Kimi no na wa

Was this a meme? Am I part of the normie demographic who fell for it? This is my first anime movie I've seen and I don't know why but I was expecting more. Did you wee/a/boos like it?

shut up soy cuck

Solid 7/10. I liked Koe no Katachi more. But nothing beats pic related, which is the best anime movie of all time.

It had a different tone compared to his other movies and like Shinkai was trying to appeal to the Ghibli audience.

>This is my first anime movie I've seen

It's the anime equivalent of a summer blockbuster.
It was made from the ground up to sell and forced down the throats of as many Japanese people as possible.
Like any other summer blockbuster, I don't really care about Your Name. Didn't really feel ambitious or daring or even refreshing. Just meh.
>This is my first anime movie I've seen
Not even Spirited Away or that Pokemon movie?

>Not even Spirited Away or that Pokemon movie?
I've seen them dubbed a long time ago, but I don't know if Sup Forums would count that.
Also I should really get to watch those other Ghibli films

fuck off you retard

It's trash wildly overrated by teenagers

Now please leave.

>best anime movie of all time
try again sweetie

My nigga

hey I saw this in Pop Team Epic

K-On movie was pretty good but it was more like a long episode of K-On than a movie

The virgin Kimi no na wa vs the Chad Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

It also had Yamada's distinct cinematic touch.
I could go on and on about the movie in particular, but it was the perfect send-off to the series.

I feel like this was made exclusively for teenage girls. It was a well done movie, but I didn't find a single thing about it interesting.

>more like a long episode of K-On
I'd consider that a good thing.

>The two MC fall in love throught after getting to know each other from their logs and interacting with the other friends and family.
>This is shown in a montage/musical scene that lasts a couple minutes.

It was really dumb.

>perfect sendoff

Except that they had already used the emotional gut punch of Tenshi ni Fureta yo as the clincher of the TV series. Seeing the group come up with the lyrics was cute, but seeing them perform it once again was unnecessary. Should have just ended it as they were about to sing to Azusa so it wouldn't have been upstaged so hard.

>Disappearance
>best anime movie of all time

Fuck no. The protagonist of the story effectively does exactly nothing the entire movie. How am I supposed to enjoy a movie when I'm watching the main character do nothing? What a piece of shit that was. If you want something that's actually good in Haruhi, then watch the episodes labled "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" in sequential order (so no random as fuck order of episodes) and you'll see that's a far better narrative, and, shock, has the protagonist actually fucking DOING SOMETHING.

This movie was incredible and Shinkai's best yet. It struck an emotional chord with me and many others, which is likely why it blew up

I imagine what you said is more true if you watched S2 and then went right on to the movie.

It was last nail in Miyzaki's legacy, i.e.cheap pandering for disgusting manchildren

>hidden