Whats the appeal of Clannad? Why does it get so much praise?

Whats the appeal of Clannad? Why does it get so much praise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KMzDVf2Bx4
youtube.com/watch?v=BeOjFKdYmCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's like Little Busters, but with family.

Clannad means family

Kyou a best.
Tomoyo a second best.
Nagisa a shit.

After Story impress people who never watched a good drama or read a good book.

Looking back at it, it looks like a damn lazy adaptation. Most of the shots look like just copied from the light novel.

Posting superior version.

im right in the middle of after story and this seems to be the case. I dont see how its any different than the first season.

>light novel.
Was it a VN or LN first?

>good drama
>good book
Name them user. Dont tell me you gonna name Catcher in the Rye

I don't think it holds up as well today, but when it came out it was incredible. It's one of those things where if you wanted to get the best experience you needed to watch/read it years ago.

Hair antennae

My bad, meant to say visual novel.

I like Chekhov personally.

"Deep and emotional" as imagined by someone who has never had a meaningful relationship with another human being.
The one moment where it could have redeemed itself was in After Story when Nagisa was dead and Tomoya was facing the prospect of raising their daughter alone. Instead of a bunch of supernatural mumbo-jumbo, we had a real down-to-earth problem that was relatable to real life. But no, that only lasted a little while before the show says "just kidding" and brings us back to the blatant, almost comical level of wish fulfillment fantasy that was evident in the show from the beginning.

Emotional manipulation. People think shows that make them sad are good.

>liking NTR
might as well like dicks while you're at it

t. animeonly fag

Not that user, but probably anime is not that good if it cannot be fully appreciated separately.

Tomoyo is cute.CUTE!

There's an explanation of the orbs and how they work in the anime too. Also, they keep repeating that they live in a sort of "magic town", so you should expect at least a bit of magic from time to time.

CLANNAD After Story, the last great KyoAni adaption.

Keybola writing.

>mfw can't even remember the cowtits of this show
It had one, r-right?

Tomoya should have honestly remarried with Kyou and the two of them would raise Ushio together, she was a kindergarten teacher for Christ sake.

Would have left a much better message than dragonballs ending.

I agree with you user, but the dragonballs ending was implied since the very beginning.

Doesn't change the fact that Clannad was thematically about family, Tomoya rebuilding his family would have been perfectly fine in following the message.

Kotomi is about as close as you get

actually the town is bit like a living organism and it's something that is present in kanon, air and planetarian too if i'm not wrong

The soundtrack was terrific

Also I love melodrama and kotomi and comfy SOL and nagisa's parents

I'm in love with Kyou and Kotomi
Are you a bully?

Rewatching it made me realize that the first season is better.

>ctrlf + family
>4 results
These. Family is the appeal of Clannad. Nagisa, Sanae, Akki, Ushio and Tomoya interaction was the best part of Clannad.

I dropped it because the charcters acted like they had downs syndrome.

>Whats the appeal of Clannad?

Nagisa.

that looks like a cockroach

Wrong. It looks like a cute

I knew that gun was going to be important later.

Nagisafag and still think this should have been what happened. He should have used the dragonballs to save Ushio instead.

I don't understand what you mean by that, the closest one I remember is the one that parodies the Little Busters battle UI.
Planetarian didn't as far as I remember, though that's mostly because it was implying that everything was dead.

Oh fuck off. Yeah the classics are good but this is good too, it's okay to admit something anime related has actual merit, even if it is painfully "young adult" in nature.

Only referring to the After Story arc, the shit before that was awful and irredeemable.

I will always have a problem with this even though I admit it's an obvious alternate ending, because raising a child was Nagisa's dream in the first place.

Its babby's first drama.

It has a nice OST
youtube.com/watch?v=5KMzDVf2Bx4

Clannad has my favourite OST of all time and link is my favourite anime song of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=BeOjFKdYmCI

Ushioposting