Be honest, did it make you laugh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6v1any8irbc&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Of all the places to have a Rurouni Kenshin reference.

yes

No, but for some reason it left me wanting for more.

Houchu Otsuka and Masashi Ehara are the best VA for this.
if you don't know them you are pleb

i laughed at the fake anime skit even though i had already seen it in the manga, other than that i just breathed slightly harder from my nose

Yeah

okatta?

yes

Just a few smiles, at most.

I normally even like absurdist humor like Super Milk Chan and Excel Saga.

only the parts in french

ORE DA

the your name gag was pretty funny

Are you me?

Not one bit

>lol so randum "humor"
Hell no

No. Was it supposed to?

>tfw you're too intelligent to laugh at PTE

No, and I don't see the hype. Even the "lol so randumb" is terrible for a "lol so randumb".

Yes since I'm actually smart enough for this show, unlike 90% of this board.

>Sup Forums has multiple threads about being excited for PTE
>Sup Forums bullied anons for "not getting it"
>suddenly reddit and MAL say they like it
>Sup Forums: FUCK YOU ITS JUST LOLSORANDUMB
hmmm

Only when I saw the fidget spinner in the bad guy.

>suddenly reddit and MAL say they like it

Did they? All I know is that people started aping out about it being "Reddit" after the third or so joke during the livestream.
AFAIK, Reddit doesn't know about livestreams and they watch their shit on Crunchy.

There's a clear possibility they hated it, or don't know it exists. It's only locals who are aping out about it.

I never bought into the hype.

Manga was better

The only part that made me laugh was the "Are you upset?" part, nothing else really stuck with me. Half of the scenes had me waiting for a punchline that never came. If nothing else, at least we get a catchy OP out of it.

Yeah, there were a handful of moments.
Tell me how much you love me

>Gai and Jiraiya voicing two schoolgirls
Can't.. unhear...

Ippai chuki

I started laughing about five minutes in, at how shit this was and imagining what Sup Forums would become.

no

No, but I smiled. If I hadn't read the manga before the anime, I reckon I would've laughed.

I'm not sure where all of this "LOL RANDOM XD" shit is coming from though. It's not really "random" as it's made up of gags that have some sense to them, parody, "rip-off" segments, and what seems to be an original story.

Yes.

Yes. Fite me irl

Some skits yes, other no

yes

Yes

The totoro, Skyrim and GoTG bits. The French gag was good

yes, most of the skit.

Not laugh out loud but I did have an amused expression for the whole ep, which is good enough.

Yes.

I laughed heartily but not as much as I hoped for.
Can't wait for next week's episode.

Like twice
I just alt tabbed after they repeated the episode

I watched it with my mom and sister and all of us laughed the whole episode, but I had to explain most of the anime and vidya references. They told me the Guardians of the Galaxy reference though, I thought it was a Gits scene.

my.mixtape.moe/dwxxun.webm

No it was too real for me and I ended up sobbing on the floor.

No.

>tfw to intellijent for good anime

Are you upset?

No

I loved this part. It's the fucking audio what makes it work.

I didn't laugh

> dat Skyrim reference

I laughed at the fidget spinner, I feel so ashamed.

I love it

And the fact that this show is literally shitposting on Sup Forums without as much a post made it much more enjoyable.

Endless 8 2.0 here I come!!!

I liked the Chrono Trigger part. Top notch.

no, I´m just here for the maymays

Not as much as the threads so far

>>Sup Forums has multiple threads about being excited for PTE
Most if not all of us were just curious how it's gonna turn out, especially since we didn't know anything. Also for baiting secondaries and newfags who actually had expectations

Yeah, during the "are you upset" segment.

Chuckled a few times. My IQ is over 200.

No, referential humor is shit.

No, but I rarely laugh to anime anyway. I just kind of exhale air more strongly.

Yes, after I realized the entire episode was itself a bad joke.

what reference ?

Why would I watch that when I could watch Rick and Morty?

Giggled at a couple of things but overall it was unfunny. I'll wait for the next episode though.

Yeah I don't know what I'm watching but that caught me off guard

Side story from volume 6. One of Sanosuke's old friends from the Sekihotai has become a well known painter, but is secretly planning to blow up all the government buildings in Tokyo with clay-pot hand grenades he made in his spare time and keeps in his closet.

For the first 5 minutes it made me chuckle and then I kept waiting for an actual plot or something but it kept doing the same exact thing and by the 10 minute mark I was done

Yes. I also clapped when I recognized familiar things. I clapped and shouted "I RECOGNIZE THIS XD (XD is my face btw)"

the french part made me audibly laugh, the rest made me smirk

It was the only gag that made me laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=6v1any8irbc&feature=youtu.be

Not really

More than any anime before
I saw reference and I laughed

I was in honest amazement the entire time. it's just impressive how well they adapted the 4koma format while going out of their way to do anime original sections
shame about the shitposting, but on the other hand it's not nearly as bad as it looks compared to other shows and it will probably go down as the show goes one

>Bogunemimimi
Bkub went all out for this

Yes, but it wasnt satisfying.

I guess it kinda does just work better as a 4koma.

>He was using a fucking fidget spinner
That one got me

Ac is my husbando

Yes

yes

Yes when it became a group_inou music video

There's nothing to laugh in it. It's boring shit. In a double pack. Reminded me why watching hype train shows is a waste of time.

Isn't it ac's skit approved by bkub?

Okay, I lost it when the music kicked in here.

>Be honest, did it hurt?

Yeah, though the only refence I got was the fidget spinner. The fake anime and double episode gimmicks were funny.

In general, I find poptepipic funny, though I'm surprised now that everyone's saying everything is a reference.

>though the only refence I got was the fidget spinner
It was just a fidget spinner, it wasn't even a reference to anything. The entire episode consisted of references and you got nothing.

Well there's some things, like "running with bread in mouth" that I'm familiar with.

Are there highly specific references?

Since I didnt know any of the references it was just a series of scenes that had no point whatsoever.

Not even once and I laugh at the dumbest shit.
Why is the 4koma even slightly popular if it's like that

>Are there highly specific references?

The only did that made do was to wonder why those two have two sets of seiyuu each. Not that's there's anything wrong with it, I love them all.

I really lost my shit at Chrono Trigger

The more this gets memed, the more Sup Forums will like it.
It's Umaru, New Game, Hyouka, Maid Dragon, Kill La Kill, Lucky Star, etc, you get the idea, all over again

I could understand maybe confusing the GotG reference for somethimg like Macross because the dudes look like Zentradi, but both of the vidya references are super casual and the anime references require basically zero knowledge aside from maybe confusing Ideon for Gundam

>the more Sup Forums will like it
>implying Sup Forums likes any of those besides Snoozouka and New Gay