Start watching anime

>start watching anime
>has interesting premise
>little by little it becomes harem shit

Why do modern Anime do this? I mean I understand having some romance drama by having more than one girl pin for MC dick but it's always some absurd amount of generic girls that are 1 dimensional as fuck.

>family guy meme
>"man, other people sure are unoriginal"

Because if you have more girls with more personalities and looks then more people will like it. One girl and you only reach the people that like that kind of girl.

>Start reading manga/watching an anime
>Promise of a cute romance between guy and girl
>Second episode adds another girl who also teases romance
>Third episode does the same

>Shenanigans for a few episodes between these three girls and the male
>3/4 of the way through a fourth girl is added

STOP

>start watching a harem anime
>it's a harem anime
Why does this happen?

But you always know who will win the cock. I think the only Harem I remember when it was in the air was the one about the nerd who was good at VNs or something. Completely forgot the name of it cause it's been years since I read it. I'm sure someone will remind me though.

To inspire doujins for Comikets.

Because you judge things by whether or not the author had one cool idea that you liked rather than whether they're able to write competently. When these turn out to not correlate, you are disappointed.

I agree that's those are the worst. Instead of fleshing out your current characters they keep adding pointless girls into the harem.

>not being able to recognize a harem after first episode / chapter
Step up your game, senpai.

>New girl is added
>Fades into the background and does nothing after her introductory episode
What's even the point

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

Oh also

>There are no other male characters aside from the MC
>If there are, they are either a trap who is treated as a joke, or the MC's best friend who shows up like three times throughout the entire series and are only there to make the MC look 'nice' by acting super horny or nasty

A whole episode? It's almost always obvious from the OP.

this is what is called as "stuff that SELLS"

Harem is the shitiest of genres

still sells like hot cupcakes. probarly becus of nip society

>But you always know who will win the cock.
That doesn't matter, you're watching to see the girls. There are a couple where the "main girl" doesn't win, so the possibility is always there.

If you can't recognize a harem show just from the premise then you really need to watch more anime. It's not a modern thing either; this stuff's been common since the 90s. It's also not that common. Not since Infinite Stratos have harems been the big moneymakers.

You know Sup Forums is dead when no one is calling out OP faggot Sup Forums tier meme image.

Fucking Monster Musume

>Two or three comfy cute Mia chapters
>Then becomes a shounen with a new Monster of the week every chapter

The worst

I don't know. A lot of people on other boards call Sup Forums the worst board but that's only because they hate anime in general.

Posters here care about the content they are browsing I guess. Miles above Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

>fireworks happen
>confession ruined
>tension on love plot basically goes to null

Someone did already. It was literally the first post you illiterate autist.

I stopped caring after mods let all the popteamepic spam the board. Between that and everything else airing there is just no hope for the next three months.
I have given up this season, maybe next season will be better.

Well, I can usually determine it from the title alone, but I'm what you'd call "anime pro".

This. Harem is the death of heterosexual romance. In order for a harem anime/manga to even be created, several key sacrifices must be made -

A. The MC must be bland and personality-less enough for the masses to self-insert into. In most cases, the MC must also be incredibly 'dense' and not able to understand that all the girls want him. He must not be man enough to confess.

B. Other male characters must NOT exist. If they do, they MUST be subservient to the MC, never usurping his position by being more level-headed, 'kinder', or cooler.

C. The girls must be bland and tasteless enough to fall in love with the equivalent of an animated plank of wood. The girls may have dreams of their own but never pursue them as this would take away time from them slobbering over MC's cock.

This is the bare minimum even. If you are making a harem, you have already decided to make your story shit.

It's a shitty OP but harems are cancer.

Family Guy is the Pop Team Epic of Western animation you fucking pleb.

Ranma doesn't fit any of those qualities though, dumb newfag.

A, B, and C don't need to be true, but nearly all of the writers seem to think so.

DUDE FUN LMAO

>Why do modern Anime do this?
>Why do people want the highest yeld/effort when they could be spending more time and money to make less off quality product?
>Why?
>"Membah?"

You don't remember either, you just think you do because anything worth remembering was a rare gem and now we have more and more media without any additional quality so the rare gem is in a bigger pile but when you look back at it you'll still only recall the good parts.

So the normalfag and nostalgiafag bait? Sounds right

Don't post this garbage ever again, fucking normalfag.

>Manga has amazing one shot, cute short and to the point with a nice romance between a boy and a girl

>Serialization due to the popularity of the one-shot
>It takes the original premise of the one-shot and shits all over it by introducing more and more girls and turning it into a typical harem

Every time.

>girls with more personalities
But we're getting just less and less girls with personalities. You're getting just bad fap baits which you wouldn't even fuck twice because they are just that bad.

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

>character confesses
>love interest didn't hear it because (insert random reason here)
>"did you say something"
>"it's nothing"
>5 episodes of romantic tension ruined because nips have shit taste

That title goes to shounen, but harems are also shit:
>Do you think we should have a clear love interest, so we can spend the series developing the relationship and allow the viewer the become attached to the main couple?
>Nah, let's dedidicate loads of episodes to girls that are never realistically going to win the MC-bowl. Who needs narrative focus anyway?

>Do you think we should have some girls who aren't interested in the MC either due to being in love with someone else, or due to them having personal goals they want to achieve?
>Nah, EVERYONE should be in love with the MC. Because everyone knows that love triangles are the only way to create conflict, right?

As a guy that loves romance in fiction, fuck harems.

Have you guys considered not watching harems?

Ranma is pure comedy first, ecchi second, fighting shonen third, romance 99th and harem never.

you gotta be joking I haven't seen a real harem anime in at least 5 years.

Harems could be good if they actually focused on harems like seen in real life like in the Ottoman empire where the wives of the sultan where plotting against each other, fighting for power and to get their son/daughter a position over the other successors.

But that would actually require good writing and would be more about politics and intrigue rather than everyone lusts for MC dick.

you're watching the wrong shows then idiot. Didn't know the YOTY 2017 have Harem: Made in Abyss, Hero Aca, Attack on Titan, MAgus Bride, Little Witch academia.... and I could name at least 10 more I've watched LAST YEAR ALONE! Try harder next time. Shittiest bait award for this month goes to you!

Ranma 1/2
A fucking anime from 1989.

The MC is a boy and a girl that has multiple suitors all going for that dick/pussy.

For every girl/boy he has there is a counter that also want that boy or girl. His counter part Ryouga is in many ways superior to him yet still fails because while being morally superior he also has his weaknesses in both martial arts and love.

C is automatically invalidated by A not existing.

This. I love romance. TGK that aired in spring is one of my favorite anime of all time because it's entire focus is building up the relationship between the main couple.

Harems don't care about the characters at all.

You people are dense as shit.

You think writers and producers and mangaka love harems? Yes maybe one or two of them do people like Ken Akamatsu and Saki Hasemi. But...

Why do you think they exist what is the purpose of a harem? Think about it what possible gain could one have from fucking the story to introduce more characters? And what type of media has harems?

If you're talking about waifufags, the best waifus are actually characters that aren't written to be waifubait, since they have personality beyond conforming to an archetype. Also, just because something is profitable doesn't mean it's good.

Fucking Nisekoi

Exactly it's characters goods and visual novels that have routes that get badly adapted.

Japan has a character good market that is worth as much as the overseas anime revenue.

When looking at japanese media you need to consider it's revenue sources.

Harems are actually on a huge downwards spiral. Because they noticed something in the mid 2000s. You don't need the male. With the rise of K-on and Idolmaster music based harems with no males became the norm. They generate insane amounts of revenue. I go yearly to Japan and visit all the nice places. The undisputed king of character goods is One Piece you can find it anywhere even in the most remote small towns. A 7-11 In Muko Kyoto Prefecture had a shit load of One Piece goods. Then come your kiddy things like Pokemon and the now popular Youkai Watch that never really speared to the west like Pokemon did, because of the very specific cultural nature of the game, the said youkai. Then after that begins the idol shit for both males and fujos alike. Theres also a ton of Osomatsu-kun and Doraemon stuff.

Notice the rise of all these properties that just ahve girls or boys in them. Idolmaster, Love Live, Wake Up Girls, Uta no Prince-sama, Show By Rock etc...

Harem is on a decline.

You know what I didn't see on the shelves mostly because it was outdated but even more recent harem had very little goods.

IS, Monster Musume, High School DxD, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni, Hundred, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Date A Live etc...

They all had a small or minimum presence in store compared the to idol juggernauts. And now mobage is starting to gain a shitloads of traction first it was kancole then it was gbf and now who knows?

The World God Only Knows?

I try to avoid anime without integrity or respect for its own writing for this very reason. If the somewhat interesting premise is just an excuse to have kawaii uguu grills as every major character, or out of place chibi humor every five seconds, then they're not going to be doing anything worthwhile with it in the long run anyway.

>remember when anime back then had actual plots instead of this moe/harem shit
>moe
>back then
Moe anime has existed since the 80's. It didn't have the same style it does now, but you have to be really fucking new to anime to actually believe that moe is something that came about in the late 2000's or early 10's.

How about this image; pretty moe wouldn't you say? Well it's from the mid 90's. Ten years prior to things like K-On! and Lucky Star. Moe anime has been developing for decades - it didn't just come out of nowhere.

>nadesico
muhh brethren