ride was fucking fun even with the trippy effects. The mech battles were few and between but I did like the style of them and come on, you cried when Franz died.

Fuck, what was the name of that video?

Kanamewo. She wasn't actually a fish though, just looked like one.

I remember them going downhill with uninteresting CGI-heavy shows.

>Extreme HD
>it's just 720p