Who here remembers Haibane Renmei?

Who here remembers Haibane Renmei?

Rakka is pretty!

Saw this last week. Top moments are the opening scene and burying the crow. Beautiful.

Glad you loved it user, my favourite moment was Reki's dance in the last episode.

I don't remember Reki dancing.

The wing-growing scene felt really painful for some reason.

soft and comfy

So did ABe ever actually have any explanation for what the show is about?

I actually own it. I watched it only once. That was nearly 12 years ago now. At the time it really fucked me up. I don't think I could ever bear to watch it again because my depression is bad enough as-is.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

Do you seriously need one?

>force shitposting
Pathetic, desu.

Ah, there it was.

How could I forget?

Despera never.

I want to hug Reki

Me too, and perhaps even share a smoke. I wanna tell her that everything is gonna be alright.

i bought volume 1 of the dvd when it came out (2003?) .. watched that volume .. never got around to getting the rest of the set

Like clockwork.

I Don’t remember much because it was deadass boring

Well, not with that attitude.

Which Haibane was the best?

I watched Haibane Renmei a little over two years ago, rewatched it every year since. I don't think it would be an understatement to say it changed my life through Reki's "fake it 'till you make it" approach to becoming a good person.

Reki a best Haibane.

Hikari was a real cutie, but Rakka was my favorite.

It's a great show. Tone piece about finding purpose in the seemingly purposeless, about learning how to put your self-awareness above your self-destructive tendencies.

I don't understand why some people call that show "pretentious", the methods used to push the agenda are the literal definition of modesty. And it pushes, albeit a bit forcefully, pretty well-explored moral values.

So yeah, that show is love incarnate, pure Art. A personal work born from one man's intuition that seeks to be an intuitive and personal experience for the viewer too.

>I don't understand why some people call that show "pretentious'
Either anons just shitposting or cause not everything is made explicit. I think that only adds to the charm though.

I don't think it's because "not everything is made explicit", it's pretty easy to tell what the show is about (the narrative makes it clear at least). It's just that, considering the methods used, it's a very subjective experience and some people (who didn't click with the themes) are expressing their frustration by saying that the setting is wasted (which it isn't, not in a literal sense at least) or something of the sort.
Some people don't like Haibane Renmei's narrow focus and the fact that it ends up dealing with relatable themes instead of something much more "impressive".

>that low res 3D BG
XVID shitty encodes really helped those early 2000s awkward digital anime.

Fair enough, it's certainly not a show for everybody.

Is that the same person posting the same shit over and over again or is there a special club for it? Must be tiring after a while...

>special club
You want an invite? We got lots of cute girls, unlike Haibane Renmei's uggos.

Nah I'm fine, I'll stick with the good anime. You can keep your cute girls.

Approximately 52% of Sup Forums.

er, i meant 50.5%

I'm definitely going to watch that show one of these days. after which I will certainly remember it

My personal favorite angstfest.