Kaiba

>watch this because people hyped it up as the director's masterpiece
>it's actually kinda bad

Well, that was disappointing. It felt like the first and second halves were made by two different people, with the first half being completely pointless. They also plain just cut out important story events between ep 1 and 2 that made it impossible to understand what happens.

Devilman Crybaby is way better than this mess.

Honest to God, the paragon of pretentiousness

I can not stand this gobshite

The opening theme is nice.

dumb phoneposter

The first half is the good one, though.

some people just enjoy getting called out on their shit taste

i drop kaiba at episode won because it looked ugly and was dumb. Glad to see I made the right choice.....

I agree, but it was all irrelevant planet-of-the-week stories. Episodes 2-7 are basically an entirely separate anime that could be viewed by themselves. Ep 1 & 8-12 are the "core" story parts. The transition between them was also extremely jarring and utilizes Deus Ex Machinas, both in ep 2 to start the arc, and in episode 7 to go back to the main story. The lessons Kaiba learned on this journey meant absolutely nothing and did not contribute to his success. Unlike in any other "journey" kind of anime, there was no overarching moral or theme to take away that was present in all the tales, and the protagonist does not come away stronger from having experienced all of it.

Were there significant production issues for this show? Because that's the only explanation I can see it. Once you critically examine it, it becomes a clusterfuck.

It was good until it ran out of ideas and copied Evangelion.

plotnorms are literally autistic

>Yuasa
>anything Morimi's work
ok

Looked better than Devilman at least

first half is the good half though

Would've been better if it was half as long desu

That's what she said.

I liked all the sex. Nice contrast from the kiddie artstyle.

Ping Pong is Yuasa's masterpiece

You mean Galaxy.

I dropped Ping Pong halfway through episode 2 due to boredom. Does it get better?

They're both up there. Both are debatable depending on the type of person.

It gets absolutely hype after Peco defeat by the hands of China.

The show doesn't exactly shift in tone or style. If you think you've grown since the last time you tried watching it, I would recommend giving it a shot. I don't think the concept of a show "getting better" as it goes on really exists.

Galaxy is incredibly overrated at this point.

>Sup Forums has shit taste
who would have thought

sorry not everyone thinks esoteric pretentiousness = quality.

>half of the Kaiba's point is that Warp observes what an enormous clusterfuck was born from his memory copy technology he created for human happiness, which almost fucks him in the end
>user thinks he can actually remove those segments from the story

To be fair, you unironically need a high IQ to understand this after one watch. Sorry, OP.

>there was that episode where that woman copied herself and then fucked herself to death

2deep4me

First half was good, second half not so much.

That's Yuasa in general. He's the master of overrated 6-7/10 material. I've seen all of it, too. It's just above average, nothing else. Well, actually I haven't seen devilman yet so maybe he finally crawled out of his hole.

>I don't think the concept of a show "getting better" as it goes on really exists.
I would never take anyone's opinion seriously who says this.

>anyone hyping up Kaiba compared to Yuasa's other works
The only thing it did was prove he can't write
Even with this said, the first half is still good

Not really. I actually preferred the Devilman manga. He wrote a lot of things in it for the worse while missing the entire point of the manga.

It's a bit sad that's a thing you can note out.

How is it pretentious though

Probably because it makes you think it has a deep message about the relations of memory and human nature, but in the end it doesn't tell you jack shit and opts for a generic Eva instrumentality ripoff.

I feel like you're really reaching out with that sentiment.

fuck off newfag,
>reddit

First half is great, second half was rushed and lacked impact.

Devilman isn't better. Both are messy and overrated by Yuasa's elitists

Episode 3 is the best thing about it really.