Original Devilman was comedy

I don't get this meme. What's so special about this page?

it's simply stupid the timing

>|:^|
>B^U
>|:^|
>B^D

That's why.

Was it autism?

HIS FACE! now i get it

big guns mean...

I disagree, considering how everything went with his father, his face fits, there would have to be a lot of conflict of emotions

Nagai is so bad reading facial expressions

that's not how you draw conflict of emotions

I feel like I messed up by watching the Amon Apocolypse OVA before anything else. I also watched cyborg 009 vs devilman.
That blonde guy is Lucifer right?

Amon OVA has nothing to do with the manga.
Watch the other 2 OVAs
And yes, even if Nagai consider Lucifer=Satan because of Divina Commedia

And I take it the crybaby adaptation is as bad as the board makes it out to be?
My only knowledge of devilman prior to this season was that is was an old loved anime, and that I had watched the opening a bunch of times before.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I never touched this franchise.
But the artsyle in the manga looks so fucking funny compared to the stuff I've seen from webms of the new anime adaptation. It's bizarre knowing they're supposed to be the same thing.

You Smoke?

Its fine, not amazing or terrible. Some questionable animation though.

This? It's laced with drugs.

Is there drugs in the anime itself?

It has a big anti-drug message actually.

Really??
Are there syringes???

Yes. Can't bring you the screenshot right away.

I'm not sure why, but I find this page from Shin Devilman hilarious

It's a retarded tumblr meme

there's sex, drugs, everything.

The Netflix series is good if you haven't read the manga

Fuck off Plebbitor

You were warned

i just want to see drugs i nanime

Crybaby, the newest adaptation, is full of drugs.
See

you basically said Nagai is retarded

If there isnt violence sex and drugs it aint devilman
i want penises too

Thanks doc.

it is if the character isnt overly emotional.
the first panel looks like the end of a pensative stage, then he proceeds to go with the just fucking blurting it so it stops bothering him, the third shows anxiety/insecurity, the forth has a smirk while he says that he's alone as if he finds the situation to be a cruel joke.

There are slight variations of the brows, sweat and lips. Its not the best in the world but it clearly fits considering the situation

>mfw no splitting penis teethed monster
I'll never not be mad about it

>comedy

Miki telling people to accept Akira hurt me real bad, especially knowing what happens. What a fucking well directed death.

Then the credits scene fucked me up real good.

Literally morons coming from tumblr. They can't comprehend the page because they don't know how process emotions or follow a character's line of thought.

Irony is the deepest form of comedy.

>they don't know how process emotions or follow a character's line of thought.
That is also true for most of Sup Forums user
I for one think that the extremes of human expression, such as comedy, gore, terror, sexuality, are very easy to mix.
Sex can be horrific, terror can make you laugh, comedy can be cruel.
It's all one and the same with humanity.

Nagai apologist

is this scene in yuasa shit?
also the penis?

Unintentional B movie-tier comedy because Nagai can't write dialogue for shit.

Yes, but the penis got smaller ;_;

Yes

at least I dont have autism

Fuck off, xPearse.

tiny d?
;_;

>posting on Sup Forums
>not having autism

impaired facial expression recognition is a common problem in all forms of autism

I said it once and I said it again Devilman reads like a chick tract that goes off the wall insane and becomes awesome.

This only becomes funny the second time you see it, but I guess that's kind of the point.

The premise of the show sounds like a bad christian PSA about the dangers of drugs.

>that last panel

the only christian are miki's family
that really makes sense

i...No, I don't get it at all.

grotesque comedy

Are Akira and especially Ryo supposed to come off as borderline hippies?

Ryo is the furthest thing from a hippie.

Can anyone explain to me what's the deal with that basement party stuff.
Did Ryo's father construct some sort of underground nightclub to attract hippies and strong demons? isn't using humans as bait kinda, I don't know, evil? Because if not I don't understand how all those guys got there without going through Ryo's mansion, unless that thing was just another entrance to a nightclub, but in that case It doesn't make sense that demons couldn't acces.

The humor comes from Nagai drawing Buckley tier faces that look really goofy in the context of the events.

They get what he's saying, you moron, and why he's acting a typically. It's the rudeness of the faces.

Damn, they really made pre-demon fusion Akira look like a sissy boy in Crybaby.

>smokes pot
>dresses like shit
>can't bring himself to harm animals
>wants genocide so there can be peace

*atypically
*crudeness

He would have looked like a little bitch in the original if Nagai's humans weren't a combination of plagiarism (anyone cartoony) and really bad sameface ("serious" characters) early on. He's got girl eyes and is a huge pussy.

Big rich people basement + "hey, party at my house tonight. there's weed"

>sissy boy
so that the viewers can empathize

>The other sabbath didnt have blood
>Ryo did the blood ritual to attract Amon

I hate that he said Ryo-chan. So gay.

>No Akira, you are the demons

Yes but the rapping man says drugs are bullshit and you should stick with your homies and perfect your rhymes instead. This one's for the kids.

i'm pretty sure american college parties looks like that
i wish i were american

The manga is so fucking campy at times, its hilarious.

>muh waifu uuuuuuuuuuu

not enough blood in the anime?

This Akira was such a retarded bitch that it's surprising Ryo didn't even try to rape him.

Well, Uncle Go later got his direction right on other works, and the rest are jobs for anime directors to do what the manga supposes to mean.

Some of them do look like that, but with shittier music and a bunch of vaping faggots. They're way overrated though. At almost every one I've been to I ended up getting a headache and falling asleep in some corner.

are the super robot manga/anime of nagai goodlike debiruman, or just shonen mecha?

The first volume is comedy gold

The dialogue isn't that weird when you read the full context. I just saw it as an awkward silence

>that exposition
Was it autism?

Oh hai Mark.

There's literally nothing funny about that page, fucking teenager.

saved
i thought devilman was horror

Die demon

This is true, but brainlets will unironically think that Nagai was a serious writer. Sure, Devilman is serious and has a good anti-war message, but it has a decent amount of comedy.

Clearly Satan should have kept him a qt fuccboi to love tenderly.

god he is so fucking hot

>DADADADADADADA

The stone mask always looked way too goofy. Why did Nagai draw it with those weird shoulder pads, soemthing like JoJo's Stone Mask would have worked too.

how did they manage this on the anime?

Ryo was such a hardcore badass before the Satan reveal.

I always wonder if amnesiac Ryo was how Satan saw humans considering how he really is like.

It's not in the anime.

Ryo just tells him about demons, no goofy stone sculpture.