ITT: Moments that almost redeemed mostly poor series

I remember being on Sup Forums in the final days of the downhill slope of Naruto when everyone here lost their shit at Guy pushing in Madara's shit. Glad that Kishi decided to give one of the best side characters a great scene before the end.

Was glad to see that the 8 gates was as legendary as everyone said it was. No doubt he could beat anyone that couldn't heal themselves in that form

>Hurr let me turn my rasengan into a giant lava disc
>Hurr let me use my sharingan to do whatever the plot needs at this instance

Meanwhile Guy just kicks a motherfucker so hard that his lung gets literally BTFO

As always Kishi has no fucking idea what he's doing. The moment was epic but left 0 fucking impact on the story as a whole. And then fucking narujesus comes and saves the day. I would personally strangle Kishi if I saw him. He could have made this 10x better by having Gai actually die to break some Madara's ability or subordinate that were making Madara unbeatable otherwise. Fuck you Kishi, so many blue balls, holy fucking shit!

I still don't get the hype over Guy vs Madara. It was just another asspull from Kishi. Why was this one OK but Naruto going super saiyan or Sasuke getting a samurai mecha weren't?

Because this one has been foreshadowed since the very beginning of the series and has been a known power of Guy's but the other two were literally jesus'd to get their powers.

Eight Gates was established since Chunin exams with only 5/8 seen at the time, the opposite of an asspull

8th gates was established to make you as strong as a Kage, not as strong as a godly being, if that were the case from the very beginning people would be learning to open gates left and right, Kishi overpowered Guy so much because he needed someone to stall Madara for a while.

was to

It was OK until Madara bullshitted his way out of dying. Both Madara and Guy should have died in that fight.

Let's review the feats of gate users before the 8th gate Guy asspull.

1 gate from Kakashi helped him climb that mountain with one hand.
5 gates from Lee weren't enough to beat a kid Gaara.
7 gates Gai managed to beat Kisame, a strong Akatsuki, but I don't think even he would be able to beat most of the Kages at that time.
8 gate Dai was only able to beat 5 swordsmen of the mist.

If we count fillers.

6 gate Gai performed the Morning Peacock against Kakashi and Co and he dodged it pretty easily without even using his sharingan
5 gates Lee and Gai beat one of Menma's clones in a version 2 jinchuriki mode with 4 tails

The technique itself isn't an asspull, it's the powerlevel they gave to Guy's 8th gates that was.

>Uses awesome 8 gates of death
>Dies valiantly and body starts to turn to dust
>Nardo comes in and gives him new life force
>Spends rest of life as a depressed cripple
This was the most shit part of Shippuden.
Guy deserved to die.

How does this redeem Obito's existence and everything else he shitted out? Madara getting smacked around by this weak fuck was already an asspull so I guess you're just a narutard then.

Except taijutsu was Madara only weakness and the 8th gates was basically the most dangerous atack in existence against him, in a matter of fact it would have made even more sense if Gai was the actual hero of the story but no, Kishi had to force the team 7 bullshit saving the world.

>Nardo can bring back a fucking eye
>Can't give Might Guy legs that work
Kishimoto should be executed for committing the worst crimes in writing history.

Reminder that Tobi was
Kagami
Madaras brother
Sage
Sage's sons

Kishi really fucked up here. It honestly pissed me off.

>as strong as a kage

>if that were the case from the very beginning people would be learning to open gates left and right

No you fucking idiot, almost no one bothers with that shit because it fucks up the body and opening the 8th, the death gate, results in death.
Freaking dumbass

bump

that was the best arc in my opinion.too bad it was only 5 chapter long

>no one bothers with that shit because it fucks up the body
Not really. Guy opened many gates on multiple instances with no real repercussions aside from mild fatigue.

literally every other gate besides 7th and 8th are useless. Also it's a multiplier increase, so if you're weak and open many gates you still wouldn't be able to match other people

>no one bothers with that shit because it fucks up the body
>Not really. Guy opened many gates on multiple instances with no real repercussions aside from mild fatigue.
You mean the person who trains his body everyday to be able to withstand the strain that the 8 gates but on the body? It's not that hard to use your brain.

it's ok, boruto is pretty much just gonna show any old ninja can get back in the game through technology. i would honestly not be shocked if they give guy robot legs.

>Madara was way stronger than five kages and sicked five susanoos on each faggot as a joke then raped them brutally
>This was the weak Madara that wasn't even at full potential and then gained the ten tails powerup right after
>Might Guy who got utterly fodderized by Obito is somehow stronger than this Madara after using eight gates where the jump in power is too high and too retarded to make any sense
Case in point, this was one of his many asspulls that just keeps ruining an already decrepit and degraded series even more.

That moment did nothing to redeem the series, it makes no sense on multiple levels.

I was pretty surprised that Tokyo Fool was able to surpass Nardo in terms of horribleness with that Kekneki massacre bullshit.

I mean Nardo calling Obito the coolest guy was the worst shit I've ever seen until Ishita did the impossible.

>bring everyone back to life in the Pain arc
>save Guy from the certain death move
>let Neji, the one who was supposed to live because the MC himself even told him that destiny isn't real, die instead
I can't tell if Naruto was supposed to be an ironic tragedy at some points

What does greater than a Hokage even mean in this instance? The power levels between just Konoha's various Kage are massive.

At the beginning they really played the whole 'opening gates will fuck you up' thing, wasn't Lee supposed to be a cripple for the rest of his life for opening 5 gates and getting his arm crushed by Gara. Just like with Kakashi's sharingan, side effects from opening gates 1 through 7 were nearly non-existent in part 2. And while I can see how the increase in power is exponential and relative to the user's base strength, the godly powerlevel Gai achieved by opening all gates was ridiculous. Like points out, the consistency isn't there, even if you take into account Gai's base strength and the exponential increase per gate. He managed to beat Kizame yet Madara was toying with him at 7, but at 8 he's not only stronger than pretty much the five kages + all Hokages in history combined, but strong enough to go toe to toe with Madara for a while? I smelled asspull the minute it happened.

It is an asspull to have some regular jounin power up to beyond God's power. Like, this was a fucking WORLD WAR, literally every fucking ninja in the planet against God. And Guy was able to almost stop this crisis, actually, he could have if he had done it just 1 transformation before. He could have raped the Madara that raped the 5 kages.

But the power jump makes sense if you change the meaning of some words. "The eight gates give you power on par with a Kage"... if you have no traning or are a simple Genin. Kakshi said that while talking about Rock Lee, it meant that the Rock Lee fighting against Gaara could sodomize the third Hokage or Orochimaru at that time with 8 gates. Guy's father was even weaker than a Genin and he killed the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, or at least stalled them I don't remember. Makes sense that someone already on Kage level would jump exponentially to be the strongest in the world for some moments.

I was really let down by the animation in this episode. I wish they'd used a different director.

Because guy and lee are the only good characters in naruto and their powers are pretty simple but it's so satisfying to watch them fight.

The amount of effort, constant training, and personal talent it takes to use and open more then 5 gates is beyond what most ordinary and even exceptional ninja are capable of.
Even if you do get to 6-7 gates you're create a situation where you'll end up crippled for the rest of your life with the 8th gate being instant death.

Most would rather learn a technique that lets them nuke mountains with far less effort and talent required.

That and the 8 gates is a secret family technique passed down through guy's family that basically no one knows about.

I remember squealing like a bitch and cheering with the guys on my rugby team as we watched this showdown

I still think the first Naruto vs Sasuke fight was better, but this was a great fight to end the series with

Music when Naruto goes Kyuubi-mode and charges Sasuke on all fours like a furious beast was godly

Would have been better if Bakugo wasn't taking her seriously and ended up losing because he only had his eyes on people that he thought were stronger than him. It doesn't make sense for him to go from thinking he's the absolute best to having a comprehensive understanding avoiding hubris. Then later on in the story somewhere, he can save her when she's on the brink of losing with his recent growth.

Unfortunately it couldn't prevent the shitty manga arc that followed from killing the next anime season.

I mean, the Hokage is just some dude. It's like saying

>By wielding this Deagle Brand Deagle you're able to become stronger than the President, but that person will surely be...