Planet of the Monsters is coming out on Netflix worldwide on January 17
youtu.be/B-3do2pM4pM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JgYTMUEYRqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Godzilla finally has an anime
>Dying Earth
>Written by ZA BUTCHER

Why does this feel like we got monkey pawed?

What can the butcher really do though? Have the human characters get tragically and brutally murdered in a Kaiju film? Godzilla already has super healing so that's still par for the course.

WAIT
did the announcer just call it godzilla instead of gojira or did I misshear that?

What's wrong with Urobuchi?

His works are too predictable and formulaic, nothing wrong with them but they do get a little samey they lose their impact during the shocking moments.

wow the godzilla CG is HORRENDOUSLY UGLY. what the actual fuck.

put this in >> where it belongs

>Netflix
Sorry, I am out.

DUDE

This show is done by polygon you know the "anime" studio that have NEVER actually made a real anime. This is on Netflix for a reason its meant for westerners who have never seen an actual CEL Anime, not for us. The Japanese hate this stuff, it doesn't sell in japan thats why they gave it to Netflix.(who by the way are just looking to add "exclusives to their streaming service regardless of weather they are complete trash or not")

The eye cancer is somehow surpassing berserk i didn't this was possible. time to loop shelter again till the depression goes away

The animation and art style ruins the design. He looks better as a figure.

lmao imagine if u smoked godzilla like what wud even happen??

>This show is done by polygon you know the "anime" studio that have NEVER actually made a real anime.
I use you aren't too fond of Blame or Knights of Sidonia?

CGI isn't going away anytime soon. It's getting increasingly common.

Nice song...

and another CGI japanese show made in 14 fps

ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS

Trying to imitate anime made with traditional animation is so goddamn bad

Houseki no Kuni was such nice show and still suffered from it

Fucking stop already and make it fluid

It was 3rd in the Japanese Box office the week it was released. Seems to do well enough with the Japanese to me. Not anywhere near as popular as an actual Godzilla film but decent for an anime film that isn't one of the family friendly ones that always does well.

what kind of gauna are those

These fuckers just need to stop trying to imitate traditional & literally just make traditional. Also its becoming increasingly common because of the overproduction of anime, they are having to call in regular people off the street to hand draw this shit thats how bad things are right now. This was why the still frames in Ousama game this season looked fine but the in motion 2D was terrible. (polygon need to implement a 2d department into their studio, trying to imitate 2d using 3d is not what they should be doing they are 2 different forms of expression, also knights of sidonia was done by them because the 2d animators with the skill to hand draw it were too busy working on other projects & or it would have been to expensive to contract them)This is just a phase the industry is going through. Wit studio have started training programmes to train traditional animators not CG, ufotable are doing the same. Not to mention kyoani's school. Hopefully things will get better in the coming years. But some of this shit needs to stop, one punch man lost its fucking director so that these retards can work on shit like "A Place Further Than the Universe". JC staff have the show now, i bet they will fucking ruin it like they did with UQ Holder.

That because of the seiyuu kana hana

>they don't know about the Ultraman anime
youtu.be/JgYTMUEYRqc

I know about it & and its just shit CG. Ive seen far better from ps3 games. Not really surprising since done a garbage studio like production ig

If is going to have the same level of comedy like PP then I am going to watch it.

He looks so sad, I bet he just wanted a few friends but humans instead ran away from the planet.

You would think the likes of Toho or Tsuburaya could find the talent or dedicate the funds to produce worthwhile animated adaptations of their properties. They could open the door to a much wider audiences and make more money in the long run. If you're going to cheap out, why make an anime at all?

exactly

Watashi wa Grootzilla desu

>butchershit
no thanks

I have the crocodile design. It make he look so generic. Fuck Godzilla 2014 and Fuck American for ruining shit.

which design you prefer?

92 Godzilla or 94. I like Shin Gojira design too but only for that type of story.

Why not the Godzilla from Godzilla vs Biollante (2nd from the left). Toho nailed the Heisei look there. Afterwards it got a bit too obese and odd looking in the face.

Fuck you.

2D CEL Anime > Live action > CG

Gozilla 2014 wasn't great but is still WAY batter than this repulsive CG

That's good too. I get what you are saying.
Go back to your cheeseburger

>muh CG shitters ruined thread
>again

18+

There's no way in hell an underage person would preferred 90s Godzilla. But they would love shitty 2014 Croczilla.

Why is now everyone making anime on Netflix?

I just want Shin Godzilla 2

Anno is busy with Eva 4.0 and the contract Toho signed with Legendary prevents them from making a live-action Godzilla film while a Monsterverse Godzilla film is in active production. Godzilla 2 is coming down the pipe and Godzilla vs Kong follows immediately afterwards; meaning you won't see Shin Godzilla 2 or anything else from Toho until 2020. Anime Godzilla was a loophole in the contract and you're getting an entire trilogy of it.

They are not. Netflix actually just got rid of MOST of their anime & are picking up new anime for their "original show" shit. The have kakegurui as original which is a decent enough show & its all in beautiful 2D so thats great. They also bought "Violet Evergarden" for WORLDWIDE STREAMING & as their original show. These netflix originals will remain on netflix. It really pissed me off when they put CGblame on their site & called it anime because the average American who has never seen a single piece of real 2D CEL Anime will watch this and think thats what anime is, when normal anime look nothing like that ugly crap.(the fucking thought of it makes me embarrassed to say i like anime) I am actually really really glad that they got Violet Evergarden though because now the world will get a chance to see what the best Anime studio in Japan is capable of & just how beautiful real 2D CEL Anime can be.

>RODAN!

I don't see how people actually like the G14 design

Honestly it could end up looking at least somewhat decent. That PV lacks any meaningful animation to make a judgement. But I still fucking hate CGI. It can sometimes work (Sodinia mecha CGI looked quite well) but then other parts of the show look like ass (everything else in said show, especially the fucking Gauna).

Looks fine to me.

So there's probably someone out there who can explain this. There's one thing I don't understand - why does the human character's movement look so weird? The movement in the "mecha" sequences looks ok, Godzilla's movement is fine, too. But whenever a human character walks, it just looks like they're shitty dolls or they're walking through molasses. There has to be a reason why it looks like this. Is it just lazy animation, or does my brain fuck with me for some reason?

My main problem is that they made his neck too thick and his snout too long, making him look like a soulless generic lizard monster. I hate it and how it represents how shitty the west is at designing monsters.

How much longer do you see this phase lasting or is it here to stay? Isn't it faster and cheaper than traditional animation?

>choppy as fuck CG adaptation that LITERALLY no one wanted
You could argue he indeed appreciated his mango.

>Anime Godzilla was a loophole in the contract and you're getting an entire trilogy of it.
which is great since you can do more with anime than live action.

'14 is the superior design.

By 2025, Godzilla will be over 1 km tall.

Too bad they wasted that on a practically immobile design and CGI animation