So, Grancrest Senki. Is anyone even watching it?

So, Grancrest Senki. Is anyone even watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9dJjDENFI
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=record_of_grancrest_war
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i downloaded the episode but couldnt motivate myself yet. it just looks too much like the persian anime from last season.

As a huge Lodoss fan I want to give it a chance but am thus far not super impressed

The aesthetics reminded me of that Tigre El Luchador Vanadis animu. Shit moved way too fast and looks like a generic cash in, but there is nothing to watch until Fate/Extra so fuck it

It's OK. Interesting to have a female MC who actually has a brain of her own, though. ED also promises brown maid twin sisters so I'm in.

you cannot escape the Saber

It was good, gonna be a fun action adventure

I did and it was pretty underwhelming.

Very JRPG so I'm down.

Didn't even realize this was getting an anime, the manga is fun.

It felt rushed, things happened too fast. Should've flesh things out more and then end at the contract with the mage girl. I hope it's just a case of a rocky start because there are some interesting things. I might try the second episode.

>not isekai
Only reason I'm watching it and so far not disappointed.

Same guy behind Lodoss. Girl is badass.
But I have a feeling it'd be better as a strategy game.

I am. The episode was sort of weird, but I like Siluca, and I feel like I've been getting a bad habit recently of dropping shit for petty reasons, so I'm probably on board for the whole ride.

I didn't know this got an anime, thanks for the notice OP.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. The direction was good and there were nice piece of animation. Pacing is a little too fast I hope it was just to introduce the whole Crest concept in one episode. Nice addition to the manga either way.

Did Ryo Muzuno falling in the isekai/mmorpg bulshit or still in the old school of medieval fantasy?

What a fucking cunt.

The princess was a fuckhead, the mage is a dick but MC seems pretty cool.
I wish someone would pick up the novel.

I do. Top tier.

/tg/ DnD tabletop series disguised as JRPG so that shitposters skip it.

Best thing since Slayers and Legend of Legendary Heroes

Managed to watch about 15 minutes of it before dropping it.

I only have tiny bit of interest due to it being based on a tabletop roleplaying game. Not too exciting on its own though.

How do mana cores for upgrading the crest work?
Do you get stronger the more cores you absorb?
Or is it just the strongest one that counts?

I wish there was a CKII style game for this...

As expected of the man named Ryo Mizuno, will he ever be topped?

cheap shit from a1, for 2 cours, no thanks

The more he absorb cores, the greater his Crest will be.

But a1 cheap shit of the season is Franxx. Grancrest and Slow Start are where they pooling all resources into

It's not isekai nor rpg. Why the fuck you retards even call anything in fantasy setting a mmo?

Also new Nanatsu so 4 shows this season

It is tabletop DnD based RPG.

franxx also has trigger to help on the animation, so no, this is already painfully generic and boring, the visuals look like shit and it's only downhill from here because of the two cours

>t. brainlet typemoonfag

>the visuals look like shit
Confirmed for not even having watched the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kd9dJjDENFI

What looks like shit is Franxx PV with barely any animation, QUALITY, shitty backgrounds and cheap CGI

Yeah I am, though it's literally too early to know how it'll turn out if you ask me

how pathetic, posting the OP? are you a newfag?

No, Franxx looks good.
This does too, has already a few sakuga scenes sakugabooru.com/post?tags=record_of_grancrest_war

Even that moeshit show by them has sakuga

just a bunch of boring flashy movement BS, I wish sakugabooru would only list actually good sakuga on their shit site, just because a show has extra animation, it doesn't mean much if the overall aesthetic of the show is ugly, that's how it is for the majority of A1 pictures' shit

>No, Franxx looks good.
Thanks for laugths. Next thing you say Fate Extra looks good too. I will not talk about actual show, but PV looks like ass.

The king / duke guys had huge fucking crests, that's going to take a while. When he absorbed the demon's crest it only increased by a little, same with the other lord.

Digibrony is that you?
The PV didnt had many scenes, but the few scenes they showed had above average animation, better than most of the seasonal shows

I'm no e-celeb faggot

>better than most of the seasonal shows
Better than what seasonal show?

Of what aired so far:
Pop Team Epic
Grancrest War
Card Captor Sakura
Yurucamp
Devilman
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
Overlord
Slow Start

All looked better. As said before, both other A-1 shows Slow Start and GW are better. Let alone upcomming 7sins backed by netflix.

>e-celeb
Someone is a bit full of himself, init.

Lol absolutely nothing in the first episode suggested it is a "DnD tabletop series"

Why do you insist to wave your ignorance as a flag? Does getting in shameful situations arose you? Are you an M?

Just as Lodoss War, this one is based on existing tabletop rpg game, based on DnD mechanics. The novels and manga are just pretty much recording of a game session. Similarly Lodoss, Slayers, (and shitty Chaos Dragon) were the same.

Even if you were completely unaware of it and too lazy to look up the show before or when it aired, you could have at least see the intricacities and details of exposition and mechanics they introduce in first episode. This is not generic fantasy. Its a world where setting is very well thought out - magic mechanics, factions, lore in different historic periods, locations, cosmology etc.

Similarly as Slayers, behind the silly comedy adventures had VERY solid groundwork that would make likes of Berserk look like silly random comic.

Generall suggestion, for those who watched it expecting just a jrpg or light novel generic fantasy. Rewatch the episode paying attention to everything shown and said and not dismiss details as unimportant, as usually is with typical fantasy anime.

[[ EXPOSITION DUMPS: THE ANIME]]

I'll give it 2 more episodes, but jesus christ is this piece of shit hamfisted.

>images for ants

Well, that kinda sucked.
It had some interesting moments but not enough to be compelling.

I'm not up to date with the newest chapter of manga and if a crest holder dies what happens to the crest, can it be taken by anyone around them at the time of death or is it lost? Seemed to me like the archduke's daughter from the wedding still wields power in one of the blocs so does she have her own crest?

So the mage can just summon more dogs, the knight can kill them and level up. All without the need to travel

But what if he wont get any more experience from those dogs

Welcome to DnD. The downside, when GM sees you doing that he`ll make it so next time you summon a skeleton, it turns out to be a cursed spirit of withering that will drain your levels using the master/servant link you established with him during summon

Shit like that is the best thing about DnD.
The DM and one or more player being in a tug of war. It makes for great entertainment.

This looks like a wholesome campaign with none of participants being dicks which is fine too.
Red dragon was the opposite but it ended up with a shit adaptation, you win some and you lose some I guess.

I wish i wasn't, but i am starved for fantasy shit that is not isekai, and there is always hope that it will turn out better in later episodes.

Its pretty dumb. MC has no reason to go along with this crazy bitch. Yes there are benefits, but he knows nothing about her asides from the fact that everything she does is super high risk. And MC isn't meta anough to know he's wearing plot armor.

And the whole war premise is a bit dumb. If it's established that demons are an out side force and BOTH factions lost their heads, then it only makes sense to unite to face the thread, I see no reason why they wouldn't use the marriage as a morale boosting chip, and a power grab to pull all loose forces under their banner. The prince dude seems like a bit of a cuck.

mc is a white knight, that's why he follows the innocent and fragile witch.
from what I understood, the bride didn't want the marriage and she was the one who instigated the demon beheading incident to avoid marrying and stopping the war

>from what I understood, the bride didn't want the marriage and she was the one who instigated the demon beheading incident to avoid marrying and stopping the war
Welp. That explains that then.

Okay
So what in the first episode remotely suggested it was based on DnD mechanics?
"Very well thought out" is exceedingly vague, and very stupidly, just your opinion.

Don't worry, I'm patient. I can wait for you to finish your sperglord autism outburst before I see some actual references and examples - oh, wait, no I won't because that won't happen because there were none.

First episode didn't blow me away, but I'll give it time. Hope it gets better as it goes on.

I hope for more tits

Animators threw dice between every keyframe to see what quality it would turn out.

>from what I understood, the bride didn't want the marriage and she was the one who instigated the demon beheading incident to avoid marrying and stopping the war
Was this mentioned in the episode? Because I was as confused as the other user and had the exact question as him.

>Red dragon
>Nasu getting a critical failure on a mundane check and ends up crashing a plane
>Urobuchi decapitating the DM's waifu and running for it
>Urobuchi blackmails Narita to build him a winch mechanical arm which he used to kidnap one of the player's NPC sister
>That Nasu Vs Urobuchi showdown

That shit was god-tier, shame about the anime.
I hope this is successful so we get more anime based on TRPG replays, there is a shit ton of them waiting to be adapted.

Autistic detail != good worldbuilding. If it did people would actually like FSS. The show is ugly wish fulfillment regardless of underlying mechanics.

it wasn't mentioned but implied. she was quick to abandon her to be husband, also her helper, the knife guy who now helps the witch stopped her from interfering when she wanted to save the lords from the chaosh explosion
it's all too convenient to be a coincidence

Best girl.

The armour protecting her important parts

It's pretty good. At least something i look forward to every week.

I read volume one of the LN because of the anime and it's absolute shit. The tactics are retarded and extremely shallow.

Siluca also gets endlessly circlejerked as an absolute genius even though all her plans are extremely shallow and fails at the most crucial moments.

Meanwhile, Theo doesn't have a personality beyond HE'S SUCH A NICE GUY. He's literally a side character in the LN (the LN follows Siluca) whose main purpose is to be Siluca's yes man.

To be fair, with the unexpected way Vol1 ended Vol2 will probably be better but I already lost interest.

From the thread yesterday seems like the adaptation was pretty shit in explaining things.Seems it would be better to read the manga or the LN before investing your time (worthless or not) in a shit adaptation.

To be fair i just want to fuck Siluca.

it was generic as shit and its only achievement is finally finding something worse than black clover

>tfw nobody says this about the 20 copy paste moeshit airing this season but they complain about the only straight fantasy show

those are all as expected and the entire genre is garbage so why bother stating the obvious

You say that about every show you don't like.

it looked so fucking shit and it was

You mean the Turkish one?
that show was actually good, though

The anime will catch up with the manga in like what,4 episodes?The pacing is really fast and how is this getting 24 episodes?

I actually like the characters and setting,it's more medieval fantasy and has a very jrpg feel than a typical fantasy anime

He might mean Arlsan, Altair was very unpopular on Sup Forums.

It's LN not manga.

What actual human reads LN when they have the manga at their disposal?

People who read the source material, is this going to be some edgy or grim anime? I really don't like that sort of things.

This. I'm expecting the heroine to ruin MC's life.

they fugg

It's like a final fantasy where you get a growing cast and they go around the continent(which is an alternate version of europe)

I haven't wanted to fuck a main girl this hard in a long time

So, can I watch it safely?

Looks interesting and main girl's design is cute

\She will cuck him?

Because most fantasy anime are just fucking isekai in mmorpg world. Plu the harem bullshit,.

she's right you can't really expect her to marry that fag

I don't read the source material, but it's clear that they tried to shove as much as they can in one episode. They really should slow down and elaborate more on the world and the main characters, especially the main guy who just appeared out of nowhere and joined the party.

Theo appearing and Shiruka jumping on board at the spur of the moment is actually how it happens in the source material. What's not elaborated on is the reason. The lord she was being sent to serve essentially used mages as concubines and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. Theo comes along and has a Crest so she jumps on board with him because he's not a total creep.
It causes a lot of problems for her down the track.

This is one of those stories that starts in the middle

Why bother naming it senki its an imitation of a senki
Besides it barely describes engagements/battles I noticed they end so fast compared to a standard senki where it would be a little more drawn out to explain the details and progress of the battle otherwise how is it different from any other genre?

>hold marriage infront of evil orb that's right there I guess
>demon king doesn't want your crests united, kills your guys
>go back to warring each other

what the fuck

Both of you are not bringing up that it's a Japanese tabletop beforehand.