Youjo Senki

16 hours until jingos get honored

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pKjd/status/950181428645343232
goboiano.com/youjo-senki-is-getting-a-new-movie-adaptation/)
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-07/saga-of-tanya-the-evil-film-will-be-new-sequel-to-tv-anime/.126150)
twitter.com/youjosenki/status/950396584537329667
youtu.be/sWepuvlBCTo
youjo-senki.jp/books/novels.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sWepuvlBCTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How far ahead is the LN now from the start chronologically?

They already announced it's going to be a recap movie though, right?

It's like 4 years since the war originally broke out if that's what you asking for.

I believe there was only one vague source on that information so I would wait for the official announcement.

Would Tanya even be able to live without war now?
She will likely carry memories of the war for the rest of her life. Someone must protect that little girl!

She's gonna get hanged as a war criminal and die as Being X laughs at her.

NO!
She will flee to south america and start a new life with her wife Victoria.
They will settle in southern Brazil, ParanĂ¡, in a village with russians and german immigrants and they will blend seemingly while cultivating coffee.

user I...

Have you seen volume 9's cover? I don't think this story will reach a happy conclusion.

I'm not holding my breath, but since someone bothered erasing every mention of Tanya in the registries, I think she will escape somehow.
Possibly fleeing to the US (that's the WN ending right?), and they had her registries erased because they didn't want anyone to know they were housing an empire soldier.

WN ending isn't relevant since the LN is the main source now, prepare to see a lot of Tanya suffering.

>Uemura also noted that there were originally no plans to make a film after the series finished, but the film was green-lit thanks to the support of fans. He added that the film will allow him to focus especially on the sound work for the film to optimize it for a theatrical presentation.
>In addition, he mentioned that he had recently watched Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk, and that it will definitely influence the presentation of the film.

KINO is back on the menu guys

The erased registries happened in the manga though, so I believe they happened in the LN too.

Movie will be the sequel.

twitter.com/pKjd/status/950181428645343232

That sucks because it's going to take another year after it's shown in cinemas until a BD release we can watch. IF there's ever a BD release. And when that happens, we will have to wait for a fansubber to sub it (and fansubbers are fucking dead).
Frankly, a season 2 would be a lot better.

>fansubber
In /ak/ we trust

>Dunkirk
A man with fine taste.

why do they allow tanya into the army?

Because the empire is a free country.

She's old enough.

Stop.
I can only get so erect.

Because the empire does not discriminate when it comes to mages

Well, it took little over half a year until we could watch Kizumonigatari 3.
There is hope.

Except other than a few minor changes nothing has deviated from the WN so you're talking out of your ass.

That is still up to the author to decide if the WN ending is relevant, no?

Mages are conscripted. No exceptions.

Magic users are a very small subset of the population, yet their impact on the battlefield is massive. Why would they ignore even a single potential war mage?

>Tanya's own KINO
Good. Better graphics is what she deserves anyway.
Hope some redesign will take place as well.

>Hope some redesign will take place as well
I hope Tanya's lips will get even bigger, same with Visha's eyes. This is something fans truly deserve.

>a film
SAY NO TO CGI

>things that won't happen
Sure m8

YAMERO

my war criminal can't be this cute, so the LN becomes bleak? I kinda expected that

but I like CGI

The QTest.

Then how about a CGI that's not abysmal in quality? Youjo Senki could use some of that.

>CGI that isn't abysmal in quality
easier said than done, it could work nicely if done well, IF done well

>anime with CGI and strong emphasis on sound
Sounds like it will entirely what anime is about. animation... This is why anime is so god damn awful these days

Source claims continuation from anime

Erased registries happened in Manga and LN but I am npt sure whether that happened in WN and I don't think I saw that when I read it.

The WN ending doesn't feel like an ending, it just feels like the author stopped writing or ran out of ink or something.

>it's a movie
enjoy waiting 6 months when it airs.

Meh, /ak/ will be all over it.

I waited 8+ for Genocidal Organ, I can survive that little dearth

6 month wait is nothing.

Do you know how long I've waited for Guts to get off that damn boat?

If chinese cartoons have taught me anything it is patience.

Season 2 never.

Better than those anime that only screen at certain stage like certain Shaft anime that I waited 3 years and still no plan to release publicly

NO its a sequel ANN source

So far all the news about a recap movie (goboiano.com/youjo-senki-is-getting-a-new-movie-adaptation/) or a sequel movie _animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-07/saga-of-tanya-the-evil-film-will-be-new-sequel-to-tv-anime/.126150) came from newtype, the tweet said the big announcement would show when the second episode broadcast. As far as I'm concerned the news about the movie is BS

You say it like we are going to wait in trenches of western front for it.

So where are the manga scanlations gonna be uploaded now? Do the guys that do it directly plug them onto goddess?

>6 months
>implying
Several movies never get released in BD at all, user. The kabaneri movies had several new scenes and there was never a BD for them.

Youjo Senki movie is supposed to be an entirely new thing from start to finish so I guess it'll get released eventually.

The announcement will be made in a few hours right?
What's the point of the announcement if they already published it on a magazine and everyone already knows?

super special announcement announcing season 2 TV series.

They will probably make the new announcement in twitter too right?
There's no need to look for a stream right?

We did it lads.

That's a big gun.

The announcement on TV was just a dollfie of Tanya.
Sonsai X was just fucking with us.

Yeah, when the GuP film came out on BD, it only took them a few days to sub it.

BIG NEWS soon.

For you.

The movie is a recap?

Try reading the thread user

The movie is a continuation. The director also stated that he was inspired by Nolan's film Dunkirk.

Tanya will flee to the US and start a PMC after the war ends, trust me.

Wait is this the official cover of volume 9?

Any pics of the other volumes too?

Where are the streams bros

I didn't find any

There's a lot of nips talking about Youjo Senki on twitter now, but nothing relevant to the announcement yet

Looks like we're getting a movie boys!

twitter.com/youjosenki/status/950396584537329667

It's just a movie that will never become a BD.
RIP

CONFIRMED

IT" NOT A RECAP

IT'S A MOVIE!

>a continuation
>no bd release
Sure.

>twitter.com/youjosenki/status/950396584537329667
omg i can't understand shit

CM of the movie
youtu.be/sWepuvlBCTo

Finally this series will get the production values it truly deserves.

30 seconds and didn't even bother to give one second of actually new mockup footage. I wonder if it will be the afrika corps campaign and UK shit so S2 would be cleared for Rus Namek if it ever materializes.

She looks REALLY hot in this picture.
They know we want this, why not make the anime look like that?

youjo-senki.jp/books/novels.html

I hope we get a new Aoi Yuuki song for the movie.

Unf

Not the best news, but great news nonetheless! Sonzai X be praised!

Godly eyebrows

>Sonzai X be praised

>volume 8: be prepared for anything
>volume 9: same night for all men
I can't believe Tanya is fucking dead.

I'm going to Tokyo in March, was hoping it would come out by then.

But I know the announcement was just made on twitter

What a coincidence, I am also going to Tokyo on March.

You're going for Anime Japan I assume? That was the only reason why I wanted to go.

I'm going for the first time in February, so I'll miss you lads.

Nah, Symphogear live. I will presumably be around for Anime Expo though.

>tfw the waiting game has only just started

With all the shit happening with batoto.
Can the group scanlating the manga renew their Youjo Senki Discord link that they place in the credits?

How can we make Tanya even more smug???

Teaser.

youtube.com/watch?v=sWepuvlBCTo

Artstyle is still complete trash