Fix it

fix it.
HARD MODE: don't make it full satire

Take the Online Game shit out and put it in REAL fantasy setting. There.

delete every character except kirito

that sounds like taking out everything but edge

Remove Yui and Asuna

>mc is a girl
>everyone is trying to rape her
>make it more echii
There I fixed it.

End it after they defeat the first game. While objectively better characters came later, the first season't story and plot were the entire point of the series. It stopped being fun after they escaped virtual hell.

romance ruins it. i enjoy the thought of having mc being lonewolf

Basically Personally I don't care about SAO issues; I think it's a cute trainwreck

does kirito still act like Edge mac Shadow?

Extend the actual sword art online part to flesh out more levels and cut more alfheim shit.

Progressive

>Remove all other female characters except Asuna
>Kirito no longer has his gary stu twin sword bullshit
>have them actually clear the game as intended
>kayaba killed himself after setting up SAO so no bullshit heathcliff storyline

I'd say that fixes most of 1st cour

Delete the second arc and make the first one twice as long. I didn't need to be watching the equivalent of pixie Mario.

The catch was they were all dead any way and they were all just copes of their consciousness. This leaves the death element in place.

Now they can explore the deeper meaning of existence.

Yui is an actual product of the two MC's love now and a miracle of self evolving computer code.

They can start to build a proper and stable community as people start to except their new life.

They finish the game.

Make the bushido sidekick guy the MC
Scrap kirito altogether

Make it about Silica.

This. Everything else falls into place. It automatically makes it about beating the game instead of muh waifu and muh daughteru.

make kirito a girl and dates the red hair guy

Fucking these.

>Kirito is netorared by Klien and Andrew
>Alfheim becomes a SOL sidestory
>Sinon becomes main love interest

I only watched the first episode, so make the "trapped in a game" more believable. Even .hack's coma thing made more sense.

Separate it out and make the first part more serious.
I just cant get over the fact that all of the first characters should have intense PTSD, but after they escape, the show loses any weight at all - they go about like nothing happened. I would have liked if it expanded on how each character's experiences had affected them, and how the world would react to a source of PTSD not seriosly seen anywhere before: video games that kill people. Also, there should be way more backlash for the company/game system if *people fucking died*. - I'd be fine with Alfheim, but make it more serious in terms of how much of a front from the original creator it is, and less rapey.

For the second season, I would have all previous characters go into GGonline, and make the plot not so dependent on MC-kun solofagging, and maybe show how each character has to change how they game to match GGO. A lot of the other fantasy stuff afterwards was just unneeded. Get rid of the "save the elves and get the sword" arc totally, and skip straight to Yuuki for the feels - and have more feels between Yuuki and the other characters because *death is serious to them*. SAO could have become a much more serious and deep show, but it let itself down.

Or, just give Sinon her own show - make it a spinoff to SAO but in another game - keep everything to do with actual SAO in Alfheim and fantasy, and have different ideas in each show - one is military focused and the other is fantasy focused.

>Shortened versions if you don't want to read all of that: keep a serious tone throughout and make everything have more meaning OR take out GGO and make it its own show with Sinon as MC (and keep SAO to only fantasy)

Kirito cucking Asuna for Kizmel, but Kizmel cucking Kirito for Asuna.

Interesting.

Skip to Alicization arc and pretend nothing before it happened.

Just have Kirito be an ugly fat American weeblord.

Progressive.
Done.

Remove tentacle threats.

It's not online anymore and is just a fantasy world. Kirito is ragtag adventurer who uses artifacts enhances his abilities and likes to go fuck around with people he doesn't like. Asuna is a princess and Klein is Kiritos Daisuke Jigen. The harem doesn't exist and it's just the trio going around and doing what they feel like.

Actually explore the other people with special skills and what they had to deal with. Or remove that altogether.
Flesh out more of the world and the castle.
No magic computer baby.
No "muh willpower allowed me to attack even though I had 0 hp."
Actually clear the whole castle. Show the struggle as they start running out of people and have to persuade the ones just living daily lives or even bad guys to help. Don't mind if they keep the Heathcliff but just have it at the end.
Has a short epilogue after they clear the game and then it ends.

>No "muh willpower allowed me to attack even though I had 0 hp."
What? You never abused a 0hp bug that let you attack other players after you've already died?

I don't need to, Kawahara already fixing it with SAOP and that shit better than any LN right now

Base it off something other than Kirito Monologue Online.
To be honest, I think the anime did a good job cutting that shit out.

Make it so Kirito actually fucking earns his overpowered abilities and explains legitimately why and how.

Also doing a bit of research into how online gaming works wouldn't hurt the mangaka.

> fix it.
Easy.
Instead of "trapped in video game" make this into a real isekai where ALL people are teleported and tons of features get real instead of being game-crap.
The world will be filled with people and Kirito will become a lone swordsman who has his forte in speed. So he isnt unbeatable, but OP. And he actually gets all this generic shit like scars and worn out clothes alongside a muscular (of course scarred body that is still making all girls wet).
AND have him fucking grow. The plot goes on for years so Kirito will grow too.

>SAO:GGO
>Sinon ecchi

Throw it in the trash and watch Log Horizon instead.

develop the 1-3 episode and go full adventure
Don't go farther

This
Also let there be consequences, don't introduce people only to kill them of the next episode keep people guessing, let the characters have flaws that actually matters and impact the story, don't use timeskips as often it kills the pacing especially if you use one right at the beginning, don't suddenly change the rules without any foreshadowing, don't just say stuff like "this person is important" or "this character cares about this person" also show it.

SAO had potential but was ruined by bad passing, lowered stakes, horrible things happening to people of no importance other then to have horrible things happen to them purely for shock value, pointless diversions and bland characters.

Remove all the rape villains.

>Make Asuna the MC
>Have her struggle to cure Kirito's autism
Done.

Make getting out of the game alive literally impossible. Then skip 20 years in the future, most of the players have killed them selves, some have even died of natural causes in the real world. The story focuses on those too scared to die and have become complacent with their virtual hell.

>fix it.
Log Horizon and Overlord already exist though